• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
So yeah, high season is about to begin. And plane/train tickets will drastically rise over the next few weeks. So, and I really apologize for hammering this point over and over, is this confirmed for over 96 participants yet? I need to know somewhat in advance, since last minute booking sucks.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Announce this week please.. It pretty much means if I can go or not for reasons which Tiersie stated. -__-"

porc

Smash Journeyman
Ladies (really ?) and gentlemen,

As you know, SUPER LION 4 is scheduled for August 7-9th, near Lyon, France (seriously, how cool is this city's name ?). At first it was supposed to be a quite modest event, gathering at max 64 people. But then, Mew2king and Scar took interest in this, and things got a little more ambitious. Rapidly, around 100+ people were planning on coming, and we just coulnd't handle it anymore. So we had this idea of a second venue, located right next to the first one, and making it possible to gather 200 participants in the "same" place.

This was a real challenge. It's been long, it's been hard, but we finally got it.
Slhoka, Salepâte and I, as well as the French Smash Association SSBUP are proud to announce to you that... THIS **** IS OOON, BABY !

Up to 50 TVs, a limit of 200 participants (note : this limit may change when we'll visit the venues, but it can't go lower), all Europe will be there, Mew2king is definitly planning on travelling here, and his fellows Mango and Scar are also interested, what else do you need ? Freeplay ? You got it. We have the place from friday to monday, and you'll be able to stay there the whole time. I don't know about you, but I'm getting a boner !
Also consider that there will be severals TVs where you'll be able to record matches all the time ! You'll have plenty of souvenirs from this event. TSL4 will mark Smash History. Be sure to be there !

Start booking, start asking MM's, start trashtalking, and especially... start training HARDCORE MODE cause the European Smash tournament of the year is here.

PS : First post has to be re-writen. A few changings in the rules, more information etc... Also, a website is under construction, where you'll be able to register for this epic event.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yeah ! :D

I can bring my Wii with Melee and Brawl wy the way, and I will be able to record replays on my PC.

I plan to there by train, so if they are others parisians in the same case, tell me ;)

So, MM so far (2€ max) :
- Marcbri
- Willz
- Gregs
- Greward

I can take 10 MM max for the moment. ^^ (They will be registered by the way)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Awesome !

I challenge everyone to MM in brawl, and Spain will **** this tourney in both melee and brawl, u'll see :p

hypeee!

edit: btw how many wiis will have Homebrew channel to get the matches recorded? I'd love that most of them did so I can get all my matches in my SD.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Any chances of a live stream as well? The live stream for Smash Attack was god awful. I hope for a decent one if there is any chance of one here. =]

auroreon

Smash Ace
Awesome !

I challenge everyone to MM in brawl, and Spain will **** this tourney in both melee and brawl, u'll see :p

hypeee!

edit: btw how many wiis will have Homebrew channel to get the matches recorded? I'd love that most of them did so I can get all my matches in my SD.

I'll be bringing 2 Wiis with the HBC to record matches, and maybe a capture card too. And I'll take any MMs also.

Tamoo

Smash Master
From London, about £55, and Charles is thinking of staying there for a week or so

And Kira, as i understand it, ur paying for doubles no matter what so whether ur interested in doubles is irrelevant lol,
If ur looking for a brawl partner, cant really help ya but if its melee, my friend cheez needs a partner, i think uve played him b4,
oh and cheez needs a brawl partner too but he's not a brawl player really so i dont think he'd suit u kira lol

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
The whole monday (till tuesday 8:30 AM)

But of course, it's better if people leave on monday.

nice to know that, I almost booked a flight that left monday morning, I'll search for another one that leaves monday evening or tuesday morning =D.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It is unlikely I will be coming to this so I can't represent the UK since I am one of the best in the UK I am essential for the UK image to be presented in a good way. Without me it goes down hill lol.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ok guys,I need to know if we can get housing on the 6th

Also will anyone be able to house us till the 13th after?

if this is 100% im booking at 9pm or tommorow! cheers!

there will be 4/5 londoners coming

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
It is unlikely I will be coming to this so I can't represent the UK since I am one of the best in the UK I am essential for the UK image to be presented in a good way. Without me it goes down hill lol.

The image of the UK is very high obviously, thanks to your glorious leader.

You'll have nothing to be worried about if he comes!

Honeythief

Smash Cadet
Rrrrr

And this tournament is the day I go back to the US T_T... Sounds really cool though. Will a lot of americans + canadians come?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
cashmooney i think he means to do with UK crews, we aint got our best players coming so it'll be stupid really

prof is 2nd best in the UK atm and he's **** ;o

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah that tends to happen when you get to my level of ****. It's a blessing and a curse.

lool @ Charles (Fuzzynes for those of you who don't know) deleting my post, he doesn't know the right situation to use his modiness.

porc

Smash Journeyman
ok guys,I need to know if we can get housing on the 6th

Also will anyone be able to house us till the 13th after?

if this is 100% im booking at 9pm or tommorow! cheers!

there will be 4/5 londoners coming
Housing on the 6th should be ok.

Can't you guys leave on monday or tuesday ? Housing you till the 13th is gonna be hard.

On the 6th, I'll probably house a ridiculous high number of people (every inches of floor is gonna be used, plus my garden for those who don't mind sleeping under the stars), but after the tournament, I'll only take a few, and for now I don't know about the others leaving in the area.

Worst case scenario : There's a motel quite near the venue. We'll probably have to contact them and ask them for a discount if too many people need to stay before/after the tourney.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Rrrrr

And this tournament is the day I go back to the US T_T... Sounds really cool though. Will a lot of americans + canadians come?
Wait, you're in Toulouse right now ?

PM me if you wanna meet some players from threr (I only know Melee players in Toulouse, though).

Edit :
porc, you are officialy even better than before that announcement...
and you were pretty ****ing amazing before!
Don't forget Salepate ! But nevertheless, it's true =D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Everybody should know by now that Salepate + Porc = team of win!
Slhoka is just wtfpro. With him helping with the organizing this can't fail! :O

I MM anyone with the following rules(as last time):
- Yoshi's Story only.
- I can only use Bowser.
- You use which character you want.
- Bet: 1-2 euros(you choose).
- I want up to 10 players on my MM list :)
- At least best of 5.

T3h list(5/10):
- JD (2 euros)
- Fuzzyness (? euros)
- Wiilee (? euros)
- Infernum (1 euro)
- Yomi-no-Kuni (2 euros)
BTW, I'm missing a lot of people on my MM list.
C'mon, don't be shy! :(

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
HEY GUYS

so... the best tickets I could find were like 700 dollars + from like PHL to CDG

is there any way I could possibly get a discount in some way.. I heard priceline offered a name your own price thing that I haven't looked into yet. I'm skeptical about going if it's that much money, and Scar doesn't wanna go period because of it. If not for that, I would really like to come.

Can anyone assist this problem?

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well... M2K, you must come now that we have a second room ! If you come, even more players will come, and that means more money, and a better cashprize. If you think you can win Melee and Brawl, the plane won't cost you that much :p (if not anything)

On what site have you found the best prize so far ?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Housing on the 6th should be ok.

Can't you guys leave on monday or tuesday ? Housing you till the 13th is gonna be hard.

On the 6th, I'll probably house a ridiculous high number of people (every inches of floor is gonna be used, plus my garden for those who don't mind sleeping under the stars), but after the tournament, I'll only take a few, and for now I don't know about the others leaving in the area.

Worst case scenario : There's a motel quite near the venue. We'll probably have to contact them and ask them for a discount if too many people need to stay before/after the tourney.
can you ask around for us? we got our possibly best brawl players coming with us too :/ There's gonna be like 5-8 london players and if we could get housed till the 13th then awesome..otherwise I'll just book for the day the tournament ends ~_~ It just sucks to go to another country and not get to stay around to be a tourist. We all want to see Lyon =/ it's like apparently one of the nicest places in France to see aside Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom