• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

Nedved

Smash Apprentice
Don't know where to post this so... =)

Just wanted to grats every Sheik mainer that went to Apex, you did well ! It was a pleasure to see your matches, etc.
Special mention :

Teczero : Very impressive match against Shroomed ! I was sad that we didn't hear any news about how you did in loser bracket, but, you did well. Grats, and I hope we will see you top 13 next tournament ! :)

M2K : Come on :(

Amsah : Sad you lost to a Peach(ok, it's MacD^^), then to Jman. I would be glad to play you in some tournaments in Europe btw !

KirbyKaze : Well... MattDotZeb, Shiz, Hbox, MacD... you was awesome. I juste wanted you to kick hbox out of the tournament but he manages to get it :/ I'm very impressed by your performance and I hope your matches were recorded !

Tope : Pretty good tournament, seeing you beasting Tai was great :)

Sheik got 5th then 13th. Quite better than in Genesis2.
So... Seeing you playing told me at least one thing : Training training training... and next time i will kick ***** in bracket too !
(Ok, first in France and Europe, then USA^^)

Thanks and congratulations for what you did at Apex everybody ! =)

(and Sorry for my english ^^)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
nedved - Thanks =D Next time I'll aim for that, I wanted at least top 25 and I think I got that =D

stelzig - Yea, we ran sheik/samus. Not sure if we got many or any vids recorded though.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I agree. Just look at him. That tie, that stand up attitude. He could easily hang with someone who had ten times the class of Sheik.

Even though ten times zero is still zero.....

gm jack

Smash Lord
Went to Out of Con'trolls yesterday (a semi european UK tournament). Made bracket in singles and got 7th in doubles. Think Jolteon did better on both accounts.

Realised I am terrible at Sheik dittos and my falcon match up could do with a lot of work.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Do you know how you placed in singles?

7th in doubles is pretty good :)
25th or something. Bottom of bracket. Lost first round to Pepito (who came joint first due to time constraints) and lost in losers narrowly (2-1 last stock) to a falcon who I beat by exactly the same margin in losers.

In pools I got 2-0 by someone who didn't make bracket, so hence really realising how poor my sheik dittos are. I don't know how to treat someone with exactly the same tricks as me, and my crouch cancelling is so poor that they essentially get several times more openings than me.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I wish I could help but my proficiency in Sheik dittos has mostly to do with my combos being about twice as damaging as the next best Sheik (excluding Mew2King, of course). I'm not sure I'm actually good at any other part of Sheik ditto. Like spacing and all that jazz.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Went to Out of Con'trolls yesterday (a semi european UK tournament). Made bracket in singles and got 7th in doubles. Think Jolteon did better on both accounts.

Realised I am terrible at Sheik dittos and my falcon match up could do with a lot of work.
I think I placed around 9th, placed 3rd in doubles.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I wish I could help but my proficiency in Sheik dittos has mostly to do with my combos being about twice as damaging as the next best Sheik (excluding Mew2King, of course). I'm not sure I'm actually good at any other part of Sheik ditto. Like spacing and all that jazz.
Is there anyone who is actually good at sheik dittos then, other than m2k?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
iirc teczero had to play like 5 sheiks in his bracket at ROM and only lost to m2k.

soap

Smash Hero
it comes pinned to the taskbar if I remember correctly, that just means he is lazy.

Iono, my computer still has XP..

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
In pools I got 2-0 by someone who didn't make bracket, so hence really realising how poor my sheik dittos are. I don't know how to treat someone with exactly the same tricks as me, and my crouch cancelling is so poor that they essentially get several times more openings than me.
I lied.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313447

The only MU I actually have written about is Sheik dittos so far. I'm working on Falco at the moment, because he seems to be giving everyone a rough time. Understandably, since PP keeps spoon-feeding them ludicrously homoerotic strategies and he's inherently ridiculous as a character. And there's a ton of literature on how to be gay with bird feet.

So yeah.

Obviously the combo stuff is a lil' different (it being PAL and all) but the combat stuff should be relevant. The risk-reward in combat is also probably very different. But I think the breakdown of aerials vs. grab vs. d-tilt (and other anti-aerials) is still reasonably decent.

A good, albeit somewhat silly strategy to get some kills is to block near the edge when the opponent has grabbed the edge. If they ledgehop Fair you (rising Fair) you can often do something out of shield and kill them (needles OOS if they retreat, nair OOS if they don't). Kind of a nifty trick. If they poofstall, you can retreat fairly safely so there's not a big risk. Waveland > grab is similarly slow and the same WD back that takes you to safety against the poof will also space you against waveland > grab too (do a long WD back), so it's actually a pretty decent gimmick that might net you a bunch of KOs. If you face backwards, you can also position yourself for a WD edgehog if they like to up-B stall (being able to FF during a WD edgehog is important for the backwards strat to work though; her WD edgehog is remarkably slow without it).

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Avoiding lasers as often as possible and being one of the best powershielders in michigan immensely improved my falco game. Sadly, neither of those things mean much haha.

Really though, if he is camping I just either powershield all the lasers back on FD, or get on the platforms and stay on different levels until he is forced to move forward and put himself in a worse position. Not misspacing fairs when coming down from platforms so the falco can't WD back-->punish is the biggest change I made in my game.

Don't let falco be directly beneath you on a platform obviously. If he tries too, run off-->bair (or drop through fair, bair, etc.) towards the middle often puts him in a bad position near the ledge.

I don't know how you give out so much advice KK. So much of this game comes from simply watching videos, actually comprehending them, and most importantly learning from your own gameplay and mistakes. I always made the same mistakes and never learned from them, fair off the edge >_<, and that is the case I think with most players. Which I don't mind anymore, I love punishing them.

Top Bottom