• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
No offense, but I always thought the ICs were more braindead than Sheik. I'm not saying they don't need work or anything, but sometimes, it just seems like they get some ridiculous payouts for not too much effort. That may just be from my own bitter experiences, though. I have very vivid memories of being CG'd to death by the ICs and it wasn't even wobbling. >:/

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Lmao they have incredible punishment games yea. Though I'll say I feel like I have to work kinda hard actually.

Icz to me is playing to scare your opponent, if you scare them from one thing you use something else to take advantage of it. They're sooo much fun to me.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Play IC's so you can come to MI and I can show you why sheik IC's suck. And why it doesn't. I haven't had trail practice in a while.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Yeah, graduating in May. Gen. Management degree w/ IT specialization.

Once you get those 0-death's consistent with IC's, it gets a lot easier quickly for them. It is definitely winnable for both though. IC's are just too technical for me to ever really get a good grasp on them. Just gotta stay focused on sheik.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Nice, congrats!

I was asking because I'm staying with Jungle who lives near/attends MSU as well.

And I think he has a buncha classes in the afternoon during the week I'll be there so I was gonna see if I can find people to play.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Nice, congrats!

I was asking because I'm staying with Jungle who lives near/attends MSU as well.

And I think he has a buncha classes in the afternoon during the week I'll be there so I was gonna see if I can find people to play.
Thanks of course. Not so excited to leave, but I am basically guaranteed at 50k+ job so that is a plus.

When will you be staying with Jungle? Shady and I would love to put a whoopin on you lol.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Sounds good to me - no classes means it'll be a perfect week to smash. I'll shoot you a PM with my info sometime before then.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Just got 4th at a local midwest tournament. Kels and Tink are just too good!
My nervousness in the matches I got recorded is apparent, they should be on youtube soon

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Who'd you beat jeff?
Win vs Jayford
Lose vs Frootloop
Win vs Cheato
Win vs John9blue
Win vs Oro
Lose vs Tink

So I continue m trend of losing to places 1-3.
Took Tink to last stock every match too. he even openly admitted he was scared of losing.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
How do I beat Sheiks who are better than me? There must be some general formula. Oh, btw, thanks for the Fox advice, KK? It actually helped a lot.

Hey, who here likes to play Age of Empires II?
You grab them more than they grab you.
Also don't end your combos early like I see a lot of Sheiks do.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you're playing non-CG, being able to d-throw --> dash attack on DI away at like 30% rather than doing f-tilt or w/e makes you hit twice as hard (conservative estimate; might be harder) at early percents and also makes you better at Sheik dittos without improving your thinking or spacing or... anything, really.

If all else fails, camp.

Lost to Unknown in tournament today. 1-3 in WFs, 1-3 in GFs. Beat Weon-X, but those sets were lol.

Kind of disappointed in the WFs set because I felt I just killed myself a lot. Couldn't really pin it down to much else. I suppose my combo DI could have been a lot better, but meh. One of my numerous weaknesses. Needs work, I guess. I SDI'd a bunch of up airs during the tournament (this pleased me) but then Unknown just spaced the up air like we've discussed and none of it worked (which simultaneously made me happy and sad).

Dammit Fox, you so crazy lolz.

Nair OOS continues to serve me very well. Seems like it's one of her best OOS options. I dunno why it's becoming useful again.

GFs set was interesting because it was really... slow paced. I feel that he just played a lot smarter than me and drew out a lot of knee-jerk responses. Don't want to count the number of times I just... dash attacked. For no reason. Often into his shield. Gah. I'm dumb. Kind of cool on his part though. I'm also happy I've got some stuff to work on... been kind of unsure of what I need to work on lately (despite conversations with Cactuar & Riddlebox).

Side note: Fair --> crouch is so gay to Falcon jesus christ it's stupid. Her crouch in general is stupid in that MU but shield pressuring with it removes like... all of his OOS options. And doesn't commit you. WTF. So broken. Thank you, Cactus <3

I've been thinking about my style as a whole and I'm beginning to suspect one of my biggest influences was Drephen. I'm noticing more and more I have a tendency to Drephen it up a la dash attack + evasion + down smash + grab + crouch + shield because it just seems simple enough and pretty effective against Fox & Falco. Just dodge stuff and punish the landing lag with dash attack or grab. It's not as dumb as it sounds, really.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sad to hear that you lost to Unknown today twice, he's really hard for me to play against as well and I agree that he really makes you play slower and think a lot more. I feel like if you try to rush his game he just punishes you with smart ****.

On another note I think I'm abandoning the Sheik IC's match up. I play ChuDat fairly often and it seems near impossible unless I play perfectly. Really the most annoying aspect of it is that I'm essentially reduced to running away and camping platforms the entire match which is dreadfully annoying/boring although I guess that's how most characters deal with IC's.

Pressuring with Fair/Bair only works for so long before he WD's out of shield into an uptilt/usmash and since sheik's fall speed is so slow this is actually viable when pressuring with aerials, which kinda blows my mind. Also I can't stand the fact that he can basically CG me 0-death with 1 climber. Oh, he side stepped my grab? Stock lost. I can take match's from him, (typically on dreamland) but I haven't taken a set in a long *** time and it seems like he's adapting to my style quicker than I am to his. (if you haven't played him before he's really trickier... trickier than wobbles/fly imo)

Think I'm gonna try Fox or Peach next time instead.

Also g-reg almost took a match off me today, but I still haven't lost a set to a falcon since the first Genesis. I definitely need to crouch more in that match up, I forgot about that aspect of it. Sheik is so gay to CF it has to be at least like 70/30 in her favor.

Top Bottom