• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive

Smash Champion
I just switch up my DI based on low and high percent, to throw them off, so that when I'm at high percent, they'll think I'm gonna go the I usually do way (DI up at low percent = free knee for them, possibly double knee)
I usually play the change-up DI and try to throw them off. I was just confirming that there is, in fact, no magic DI that will get you out of his zone-of-knee range.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
clink? like cancelling out? shouldnt happen. unless u mean them missing cause ur in invincible frames. if thats the case, then u're resting earlier than his knee, then u can absolutely do the rest during his knee.

and i've done it to a player (who secondary's falcon) who 2-0'd scar in pools a while back. (hes a good player lol)

sooo good players, harder to pull off but if u know u're gonna get hit by the knee and die, its worth the try lol.

if theres any way u can figure out to DI between a short hop space and a full jump space, that would be the best.

Massive

Smash Champion
clink? like cancelling out? shouldnt happen. unless u mean them missing cause ur in invincible frames. if thats the case, then u're resting earlier than his knee, then u can absolutely do the rest during his knee.
Do you have video of this or something? I'm having trouble visualizing this when I'm not even out of tumble frames. Are you shaking out or what?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ill see if i can find a video for u when i get home.

im at work atm and they block youtube.

its basically ur hitstun from the dthrow should end at the last second or even millisecond, and ur rest comes out on frame 1 so its really fast.

u dont shake out, u just watch falcon and right when u're going to get hit, u hit down+b.

sometimes really good falcons time the knee very well, so their knee will actually hit u before ur hitstun will end. but regardless, if u're going to get hit and die from the knee, its worth the try to time the down+b.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i couldnt find the vid that i faintly recalled a long time ago.

but there is a vid of resting out of fox's uthrow uair. i think thats a lot harder to do though.

hbox, have u ever rested a falcon out of dthrow knee?

i've done it lots, but i guess people are thinking it wont work against good falcons.

idea

Smash Master
it's harder to do cause it's harder for fox to screw up that badly.

the one with falcon seems more legit, in cases where you know you wouldn't have the chance to get anything else off in time. maybe i'll have to start trying that on people and see how it goes.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u should cause its awesome.

if they dont know about it, they'll give the biggest WTF expression ever. its hilarious.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i've done rest out of knee, but i'm pretty sure the falcon has to screw up bad

puffpuff

Smash Rookie
You can always nair -> rest if they mess up the DI on the nair. And yeah, I've rested out of a knee a couple of times, the last time I did it there was massive lulz.

idea

Smash Master
Whats the best option for attacking out of my shield? (other than mango **** of course :p) i usually nair as a gtfo move but i see alot of ppl bair instead :\
wd out of shield is good. from there you can use bair, or just get away from the shield pressure. nair is alright sometimes...upsmash out of shield is pretty fast.

if they keep attacking and end up in front of your shield, but you don't want to risk a grab, you could try things like retreating fairs (easier with c-stick). or retreating nair would sort of work there too.

a lot of the time, if they aren't grabbing a lot, i just kind of wait, and an opportunity presents itself =P

Queen B

Smash Rookie
Lol spam DAC and rollout and youve mastered brawl XD alright u guys are right wd out is a great option (just tested it out on my bud) when you guys are doing like full hop double bair do you use the c stick or a? I might just be slow but i seem to either barely get the second bair or miss it when i use the c stick. Idk like i guess what im asking is when to us a for aerials and when to use c stick.

idea

Smash Master
depends, sometimes A feels more comfortable, sometimes c-stick. if i imagine it...maybe i use c-stick for the second aerial sometimes so i can space it more easily?

overall though, jiggs is not technical at all, so play around and figure out what feels most comfortable.

also make sure you can fastfall + l-cancel aerials. that might seem like an odd thing to have to tell someone but it's kind of unnatural with jigglypuff =P a lot of her game is being floaty and leaving hitboxes out for a while so it makes sense to not learn that as quickly as spacies mains, for instance. but it makes a big difference.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Whats ur guys favorite combo? On spaceysat 0%, mines Uthrow, Uair, Uthrow, Uair, Uthrow Rest. =P

GSUB

Smash Lord
No, I didn't miss it.
The first upair from the 0% throw can work if you time the upair right.
the second one....
No...
you can possibly continue comboing before they jump out, but not grab before they jump out.

GSUB

Smash Lord
There you go :D <3

(you have to do the upair a BIT late after the upthrow and then fastfall l-cancel it, so that there is enough hitstun to grab them)

On Falcon, my best combo was like...
nair to grab, forgot what throw, to tech chase with super fast shhfl'd Upair - shffl'd uair -> shffl'd upair -> shffl'd upair -> Fullhop and forward DI to rest.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lol, yea i know about that =P, but i sware i've done the Uthrow to Uair to Uthrow to Uair to Rest before, but i guess thats not an official combo. u sure that if they DI a direction after the second Uthrow they can still jump? I know that if they don't DI, they can jump.

idea

Smash Master
i dunno, stuff with dairs and techchasing.

(if you do two upthrows and two upairs that should all combo...but yeah, a third upthrow seems unlikely)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I don't even remember now, i'm just gonna leave it at uthrow to uair to uthrow to rest lol. <<<< thats the best jiggs combo in the world.

GSUB

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^^^^ that JUST happened....
lol

ummm.. my favorite on fox was on Battlefield.
at like... 0%

Upthrow > Uair > Regrab > Uthrow > Pound to the right > they land on left platform and tech > pound to the left > they DI to the left (making them go straight up) > Upsmash > Rest

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
downthrow to rest is the best combo in the game, don't deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom