• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
you should sig the ice cream part
Consider it done.

You can duck Falcon's grabs, and when I know Marth is going to go for a grab it's the only time I nair against him, but it works pretty well for me.
Duck, and if you see the knee or fsmash coming, spot-dodge (or put up your shield, then punish OoS)
If they start kneeing or fsmashing instead of grabbing to counter your crouch, mix it up with shield, then punish by doing something out-of-shield.
Thanks for the advice guys. You're all way too good.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I dunno, I went from total scrub to being able to compete with the top guys pretty well in UK in about 8 months, which aint much compared to how long them guys have been playing.

I guess it took a while to get past the stage where you just spam fair and bair...

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey I wanted to ask a question for my jiggs friend. when i off main sheik I feel like he can't shield at all because it is useless and pins him for fair to jab/dtilt/ftilt. Can jiggs CC any of these to rest safely? what about fsmash or grab (i know grab would work on jab but not the others). The problem of course is that he tends to jump out after my fair; as a jiggs main how do you typically play from shield?

Thanks for the help. Also what are jiggs options against bair? is pound the only safe way to break it or is it better to just apply pressure after baiting a bair even though you don't technically close enough to punish them?

Tamoo

Smash Master
jiggs has a rediculously easy time finding rests against shiek. jiggs can crouch under shieks jab, grab, and i believe ftilt in order to rest, though i may be wrong bout ftilt. If that fails, you can atleast cc it, as with dtilt, dashattack, fsmash in order to get the rest off. Percent dependant ofc.
Oos, i generally either shnair, or wavedash back, or even just a simple roll to avoid pressure does the trick.
With shieks bair, the bloody disjoint screws jiggs up, so i just tend to wait out of range and just punish, but its pretty hard, I just try to get as close as possible to shiek to apply the pressure.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
uptilt next to her shield.

or just crouch up and down and MINDGAME THE TRASH Out of them

cc rest works on shiek's:

grab
jab
uptilt
needle
chain
dash attack (lowish %)
dtilt (low %)
s tilt (low %)

so yeah.

btw: imo, shiek is one of the easiest chars to utilt rest.

Tamoo: you have 1234 posts. :3

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I got a triple uptilt to rest on a sheik last weekend. shes so easy to uptilt rest.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
uptilt followed by rest.

repeat until it says "GAME!".

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
dunno what are the rules in us, but in europe, jungle japes is still a counterpick stage... how good is puff on this stage? a friend of mine (fox and falco player) likes to counterpick it.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Ocean said:
I got a triple uptilt to rest on a sheik last weekend. shes so easy to uptilt rest.
uptilt followed by rest.

repeat until it says "GAME!".
I'm a sheik main and my twin mains the puff. And I can attest that you can rest her out of almost everything. Plus she combos pretty easily into rest (uairs raaaape her at low percents). Stupid puff mains >.<

haha kidding the <3 is there

Tamoo

Smash Master
dunno what are the rules in us, but in europe, jungle japes is still a counterpick stage... how good is puff on this stage? a friend of mine (fox and falco player) likes to counterpick it.
I wish i lived where you live in europe lol, over here in england, its pretty much banned.#

It is an amazing jiggs stage, my favourite by far, massive blastzones mean survivability, very easy gimps cos of the water, you may get outcamped by fox or falco though so you gotta play it smart.
One thing that may work at lower levels is a backthrow on the bottom platform near the edge will make them hit the side platform and bounce in the water. They can tech this though so predict a tech and chase with a fair or something, its like a free kill.

idea

Smash Master
pretty sure jungle japes is good for defensive jigglypuff. i don't have much practice there, but in theory, you could wait in the middle and avoid spacies' projectiles. and the uneven floor might screw some people up. also, high ceiling. i don't like it personally, though.

^ haha, i typed that out thinking it was kongo 64, but all of that still applies.

as for sheik-puff, as far as i can tell...

sheik - bair, needles, making jiggs shield, patience
puff - aerials, upair/tilt, edgeguarding, patience

if the match doesn't take 5 minutes, one of you might not be doing it right =P

Tamoo

Smash Master
Any of you jiggs players canadian?

Your fellow sanuzi came over recently, got to play him in losers semi or sumthing, pretty close, so many banned stages were played lol

Anyway, my two counterpicks were jungle japes and kongo 64, and i won on both, its def a **** jiggs stage if you get to know them well enough, particularly japes, Dk loves jiggs too much for some reason

idea

Smash Master
Any of you jiggs players canadian?

Your fellow sanuzi came over recently, got to play him in losers semi or sumthing, pretty close, so many banned stages were played lol

Anyway, my two counterpicks were jungle japes and kongo 64, and i won on both, its def a **** jiggs stage if you get to know them well enough, particularly japes, Dk loves jiggs too much for some reason
i'm canadian and also know sanuzi. i can't remember when he picked up peach but it was pretty recently. he used to play fox and falco most of the time. i like his peach, it's pretty cool. he'll probably still go fox on me in tourney, though :ohwell:

as long as they dont have a projectile lol

jiggs is sooo campy

And yes, take opponents to the lhs, stage usage right there
why? doesn't the barrel go just as far out on both sides? or is it something else...

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
does anyone else believe that jiggs counters ic's??? i'm starting to think that jiggs ***** ic's. the biggest asset that ic's have is the ooshield junk, and i really think jiggs shuts down that options. plus puff's fsmash is **** on ic's. so is pound

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah sanuzi is pretty ****, I think our match together got the most hype in the tournament he just came to, jiggs fox on green greens final match and i missed an uthrow rest to win lol, good times.

Also, idea, i think youre thinking about dk64, japes is the one with the water lol

And yeah, jiggs is fairly decent against IC, no 0-death combos, very hard to grab, pound separates them, and nana is very easy to wop

idea

Smash Master
i know, i figured it out after i'd typed that, but i left it the same since what i said seems to apply to both.

i don't like ics <_< there are two of them. but i only don't like them 'cause they're weird. probably an okay matchup.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
You just have to do what everyone else does against them and camp.
Having only played two or three ICs players ever, I have done pretty well against them. It's really nice cause you can edge and platform camp them like crazy.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, I just picked up Puff as a secondary(maybe sooner or later, MAIN!?) while Falcon is still my main(with a plethora of uphill battles it seems xP). Anyways, the Marth matchup, is it just purely spacing? Any neat % stuffs or combos Puff should be able to do? It seems pound combats Marth's sword extremely well from my matches with my Marth friend...

Also, what would make a good team partner for Jiggs? I'd assume Shieks, Fox's, and Falcons would be my best bet while staying away from Marth as much as possible? Asking this because I think Jiggs would do a crapload better than Falcon in doubles for me because I get edgeguarded like a fool as Falcon usually >_<

Thanks a ton if you can help little ol' me out =D!!!

Tamoo

Smash Master
with marth, shielding is ****, running into his range and forcing him to either attack or retreat. Attack and jump out of your shield and get him, retreat and just repeat.
I dont personally like pound vs marth, too slow imo and he can just retreat fair to counter it.
Jiggs partners quite a lot of characters, although id personally stay away from marth and falcon. My favourites are fox and peach, fox for the **** and peach for the gay.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Running and shielding only works if they don't love grabs. Grabs make things easier for Marths in this matchup. Correct me if I'm wrong (its likely that I am).

And Fox/Peach are generally good partners for everyone.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Marth has multiple styles he can take. Many high level Marth players will use fair a lot because that owns puff's spacing, but if you shield too much, any good Marth will adapt and start spamming grab. A lot of the matchup revolves around knowing when the grab is coming.
All of Marth's kills will likely be from his fsmash, and it's easiest to land it from a grab, but you do need to watch out for the random fsmashes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom