• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

'Fro

Smash Lord
Kung Lao is beast. I have a 50% combo that i can do with him. I know I can pull off more than that, but I keep messing up with the additional dive kicks in the air. Looks like I will have to get the 360 version soon so that I can play with Jason and Jay. At least PSN is finally starting again.
There ya go! Those are the numbers you should be looking at with Kung Lao. You're gonna whup a lot of *** with that guy.

Jay, I raise you Liu Kang. My low-mid-mid string is great block pressure, and it is in itself a 38% BnB with four reps. Using some other stuff for juggles and ending with bike kicks gets Kang in the 50% damage range. Trag shows that off perfectly.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
hey voorhese it was fun playing you too.
incase you forgot i'll put these down again for you:
- after you launch someone across the stage dont go right into an upsmash, maybe wavedash back first to bait an attack
- mix up recoveries
- ICs got predictable pretty fast with the down b -> grab

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
It was fun smashing with you guys. Hope to do it again soon.

Also, I think I'll get my free infamous and Wipeout hd. Anyone strongly agree or disagree with these choices?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
In the name of all that is holy, why is it STILL so **** cold outside? I generally only have like three months out of the whole year where I am usually free of weather johns, but this gay-*** weather is cutting into what precious little time that is. It's pissin' me off. :mad:

Also, I think I'll get my free infamous and Wipeout hd. Anyone strongly agree or disagree with these choices?
Couldn't say, Corey. I haven't played either one. :/

It's too hot to go outside T_T
"It's too hot to go outside" he says....Josh feels that the weather is too...hot?...breath, Goose, breath.

Josh, you're just lucky you're like 2456565 miles away from me right now....

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'm pretty pissed off at the weather myself...... This past winter was one of the coldest I've endured in my five years here, and this summer is the coldest start I've had to one thus far. At least it's gonna be warmer in DC for my little three-day trip over there for financial stuff.

Speaking of that, I am posting from the Indianapolis "International" Airport, waiting for my 5:25 am flight. Awesome.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Watch out now. 50% X-ray "starter" combo. Also, I've managed to get to 55% with Kung Lao now. It'll be higher once I can fully preform the combo properly. Else wise, my corner combos are legit now. Just need to work on mid-screen and what not combos. You guys shall fear me. lol

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
"It's too hot to go outside" he says....Josh feels that the weather is too...hot?...breath, Goose, breath.

Josh, you're just lucky you're like 2456565 miles away from me right now....
Tomorrow's high is 90 degrees with a low of 73.

As of 8:51 pm eastern time it's 78 degrees but feels like 82.

I'll say it again, IT'S TOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Is there a game 3? Was it a set?
Yeah I wasn't too sure about that myself. I didn't want to bring attention to it because then everyone would deduce that the loser of the first match ends up winning the second >_<. I'm hoping that the last vid is just out of order, and is further up on the list (as you probably assumed, I'm over a week behind).

What the hell lol. Those zerglings.
Heh, I know. I never thought a match with just like *minor spoilers* two different types of units could be so entertaining to watch! O_o

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, guys, it's been a blast of a year! I'm heading home this Tuesday, and coming back around Aug. 12th. Everyone stay in good health, and I'll see you all when I get back!

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Well, guys, it's been a blast of a year! I'm heading home this Tuesday, and coming back around Aug. 12th. Everyone stay in good health, and I'll see you all when I get back!
I wish you safe travels, sir, and have a good time! When you return, it'll be a bit over a week until the commencement of Massive Lafts, LLC (also known as our apartment). lol Fun times ahead indeed.

Jayford

Smash Lord
People who program will appreciate this.

My first assignment. Make this script more robust.

Me: What do you want done exactly o_0

Them: Just make it more robust.

ALSO: I'll upload project M stuff on Saturday. I don't have real internet yet lol

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
People who program will appreciate this.

My first assignment. Make this script more robust.

Me: What do you want done exactly o_0

Them: Just make it more robust.
What did you end up doing? I'm still not even sure what they want. Are they encountering errors and they need you to make it more "robust" by fixing these? (Also I only know kiddie languages so maybe it's over my head)

Jayford

Smash Lord
What did you end up doing? I'm still not even sure what they want. Are they encountering errors and they need you to make it more "robust" by fixing these? (Also I only know kiddie languages so maybe it's over my head)
Basicially it means make it more stable from what I have learned. The script they gave me just updated some text and it worked perfectly. Essentially, it has turned into a huge buzz word and management doesn't always know what it means lol.

Fro: I played some guy in Iowa who used Ryu in MvC3. This guy didn't just beleive, I think he might have actually been Ryu in real life...

Also, I can combo into grab balls with Mags :D. Then means grab loops pretty soon >=D

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
<.> I read "grab loops" as "grab boobs" lol. Hey guys remember when we were stuck in lance's room cuz of the storm outside so Goose was like "im going to my car to get stratego"? Good times good times. Anywho I hope none of u gaiz get hurt. Missouri got ****ed up from what I've heard. =[

Also, yes i did graduate Corey but that doesn't mean I wont visit and junk unless I get a job in the west coast cuz if i do, well gg's then. lol

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yes, you should return josh. You could just find a job in West Lafayette.... :)

I've been learning python. I like it A LOT.

I got another job so starting next week I'll be doing 55 hour work weeks. fun stuff.

Top Bottom