• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blad01

Smash Lord
can't it be 50% for melee and 50% for brawl? D:

Add El_Bardo, Robo_Luigi and Sefiroth from Spain.
Wow finally somebody else asking for this. 60-40 is so disrespectful towards brawl players, it's shocking.

Porc answered to me that it didn't matter since I was the one asking for a fair cashprize. So please brawl players, ask for a 50 - 50 cashprize (It's not really about money, it's about respect and fairness).

I will make a more detailled post later if this is needed.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Didn't notice that. Whoa, like Blad said that is quite disrespectable towards Brawl players.

Yeah make it 50-50... seriously wtf lol.

And no Melee vs Brawl please. Don't bring this up anyway. Boring as hell.

porc

Smash Journeyman
I don't want this to become a huge debate, so we'll cute it right now :

We organizers are all originaly Melee fans. Super Lion Tournaments are all originally Melee ones.

This time, just to please Brawl players and try having an open mind, we chose to incorporate a Brawl tournament. Brawl players : please consider it as a chance, please.

The cashprize distribution is only a way, for us, to show that Melee is still number 1 in our heart. This is NOT to "steal" brawl players, this is NOT to spit at face.

PLEASE understand this choice !

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
I agree with 50-50 or at least make it that everyone pays what he's playing for.

Edit: Well porc I kinda understand your view on this, but still cant you make it like 55-45 then ?

porc

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Well porc I kinda understand your view on this, but still cant you make it like 55-45 then ?

Well it's about the same thing, with only more problems to split the money (no change, etc.).

EDIT :

Both brawl and melee will have their day. Only cash prizes are a little bit different, for no hateful reasons.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, I AM a cool dude.

Don't worry we'll host the brawl tournament, and we'll host is just fine.

porc

Smash Journeyman
People are free to do some, yeah. No problem with that.

You just have to find the time, and the strengh I guess :)

K@0S

Smash Ace
40:60 is disrespectful for players like me who came for brawl, and will play melee for fun because we must pay it anyways.
In very big tournaments like those, personnal wants from organizers shouldn't be taken into account.

Btw, I'm still taking MMs for brawl x)

Salepate

Smash Cadet
Whether or not you think it's being disrespectful, you're just wrong. We have no such intentions and we'll give you details about this choice later on. in the meantime, don't get the wrong idea please.

strawhats

Smash Master
When i get home ill look into passports

and when i get home ill also check when my

summer school ends

then ill have a whole month 2 be over there

edit - if i go ima super freee load / mooch

or whateer u guys call it

=D
What class did you fail mango?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Next time I host a tourney I'll do 60% for Brawl with reasoning that I think that it's the better game (jkz). The amount of complaints would be too lol.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
At the Brawl players whining about the prizes: In the competitive European scene these games aren't considered as equal games. In fact, they put Brawl in this tournament for your sake, none of the organizers of this tournament plays Brawl at all. If you don't show up because you get less prizemoney for playing a less competitive game, I couldn't care less.

And no, I'm not going to bring the Melee VS Brawl debate up. Most Brawl players in Europe doesn't know how L-cancel works, so we all know how much knowledge they have for both games.

Next time I host a tourney I'll do 60% for Brawl with reasoning that I think that it's the better game (jkz). The amount of complaints would be too lol.
I know it's hard to understand for some people, but THIS IS MAINLY A MELEE TOURNAMENT. If you would host a tourney where Brawl was the main game, I(for example) would simply not show up. If you believe the game where they tried to kill all the competitive elements of smash is just as competitive as the game who got the most competitive elements, that's your logic, buddy.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
competitive brawlers are just plain *******, except for a few ones XD.
This event is most and foremost a melee event, because the hosts play melee only. From what I heard, there aren't that many brawl tournaments in Europe... You guys should be happy about the tournament taking place, and not complain about the splitting of the cashprize. It's stupid, cuz you know very well that Brawl is not the main event here. It's a tiny bit less important, and you just have to accept it. Also accept my apologies for calling you *******. You're not.
Anyway, I think this tournament will make some brawlers realize how much more interesting and fun melee can be compared to brawl, at high competitive level :)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
This event is most and foremost a melee event, because the hosts play melee only. From what I heard, there aren't that many brawl tournaments in Europe... You guys should be happy about the tournament taking place, and not complain about the splitting of the cashprize. It's stupid, cuz you know very well that Brawl is not the main event here. It's a tiny bit less important, and you just have to accept it. Also accept my apologies for calling you *******. You're not.
Anyway, I think this tournament will make some brawlers realize how much more interesting and fun melee can be compared to brawl, at high competitive level :)
Wow, bs posts are funny.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Please remind that even though Tonberry and JD brought up some interesting points, their points of view are not the ones of the main hosts, that is to say, porc, salepate and me.
We are currently writing a common answer, which will be the only one who'll really matter. Therefore, please not bring up this topic while we haven't answered, that's useless (because we already know what some Brawl compain about). Thanks.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Most Brawl players in Europe doesn't know how L-cancel works, so we all know how much knowledge they have for both games.
Most Melee players in Europe doesn't know how English works.

C wut I did thar?

(In case you don't understand: I'm generalizing things intentionally just like you did)

I know it's hard to understand for some people, but THIS IS MAINLY A MELEE TOURNAMENT.
No half-***** BS. Either make it all Melee or make it 50/50. Why should I go to a tournament to play a more competitive game (See, I can do that too) and only get 40% just to see other people get 60% for achieving the same? Because the TOs like Melee more? Then tell them to make it Melee only.

@porc

Honestly, I hate brining up that debate myself because I like both games but if everybody has to pay the same amount of money but winning Brawl gives you less just because you like Melee more then you can't call it a fair deal.

Either:

Everybody pays for everything and it's 50/50 for both events
Everybody only pays for the events he enters
Make it Melee only because Brawl is apparantly worse less and its only purpose is to get new players into the Melee scene (I'm not quite serious in case you don't see).

:059:

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
Ok.

I think that the number of Melee players > the number of Brawl players for this tournament.

Melee tournament : 60 Melee players, 10€ per player go to the cashprize. 600€.
If you add 40 Brawl players it will be the same.
60 Melee players, 40 Brawl players, 10€ per player go to the cashprize. 60 % for Melee, = 600€, 40 % for Brawl = 400€. So no, Blad, nobody cares about your money.

Brawl players are sad to pay for both Melee and Brawl tournament because they don't play Melee.
I don't see any Melee player crying because he has to pay for the Brawl tournament, even though he doesn't give a **** about this game.

(I play both games so it's not an attack against Brawl players)

EDIT : I know CashMooney, it's just that the majority of Melee players doesn't like Brawl at all. = )

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
why should the more than 60% melee players who arent even going to play brawl most likely want to put more of their money into a game that isn't going to have such a big turnout

brawl players stop thinking its biased and consider how many people are going for melee and brawl, if people aren't willing to understand and just flame the organizers I'll be willing to start giving infractions because no one wants to see whining

if you want 50/50 make 50 more brawl players come then talk

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
troll more plz

Most Brawl players in Europe doesn't know how L-cancel works, so we all know how much knowledge they have for both games.
yeah sure,almost all the brawl players in Spain know how to L-cancel and do all the important ATs , and those who don't just don't play the game and don't flame because they don't know anything about it.

walks in**

" laughs at brawlers "

walks out**
LOL so funny. jk

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
troll more plz
Brawlers at their best, ignoring the rest:

Also accept my apologies for calling you *******. You're not.
those who don't just don't play the game and don't flame because they don't know anything about it.
Might be so, but unfortunately for you, I know a lot about the game. Even though I'm not liking the game it doesn't mean I don't know anything about it ;) Believe it or not: that's the reason why I hate it.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
you are stupid
texttexttext
sorry,for calling you stupid, you are not.

( just an example of what he said, don't take it seriously, but if he doesn't think brawl players are ******, he wouldn't say it and be sorry in the same post, don't ya think?)

btw I'm not a brawler, I play brawl and melee and I actually like melee more. but I don't go flaming because other's don't agree with me.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Most Melee players in Europe doesn't know how English works.

C wut I did thar?

(In case you don't understand: I'm generalizing things intentionally just like you did)
Well first of all i'd say the fact that he included the word most (just like you did) kinda actually means he's not generalising, but just pointing out fact (note: I have no idea about how many competitive brawl players know about l-cancelling. All brawl players i talk to do know about it, so i'm not saying he's actually right, but it just isn't quite generalising). Or i suppose you could call it generalising, but in this case i don't see anything wrong with that as he isn't hiding that it is.

Secondly i just don't quite get where you're trying to go with the sentence you put up. What relevance would your "generalising" (which on the other hand i know isn't true), even have?

And with that said, i also think, as already pointed out brawl players should be quite happy about the decision of putting a shared pot in 60/40 instead of making it so that you only have to pay for the game you wanna play for since it'll likely make your share bigger anyway, and as already said when the share was originally mentioned is done to try and make the communities interact more, and attract more players to both games.
I'll personally be playing both (which i would even if i didn't have to pay for both), but other than that i also acknowledge melee as the more skillfull game (which i agree shouldn't matter), there just will be more competition (read: More players) in that game.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Stupid - stupid = NULL.

I agree though, saying that Brawlers are ******* and then taking it back is just a waste of time. He could just have left it blank :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
brawlers just want more money from the melee player's pockets by the look of it, maybe they should get more brawl players to come so we could say the same

BTW we are booked! 7 Londoners coming

Fuzzyness
MakoMako
Kira
Tamoo
Dave
Ixis
Aurorean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom