• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
M2K: Are you talking about the entrance fee, or what?
If so, I don't really see the problem here. I though I saw you write somewhere that you wanted to come to win money, and because of that, the possible European tourney just HAD to have Brawl. Big entrance fees means big money.

However, if you're interested in lowering the entrance fee and in that way make it cheaper for everybody, and then make less money in the tourney, that's brilliant! That would mean that it isn't all about the money, and that some AMERICAN guy would go to Europe for pride and glory, and NOT the money. Despite constant trash talking about how awesome America is and how much Europe sucks. I'm not saying that you're one of them, I'm just saying that a lot of the top players in America is like this, and have proved it by posting ****.

Arrogance is lame, and unfortunately Americans likes to put themselves in the arrogant light. I could guess that if an European top player would beat an American top player, the American guy would john all over the place. I can tell for sure though, that the European player wouldn't say any kind of **** after something like that would have happened. I could guess that parts of the European community that is sick of the Americans' arrogance would comment it, but the player himself would just show respect to his opponent.

I really hope this turns to be just the opposite of what it seems, though! I hope that the Americans in a way have respect for Europe. :)

Oh, btw: If you want easy money, I can put you on my MM-list. ;)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Everybody should know by now that Salepate + Porc = team of win!
Slhoka is just wtfpro. With him helping with the organizing this can't fail! :O
Actually, at the moment we still don't know how to provide food to everyone, which is kind of fail, so I wouldn't be that optimistic. On the other side, we're working on it so it should be ok.

BTW, I'm missing a lot of people on my MM list.
C'mon, don't be shy! :(
I don't like money matches. However, I'd like to play a Bowser ditto on Yoshi Story. If I can find some near Lyon, the winner (= you) would get a pack of Capri Sonne but would have to give some advices on how to play Bowser to the loser (= me). Do we have a deal?

HEY GUYS

so... the best tickets I could find were like 700 dollars + from like PHL to CDG

is there any way I could possibly get a discount in some way.. I heard priceline offered a name your own price thing that I haven't looked into yet. I'm skeptical about going if it's that much money, and Scar doesn't wanna go period because of it. If not for that, I would really like to come.

Can anyone assist this problem?
I couldn't find anything better than $700-730 from PHL to either Paris or Lyon.
But you know, 700$ isn't that much. Porc, Qlex and I intend to go to Genesis, and it seems we'll have to pay about 900€ ($1200+). I don't know what you expected, but 700$ seems to be a fair price, according to me =/

Edit : lol @ Tonberry's speech. (It doesn't mean I disagree =p)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'd be staying for about 1 week around 5th to like 12/13th prolly of August, and it's not just me that wouldn't wanna go for that much, the people I would be coming with don't want to do it for that much either even more so than me, which is another huge problem

btw - ppl that think I have a lot of money I actually don't. My mom never went to college so she makes hardly anything, and Mike is still paying off the house that he's trying to sell. I made over 20k off smash in my life, yet mom used well over 10 k of it, leaving me with only 9k left... and I hardly ever spent any of it. Don't actually assume I have that much lol cuz I don't sadly.

But yeah, can anyone come up with ideas. Me/my friends would be fine with like 500 or so but like me and especially them don't wanna do it for that much... it just doesn't seem worth it

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
M2K: I don't know, but I don't have the impression that you are rich :p
Neither do I believe most of the other smashers in Europe thinks that.

Traveling between continents like USA and Europe is diehard expensive though, and that is nothing any of us can solve.

But: How the hell did you find tickets for 700$!? Do you have any idea of how cheap that is considering the distance? o_O
I'd be amazed if I found tickets to USA with a price like ~1000$.

It'll go down Jason just wait a bit. thats what I did.

700 is hella good for like two weeks
Hmmm, the prices for flight tickets usually rise the closer you get to the flight date. That is according to my experience though, but I wouldn't recommend waiting for a long time, especially when the tickets already are as cheap as 700$

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
It ain't that expensive I got a flight to Amsterdam for 600 bucks

for a thousand bucks id be set

thats hella cheap man

get the **** at me
Hmmm, the reason why it costs me more than 1000$ for a there and back-ticket might be that I'm living in the worlds most expensive coutry, I just realized that...

Blad01

Smash Lord
What did you expect M2K anyways ? D: 700 dollars is a pretty good prize (even cheaper than I thought, since it amounts 518,7€), and if you can find a way to stay long enough to go to Yuna's tourney before/after SL4, it should be really worth it :)

Anyways if you come, SL4 will have all the bests from Europe anyways, so it will be worth it in terms of playing, and earning glory around the world :p
If you are the best in North America, and if you win SL4 (and maybe another tourney in Europe), then you'll have only Japan left to dominate XD

Apparently the main problem is your friends... I don't know, I don't really see any ways to have a cheaper price right now :s

Also, Ally and HolyNightmare were interested in this (Don't know for now though), and they are friends of yours, aren't they ? ;p

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
Yeah

or it could be cuz your airport dont get much traffic. if your city aint big on travel, chances are its more expensive

orlando and amsterdam however.....

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yuna's tourney is focused on melee, not sure if there's brawl yet

Its gonna be in sweden, not sure how big yet but no venue fee!

also it costs £600 to get a flight from london to america

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
try doing it like in euro-trip (i really dont know if something like that exists though... but with smashers in every country, you just need to get to europe, and then travel to TSL with them, if it exists)

(in case you didnt watch the movie... you fly for free in return for taking some pakage or something in your luggage...
I srsly dont know if anything alike exists, but i could imagine..)

Tamoo

Smash Master
he doesnt need to dominate Japan, according to Kel, they dont even play melee there anymore,

and yeah, 700 dollars is relatively cheap considering the dates at which ur coming,

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
try doing it like in euro-trip (i really dont know if something like that exists though... but with smashers in every country, you just need to get to europe, and then travel to TSL with them, if it exists)

(in case you didnt watch the movie... you fly for free in return for taking some pakage or something in your luggage...
I srsly dont know if anything alike exists, but i could imagine..)
Thats what I did. But he can't do that due to certain circumstances.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
and i already have housing by some guy "ultrajoanna" on aim who lives near Paris, so that's why I wanted to fly around there
The guy's usual nickname is Joanna Dark (aka JD for pretty much everyone in Europe). He actually lives in the south of France, really far from Paris , but his parents have a appartment in Paris, I guess that's were he wants to house you.
However, I'd prefer to warn you that going from Paris to Lyon and coming back costs about 60€ (about $80), which is non-negligible additional cost. But it would mean you could have time for sightseeing in Paris, which would be definitly worse the trip, in my opinion (especially for your friends, as I assume that their interest for smash isn't a important as yours).

As for flights prices... you can lower prices a bit by leaving at an airport in Washington, DC, but I don't think it's worth it since it's only $30 lower.
I don't think you'll be able to find cheaper prices that ≈ $700, at least not during summer, unless you book waaaaay before your trip. $700 is actually a fairly good price. If you don't think the trip would be worth it, well first of al you're wrong, and then you could try to change your plans as some said and make a trip around Europe. It would be even more expensive, true, but that wouldn't be too much of a problem since you're unlikely to leave TSL4 with empty pockets and most of all, it would be worth th money for sure ! But it might be harder for your friends, though =/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Holy fuxing shyzz I'm sooooooooooooo down for this! Imma getting tickets asap *****es!!!

Yeah, let's go to Amsterdam afterwards @ Cash Mooney I'm totally down for this...there'll be a 100+ ppl tourney in cologne the week after, so spending a lil time in Amsterdam is convenient (and fun). Jason, you should go to Amsterdam too it's hella awesome there ... I just need to find a place to stay till the next weekend.

SOMEBODY HOUSE ME FOR THIS!!!

GET F'ING HYPED, MOFOS

:059:

stelzig

Smash Lord
yuna's tourney is focused on melee, not sure if there's brawl yet

Its gonna be in sweden, not sure how big yet but no venue fee!

also it costs £600 to get a flight from london to america
I thought yuna said brawl singles was confirmed, and it was only teams he wasn't sure about.
And i believe he also said there's room for 300 people - which is possibly more than here if enough people show interest when he'll give us a definite date.

I somewhat already assumed you knew about it and was just waiting for a date on that one m2k. This one and yuna's tournament are supposed to be pretty close i think..

Edit: Since no one else just linked to the topic - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229530

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
Holy fuxing shyzz I'm sooooooooooooo down for this! Imma getting tickets asap *****es!!!

Yeah, let's go to Amsterdam afterwards @ Cash Mooney I'm totally down for this...there'll be a 100+ ppl tourney in cologne the week after, so spending a lil time in Amsterdam is convenient (and fun). Jason, you should go to Amsterdam too it's hella awesome there ... I just need to find a place to stay till the next weekend.

SOMEBODY HOUSE ME FOR THIS!!!

GET F'ING HYPED, MOFOS

:059:
Yo b!itch if I'm actually at this we're going to finally team :laugh:

MaNg0

Smash Hero
EUROPE VS USA?!??!

1. we would **** u guys

2. just give me 7 stocks ill **** all of u guys

3. tickets are 900

I AM NOT PAYING 900 **** dollars... for only like 3 days

maybe i can come in the summer and someone could house me for a month

Fuzzy?

lol

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol what, im from london :p we dont hold no european tourneys there

im sure someone could actually house you for a month, but it is a lot to ask lol

i would personally but it'd make no sense to my dad so he would give a confused no :)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

WE SHOW THAT HOSPITALITY.. and would house people

for a month USA USA USA..

all tho all of u probably hate me .... hmmmm lol

porc

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious when asking for a month of housing ? If so, I can start looking into it, but i'm not sure if you're joking around or not.

What is sure is that you can come to Europe for a month, and travel from place to place to see the most of it.

EDIT : And, no, Europe doesn't hate you dude. I think a lot of people would be happy to house you :) Me first for example.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
If Mango goes put him in my pool I will jv 5 stock him without a doubt and shock the whole world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom