• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Pound, USmash on fast fallers work most of the time. Uair through a platform, Bair (on the way up you poke their shield, on the way down you poke their shield. if you manage to hit them on the way up, or down, instead of keep on hitting him with bair you can jab reset rest), Nair, Dash attack. They're all very realistic and happens a lot.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
jc grab foxes running at you

shffl uair is godly for jab resets

when playing peach always go for an early rest since she can't kill you or barely hurt you, plus sh'es easy to rest - nair rest or uptilt is sexy

jjfox: when you play long enough or know the matchups well enough you can play subconsciosly

i played a match once and all i thought about was "what should i do tomorrow" i paid no attention to the match. Your eyes are still watching the screen and your hands already know what to do

muscle memory = helps spacing A BUNCH

stingers

Smash Obsessed
alright...i want to know what you guys think of my puff...it's not good so thats why im postin the vids...cuz I know I do a lot of dumb stuff but you guys can help =)

ill post the last match in every set...cuz theres no reason to watch a whole set of 2 ****ty ppl runnin around missin each other right? @.@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr0Jh-JlP04 - vs ganon (pretty good)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbO9VozHQsY - vs fox (LMAO dont bother)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJPWYyrRvw - vs falcon (eh)

so...help plz? jiggs boards dont fail me :D

Tamoo

Smash Master
stingers: one thing that i kept on seeing is that you always just approached with fair and went straight through him everytime. You're not really using the arial mobility jiggs is gifted with. The beauty of jiggs is that you can probe by weaving in and out until you connect with a move and then go from there.

Also, I personally find it safer to come back on stage from the edge hanging position facing backwards, hbox style :) Imo, coming back on with bair is much safer and less punishable

idea

Smash Master
it's really, really easy to rest dk...just be careful you're not at too high a percent since he's so strong. i haven't played any pro dks in tourney so i'm not sure if it's generally better to pressure or camp them. you can combo him pretty hard, though...

doc and young link...spam bair and avoid the projectiles, basically.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
my friend wants to know whether it is necessary to use cstick for aerials as jiggs.

I'm trying to convince him to claw, but he argues that mango doesn't use the claw. Is this true?
BUt yeah, what do you think of the advantages/da of clawing vs regular control stick vs cstick.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
clawing is just a style, if he doesn't like it he doesn't need to learn it.
same thing with aerials. I switch off between a and cstick depending on whatever... but I know that top players are not at all confined to one style of micro

I heard that clawing is useful for more delicate characters like fox?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
uhhhh for my puff u airs

anddd fsmashes / up smashes / down smashes

i dont like 2 use it with ne of my other characters cept for my smashes

idea

Smash Master
my friend wants to know whether it is necessary to use cstick for aerials as jiggs.

I'm trying to convince him to claw, but he argues that mango doesn't use the claw. Is this true?
BUt yeah, what do you think of the advantages/da of clawing vs regular control stick vs cstick.
why would you claw with jiggs? claw is normally to make lots of button inputs easier by adding an extra finger. this is not a problem with jiggs <_<

not that you shouldn't, just it's really not something important to teach people if they're not already more comfortable with it.

uhhhh for my puff u airs

anddd fsmashes / up smashes / down smashes

i dont like 2 use it with ne of my other characters cept for my smashes
yeah, same. and...falling dairs. for when i am trying to recover trickily =P

dudutsai

Smash Lord
To Mango, Hungrybox, anyone else that does this, I just found out about relatively recently...

Which matchups do you suggest using random WD backwards against? All of them or just space animals?

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Against Spacies, I find it easier to WD OoS backwards. It lures them more, and you're going to be using an Aerial OoS or Rest anyway, so from my little experience, the shielding helps you more than it hinders your mobility.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Hey Mango, should I take a pic of me in a tank top so you can judge my Jigglypuff skills?

I'm totally copying whatever you wear for pound.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
No, I mean SA frames.

She took damage but no knockback from a rest. About midway through the rest.

Go play 1 hour and 3 minutes, 99 stock, Temple, Cave of Life, Jigglypuff, Rest as the only attack, teching the stage to live. You'll probably have it happen 5-10 times.

I already know about the invincibility frames on startup.

EDIT:
Assume I know what I'm talking about unless I'm just sounding like a moron. ;) lol

idea

Smash Master

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I looked different at Mass Madness that one time

I'm always changing my appearance because I'm bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom