• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed that bassnecter song. The other wasn't bad either, but I'm not in a really chill mood right now. I really dig ambient music when I am so I'd probably like it better then.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Hey all. I'm going to be spending the summer in Valparaiso, and I was pointed this way to find Melee-ers in the area. So, if there's any fests/tourneys/etc upcoming, I'd love to try and make it out to something.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Hey all. I'm going to be spending the summer in Valparaiso, and I was pointed this way to find Melee-ers in the area. So, if there's any fests/tourneys/etc upcoming, I'd love to try and make it out to something.
Our very own Goosefactor lives in Valparaiso. You should try to hit him up. I think he will be very excited as the Samus matchup is his favorite XD

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Hey, man, welcome to the region! You may want to get in touch with goosefactor via PM; he actually lives on the outskirts of Valpo. We could definitely hook you up with some Smash; we most frequently meet up at HoChiMinhTrail's place over in IL, so you could also get in touch with him as well.

ORLY

Smash Master
hey purdue guys, there's a tournament this weekend in cincinnati and we're driving right by purdue to get there

would anyone be interested in coming? the more people we get, the cheaper gas will be

also: i am looking for a teammateeee

'Fro

Smash Lord
Oh man. Fro's going to flip.
Already have. 3S IS COMING BACK AT LONG FRICKIN' LAST! Jason, we shall money match. Your Alex shall fall to the might of the Denjin Hadoken. Yes, I am bringing my sandbag Denjin for this. Get hype!

Our very own Goosefactor lives in Valparaiso. You should try to hit him up. I think he will be very excited as the Samus matchup is his favorite XD
I testify to the truth of all the above facts.

'Fro

Smash Lord
3S is a bad game.

Hey guys lets whiff normals for 30 seconds to build meter. Then we'll poke it out. :troll:
MvC 2 is a bad game. Hey guys, let's Storm "OH OH OH" for five minutes then try to land lightning attack combo to drones loop. :troll:

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
MvC 2 is a bad game. Hey guys, let's Storm "OH OH OH" for five minutes then try to land lightning attack combo to drones loop. :troll:
I can make storm make those noises all night long if you catch my drift. *wink wink nudge nudge click click wolf whistle*

Anyways, is it just me or does the Wii U look like a 360? (Also i hope they'll offer it in other colors other than white cuz white is soooo bleh)

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I move into my new place Sunday Chris so I can't go, and going to a Brawl tourny with a melee side event doesn't thrill me too much.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
i'm beginning to think you guys don't even read my posts anymore, hahahah
Simply to put it into my end. I'm not much into the scene anymore for smash. If I was even remotely interested, I would not even be able to go due to my car getting totaled by a ****ing deer the other day.

On that note about my car, they are saying that some support bar that holds it together is bent so bad that they would have to remove the entire front end of my car just to fix it....

So, I will be owning a different car very soon... ( -_-) I'm just not doing well with the sudden changes.

'Fro

Smash Lord
i'm beginning to think you guys don't even read my posts anymore, hahahah
I'm in Saudi Arabia right now, mang. No way I would attend a Smash tourney even if I wanted to right now, unless you can hook me up with dat submarine service.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm in Saudi Arabia right now, mang. No way I would attend a Smash tourney even if I wanted to right now, unless you can hook me up with dat submarine service.
You should make a tourney in Saudi Arabia and declare the winner the national champ. Then win with mario.

Also, how are things going over there. Do you feel like the new leadership is bringing about positive change?

EDIT: Anyone play magic? I just started for the first time since 7th edition, and I'm looking for people to play.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I have two type 2 decks, you can use one. or I'll just play whatever you have I need practice vs anything. 7th edition was released in 2001...

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Why would you even bother getting into MTG right now. Game has been a joke because of power creep and rules changes since M10. I miss the glory days...

O and Jace is mad dumb.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I **** so hard at MK9 lmao. I won the monthly I went to. 2nd in MvC3. Phoenix is a **** :*(
Ugh..... Phoenix. "Hey guys, I can get my *** kicked and then mash A in X-factor!" Novril's latest video on how to beat her is hella awesome, though.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Random Story.

Went to the beach with a whole bunch of my brothers crazy friends. Some azn dude pulled out a big ol' watermelon out of nowhere. They gave up on trying to cut it like normal human beings and instead 12 of them took turns punching it. It...opened...and they ate. Those crazy heathens....Anyways, my brother and I went up to the watermelon which was now dismantled and cracked in half in a zig zag. One half was filled with watermelon juice (or just...water?). My brother put his hands on his hips, smiled, leaned down next to the half watermelon. He sprinkled some sand into it and said..SIMBAAAAAAAAAAA. lolllllll

tl;dr niguhz is CRAZYY!

BunBun

Smash Master
Random Story.

Went to the beach with a whole bunch of my brothers crazy friends. Some azn dude pulled out a big ol' watermelon out of nowhere. They gave up on trying to cut it like normal human beings and instead 12 of them took turns punching it. It...opened...and they ate. Those crazy heathens....Anyways, my brother and I went up to the watermelon which was now dismantled and cracked in half in a zig zag. One half was filled with watermelon juice (or just...water?). My brother put his hands on his hips, smiled, leaned down next to the half watermelon. He sprinkled some sand into it and said..SIMBAAAAAAAAAAA. lolllllll

tl;dr niguhz is CRAZYY!
LMAO I was hoping this would turn stereotypical at some point, but am rather happy it didn't.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I've been spamming this kid since I was a little game.

Also, that's hilarious, Jason. I would've been pretty pissed though if he did that to me, heh.

Top Bottom