• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Holy **** the french smashers are the best guys in the world.

Also I'm sure Mango won't handle PAL. Better train in your room with a PAL Melee or you'll get ***** even with 7 stocks.
ive heard that puff is the same in pal ...

so i would **** even harder

wouldnt have to worry about foxes

and sheiks

cause they suck in ur game =D

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Let's all be nice smashers now and stop the spamming, flaming and Brawl bashing.

On a different note, why was the decision to combine the Melee and Brawl pot made in the first place? As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really add anything, seeing as the focus of this tournament in on Melee and the turn-out for that game will probably be higher (probably more than 60% of all attendees?).

MaNg0

Smash Hero
in a game where like half the characters are worse

Congrats LOL

In our game sheik has 2 deal with all kinds of ****

and still gets off =D

in america OUR CHARACTERS DONT SUCK

IN AMERICA WE GET OFF

IN AMERICA WE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW GOOD A CHAR IS.. WE **** IT

*rants about america*

<3 usa

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yah, but fox still ***** shiek in pal and so does jigglypuff <3

It's a lot harder for marth without the spike..marth is generally overrated..he has the range but honestly he lacks speed and escape options

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Mango you are pretty sure that you'll win just because you own USA.

But at the tournament I'll bet for Armada, and I hope more people do like me.

Also, what will you play in Brawl? If you do.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Mango you are pretty sure that you'll win just because you own USA.

But at the tournament I'll bet for Armada, and I hope more people do like me.

Also, what will you play in Brawl? If you do.
Armada is younger than Mango, more technical, smarter, and master the PAL version of smash. He'll easily have the best odds against the nationalistic kiddo from the US. ;)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
1. Im not sure ... im like half pretty sure lol

2. and ive never seen him do ne thing that impressed me

if u wanna argue again europe... lets do it

usa... lol

Luma

Smash Lord
Pal > NTSC (at least when it comes to melee)

its just a fact you guys cant ignore (even though americans are quite good at it)

any real competive game needs patches/etc, and since you guys are not even playing on NTSC 1.0, the Pal version is nothing but a NTSC 2.0 (or 1.4 whatever you wanna call it)

anyway about the brawltards complaining about the potsize:

be ****ing happy that there even is a brawl tournament with cash prize
as nearly everyone has said, this is a melee tournament with brawl as a sideevent

if you dont like the pots as they are, the hosts could easily change it to something like this:
venue: 10€
melee: 10€
brawl: 5€

would this make you happy? i guess not
and only paying for the events you want to enter is just stupid as hell, no realy host would ever do that because 90% of the people wouldnt pay because they dont have a change to win anything, so why not play some friendlies instead and saving money? (i know that not everyone thinks like that but a lot of people do)

so really, just shut up and take it like this or host your own good **** tournament

ps: melee > brawl

MaNg0

Smash Hero
dang u guys have more melee people then brawl?

thats ****

AND competitive games dont need patches

its nice when theres really good **** ... all fighting games

have those good *** characters.. and unless ur brawl u try and ban that character

i love playing puff and fighting broken *** fox...

cause when i win its like dam... get *****...

man up

man-go up

looooooool

porc

Smash Journeyman
I guess I like PAL more 'cause it's more balanced in my opinion and some bugs are not in it. Even though I play Samus and NTSC Samus is fun.

Mango you're funny ahah.

omg Mango and M2K should go and team.

team USA LOL
YES they really should ;)

Oh and like Slhoka said, we'll right something down so people can understand our choice for the pot and why it's impossible too complicated to do seperate entry fees.

EDIT : Nice Fuzzyness ! :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
1. Im not sure ... im like half pretty sure lol

2. and ive never seen him do ne thing that impressed me

if u wanna argue again europe... lets do it

usa... lol
I don't know if you guys from the USA know this, but mindgames > flashyness. Armada is really technical, but he prefers to play smart rather than flashy. One thing he's using a lot in tournament play though is powershielding. Shut your big mouth, and just come here and play him. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah how impressive can it be watching a puff resting? And I see Silent Wolf do more **** with you with Fox, he has to be better then...

Poor Mango ain't impressed :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Why is Europe getting so defensive from Mangoes comment.
All you have to do is let me at him and then the **** will commence.
Can someone give me a reason of why I **** people so much? I have been trying to figure out this for a while and it is quite a brainteaser.
Someone tell me what it is like to not be like me, cos in this life I live I want to travel around the world and see things from different perspectives.
I understand that Mango is not me but I would like to help him become similar to me if you he wants the help and I am very happy to help anyonelse who wants it.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I don't want this to become a huge debate, so we'll cute it right now :

We organizers are all originaly Melee fans. Super Lion Tournaments are all originally Melee ones.

This time, just to please Brawl players and try having an open mind, we chose to incorporate a Brawl tournament. Brawl players : please consider it as a chance, please.

The cashprize distribution is only a way, for us, to show that Melee is still number 1 in our heart. This is NOT to "steal" brawl players, this is NOT to spit at face.

PLEASE understand this choice !

everyone should read this again ( melee and brawl players).

I just asked, Porc said no, it's his tournament, not mine so he has the last word. And I'm a TO as well and I hate people wanting to change things I don't agree with.

Brawl people: leave it, you can ask for something, if it's no, it's NO. you aren't the TOs, they are. If they want they can even have items ON, and if they don't want to turn then off and you don't agree deal with it or don't go to the tournament.

Melee people: leave the TOs speak, no need to repeat what someone else said, to flame or to say brawl sux . If you agree with the TO then just say it instead of flaming brawl like some of you have done.

Now let's forget about this and let's talk about other things -.-

why is pal better than NTSC?
it isn't better, it's all about opinion ( most people don't understand that word). PAL version has modified some of the moves in the game. some people may think it's better and others may think it's worse.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
If you think balance = better, you think PAL is the best game. Otherwise you thing NTSC is the best.
End of story.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I don't play Melee but from looking at the differences, watching pro Melee and talking to experienced Melee players I have to say I prefer PAL because of the balance. As a low tier main I think balance is extremely important when it comes to fighting games, I personally base my character choice on what characters I actually like most... and end up at a disadvantage because of it.
I know I would probably enjoy the game that much more if I had the opperunity to compete at the highest level of play, then again, one of the most enjoyable things about using a low tier character is winning against the odds. But I think a greater diversity amoungst viable characters makes for a more interesting and enjoyable competetive game.
Thats why I say the PAL Melee is superior to NTSC.
In Brawl we have the oppertunity to improve the balance of the game ourselves... but instead people screwed around with the physics =/.

And about the Melee/Brawl percentage split thing... I play Brawl exlcusively and I don't like Melee, and I have no complaints about the split at all. Im not coming for money, infact Im paying to come and Im not going to win any money. Anyone who is coming to this for the money probably shouldn't be playing the game. Also, less than 40% of people coming are probably going to actually be playing Brawl... so the way I see it we are getting a pretty good deal. We just have to face the fact that Europe still prefers Melee... and move to America.

<3 USA.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Owning both the japanease, the american, and the european version of melee i must say i think PAL is also better... And more balanced, which people already know :p
It is fun playing around with some of the NTSC glitches though ;)

Oh, and i think mango's jiggs is great to watch, and am quite sad to see he's been using other characters so much lately. Sorry guys :p

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
King > Mango, cuz he has a more entertaining Jiggz.
Everybody else's Falco > Mango's Falco, cuz they are more technical.

I love the Mango logic.

Tero.

Smash Champion
everyone should read this again ( melee and brawl players).

I just asked, Porc said no, it's his tournament, not mine so he has the last word. And I'm a TO as well and I hate people wanting to change things I don't agree with.

Brawl people: leave it, you can ask for something, if it's no, it's NO. you aren't the TOs, they are. If they want they can even have items ON, and if they don't want to turn then off and you don't agree deal with it or don't go to the tournament.

Melee people: leave the TOs speak, no need to repeat what someone else said, to flame or to say brawl sux . If you agree with the TO then just say it instead of flaming brawl like some of you have done.

Now let's forget about this and let's talk about other things -.-

it isn't better, it's all about opinion ( most people don't understand that word). PAL version has modified some of the moves in the game. some people may think it's better and others may think it's worse.
Wow this post is so good I just have to add: quoted for truth.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Marcbri ftw.

And personnaly as a Brawl player (though I play both games, I can't be considered as a Melee player yet as I still suck) I'm not bothered by that cash prize difference thing. I'll pay to attend a tournament, to have fun and play against many different people, my main goal is not to get the prize...

And as it has been said, a host decides rules, an attendee must respect them or leave, that's all.

And Armada will win both events anyway, so I don't think he'll care much about winning more money from Melee than Brawl. xD

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
1. What is the cheapest way to get there from Grenoble airport (Ryanair)?
2. Do I get something for bringing recording stuff? (Will probably bring it anyway)
3. How to spend 11 hours in London on thursday night/friday morning? =)

porc

Smash Journeyman
1. The cheapest way would probably be to travel by car with someone coming from Grenoble. The only one I know is Feca Link, I'll ask him.
If he can't, then you have to take a direct train (Grenoble -> "La Verpilliere") which is about 10€.

2. Minus 10€ on the entry fee, our eternal love, kisses, a chair with your name on it, a pillow ? name it. (btw, we'll put a reduction for people bringing setups ! details soon)

3. I don't know !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom