• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
depends on the person, too...some people i know are really aggressive in teams, so i try to stay out of their way and let them get the kills, mostly being the supporter. i'd be watching to stop the other team from comboing my partner, and jumping in for occasional rests or edgeguards.

if it were a peach and i, i might have to get more kills to carry my weight there.

but besides telling you to go for rests and silly edgeguards often, and take care of your partner, i don't really know. canada doesn't get enough teams practice =(

GSUB

Smash Lord
What I do in teams:

-Look for grab-rests (I have my partner say "REST!" when he gets the grab... Sounds silly, but it helps SO much for us)

-When my partner is beating someone up, I look for the opponent(s) to tech, and punish with rest.

-If my partner's getting combo'ed, help him out of it.

-If my partner is near the edge, I try and back him up, or gimp the other team if they get hit off, whichever is the case.

-Play smart and space until I get a hit in and then combo from there.

-Know when to run away from a situation you can't handle, don't force anything because you don't need those extra percentages, and gotta save those stock.

-I try and be really aware of what exactly is going on, and just make good decisions from that awareness.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
if you're doubling with someone with a bad recovery, you can sometimes use pound or uair to help them recover, due to jiggs sexy recovery.
the best things about doubles is you can rest more often, because if you miss, your partner can just jab you.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Thanks for the fast replies. Another question:

When you play doubles, and it comes down to you and an opponent fighting each other on the opposite side of the stage from your partner and your other enemy, what do you do? This is assuming your partner and the enemy he's fighting aren't comboing/edgeguarding each other.

What would you do in that case if you were against a Fox/Marth (those are the hardest 1v1s for me)? I would see if my partner's back is facing the edge, or the enemy. If the enemy, I can't on the edge, and wait for something to happen to my partner and act accordingly (getting hit out, hitting the enemy out, etc.) or run to them if the person edgeguarding me left me. This a good or bad idea? If my partner's back is facing the edge, I try to help him out. Back facing edge = being pressured from the stage control.

Edit: I know too much for how much of a noob I am. I need to get more people to play ):

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I get the feeling by the questions you're asking that you just need more experience. The best way to get your questions answered IMO is to watch videos and analyze (watch over and over again) the parts where you notice someone doing something you wouldn't have done, then think over their reasons for doing that.
This way you can improve your own game by yourself, and it will help a lot more than simple questions and answers.

Even after you do that, if you want to learn about certain things, the only way to really learn it is to play people.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hey , how are you supposed to DI cfalcon's downthrow at low, mid, and high %?

Right now, I'm DIing up at low/mid since I feel that he's always going to land an aerial no matter what. At higher, I DI away so I can try to rest the knee.

What about you guys?

GSUB

Smash Lord

Right now, I'm DIing up at low/mid since I feel that he's always going to land an aerial no matter what. At higher, I DI away so I can try to rest the knee.

What about you guys?
I switch it up.
Let's say, at low percents, I'll always DI far away, so that when I'm at a high percent, he'll think he's figured me out, and he'll think that I'm going to DI away, so I DI up.

Or vice versa.
Up THEN away

:]

dudutsai

Smash Lord
If you don't DI Falcon's dthrow that's the worst.You have two extreme choices: DI down and away or DI up and towards.

If you go down and away it forces falcon to run, while if you go up and towards, 80% of the falcon players who start running will not react in time to get the second hit. It's kinda like 50-50, but keep in mind that if you DI down and away and Falcon DOES land the first knee, it is possible for him to land a second or (and if your DI is bad) third knee.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Hungrybox's avatar looks more like a Wigglytuff than a Jigglypuff to me. I'm not sure how I feel about this betrayal.

idea

Smash Master

What about you guys?
yeah, i generally DI it that way too. he can usually get you either way, so you sometimes just have to guess, but when in doubt i usually survival DI it. more awkward for the falcon to hit you.

also, if you DI away and he hits you, you are closer to the edge than if you had DIed up and toward. (you're also higher up, but meh, that's less of a problem)

crouch falcon's grab
a lot
so you dont have to deal with its DI
if you are crouching next to his shield
do random uptilts
uptilting a falcon
is like being able to eat all the ice cream you want
without worrying about getting fat
uptilting falcon is hilarious. and watching him try to deal with pancake puff.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Idea, what did you think of Max? Max as in BlurR. I'm at the same level as him, so that gives you an idea of where I am.

And to resume on-topic, what are the differences from fighting YLink and Link? And also, how do you fight Doc? I had some trouble vs Doc today.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Idea, what did you think of Max? Max as in BlurR. I'm at the same level as him, so that gives you an idea of where I am.
Sorry to make it sound like that, I guess my response came out wrong. No disrespect. I just felt like sometimes the questions you ask are too general to have a response that won't take at least a few pages or so to answer.

And nobody will answer those kinds of questions cause they're all too lazy :laugh:

GSUB

Smash Lord
Hmmm... Doc...

I have a bit of experience on him...

What I remember of it, u'tilt ***** when it hit him, nair a lot cause it breaks through pills, and I remember a lot of backairs on my part... And figure out what moves are NOT okay to exchange with.... To edgeguard, jump off stage and just fair him once, then he's dead.

idea

Smash Master

And to resume on-topic, what are the differences from fighting YLink and Link? And also, how do you fight Doc? I had some trouble vs Doc today.
doc-jiggs is pretty boring. mostly it's bair and avoid pills. and...fair when you get bored of bair. i don't really know any specifics cause i've only ever played desh's doc in tournament, but i understand it to be mostly a spacing war + avoiding pills. if you can get an early rest (falling upair) that helps a lot too.

oh, and i couldn't tell, i only played him two or three times. i'm bad at judging people's skill anyway.

Hmmm... Doc...

I have a bit of experience on him...

What I remember of it, u'tilt ***** when it hit him, nair a lot cause it breaks through pills, and I remember a lot of backairs on my part... And figure out what moves are NOT okay to exchange with.... To edgeguard, jump off stage and just fair him once, then he's dead.
oh, that too. nair is good at beating projectiles, and doc's recovery sucks.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Instead of fairing his recovery, i prefer nair cos the doc invariably just capes my fair but if he capes my nair, he's gonna get hit anyway so its all cool.
either that or just mindgame him to use his cape then get him, both work, but dont just rush in and fair.
Onstage, bairspam and nairspam works, just beat out those projectiles and put him under pressure. And watch those fairs, learn the starting animation for it so you can react to it asap. And dont get grabbed

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
doc is freakin hard if you are jiggs. his nair ***** jiggs so hard. and pills are the devils creation they have no medicinal purpose and just lead to a fair. and if anything doc is just very frustrating and you should just go falco as mango would say. and i dont know if there is any king vs bob$ vids but king always ***** doc so watch those if they exist

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
So I'm trying more to tech chase --> rest with jiggs.

I have trouble getting them when I tech away from me; it seems that I can only punish people that go towards me or just tech in place.

Is there anything i can do to get them when they roll away (not on a platform, but on the main stage) besides try and dash attack?

idea

Smash Master
yeah, jiggs is slow. tech chase rest sort of requires them to tech the bad way.

i dunno what i do exactly, but over time i started kind of...wavedashing around and jumping to throw them off. sometimes it makes them roll in such a way that i can rest them out of it. or fair, more likely.

the best example for that is when they're at the edge and you try to make them roll toward you, without ever moving far enough away from that spot that you can't get back in time.

when they roll away...you sort of have to predict them. in theory, rolling away is usually safe against jiggs, since she can't catch them. but if you guess correctly, you can follow them and fair or something. so you have to do that enough times that they start rolling behind occasionally, that that feels safer for them.

most characters have to learn that pressuring thing much earlier, but jiggs is dumb =P

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I get grabbed WAY too much. CF and sometimes Marth and Doc being the biggest problems in this area. What am I doing wrong? Shielding too much? I've heard a lot here about ducking certain character's grabs but it usually just gets me kneed or fsmashed after they notice. ><

Bad days of smash are frustrating.

GSUB

Smash Lord
So I'm trying more to tech chase --> rest with jiggs.

I have trouble getting them when I tech away from me; it seems that I can only punish people that go towards me or just tech in place.

Is there anything i can do to get them when they roll away (not on a platform, but on the main stage) besides try and dash attack?
If you know they're going to tech away, pound tends to work.

I get grabbed WAY too much. CF and sometimes Marth and Doc being the biggest problems in this area. What am I doing wrong? Shielding too much? I've heard a lot here about ducking certain character's grabs but it usually just gets me kneed or fsmashed after they notice. ><

Duck, and if you see the knee or fsmash coming, spot-dodge (or put up your shield, then punish OoS)
If they start kneeing or fsmashing instead of grabbing to counter your crouch, mix it up with shield, then punish by doing something out-of-shield.

dudutsai

Smash Lord

You can duck Falcon's grabs, and when I know Marth is going to go for a grab it's the only time I nair against him, but it works pretty well for me.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
NOTE:

DO NOT try to rest Doctor Mario. It is almost always NEVER worth it.

Reverse nair is your best approach.

Avoid pills/attack through them.

Nair off the stage (or fair, maybe its better) and collide with his Up-B when he is recovering - done low enough will promise you the best trade you can get in that matchup - your 5% for his death. :D

Doc is deadly. BE CAREFUL: PLAY GAY AS **** - YOU'RE ALLOWED TO.

Doctor Mario....sigh....is the only character that can kill a resting Jiggs FROM 0 PERCENT. EVEN WITH PROPER DI. DO NOT **** WITH THE DOC.

i love pancakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom