• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY 3! Results are up! Thanks to all who came out.

soap

Smash Hero
Is ally coming?

also what the **** exactly do i need at the border?

last time i had nothing besides a drivers license and a school ID, and this border lady wanted to search my *******.

what's the official site i need to look at?

Is a birth certificate fine for now?

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone posted the link somewhere else, but I think I remember reading that you can cross by ground with just a license or birth certificate until sometime early June/July this year, after which you will need a passport.

Maybe that person will post it again... :/

soap

Smash Hero
Someone posted the link somewhere else, but I think I remember reading that you can cross by ground with just a license or birth certificate until sometime early June/July this year, after which you will need a passport.

Maybe that person will post it again... :/
the us embassy site i just looked at said passport or BOTH birth certificate and ID.

after june 1, everyone needs a passport.

i had my passport renewed last year, but i have no idea where it is. I have my birth certificate and license for sure though. Im making sure everyone else is ready too.

this thing is in 2 weeks god deezy.

soap

Smash Hero
so if one of the people in the car is under 18 the embassy said that u need a letter from both parents with phone numbers and everything on there verifying they have permission and stuff as well as the numbers of the people we are staying at.

We proly wont stay for housing, but if we DID can they give me their contact info for me to put on the letter, as well as your real names and stuff.

I got spooked last time, that lady was tooo serious, i dont want any holdups at the border.

Any under age smashers travelling without their parents have any experience with this, Do they really grill u n stuff?

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any under age smashers travelling without their parents have any experience with this, Do they really grill u n stuff?
When I went to FC, I don't remember if they actually checked (they probably did), but it was pretty easy. I took a bus, so it was like: everyone off, did our ****, got back on, then that was it.

4% APR

Smash Champion
If soapy is willing to drive me, I will definitely be at this. :) :) :)

and i'll mm some people with whoever I want to play at the time

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I'M SORRY, I JUST GOT BACK TO CANADA

Anyway yeah, sorry for the long silence. I'm not gonna have specific signups lists right now, since not only are people not posting what they're entering half the time anyway, but they are LITERALLY USELESS, since it all changes at the tournament date anyway.

IN OTHER NEWS

I'm very happy to hear that American players are coming to this :D I'm looking forward to having you guys here. Same with all the new players.

Two weeks, people. Let's keep the setups coming.

EDIT: STAFF VOLUNTEERS ARE APPRECIATED.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Hey Grmo, my brother and I are for sure coming to this tournament. We are both going to be playing brawl singles.

soap

Smash Hero

SRTM

Smash Ace
ah this is sounding so good.
I'm going to this. Pho will probably go too.

edit: i can probably bring a wii + brawl.

Watty

Smash Lord
so yea im looking at ur events and stuff trying to see if its worth the massive drive that would need to be taken, and because I dont know alot of Canadian smashers I am not trying to disrepect anyone when I ask this stuff, and some1 might of answered it but I am not gonna read through this looking so if you could answer my shiznit id appreciate it.

K like I said me and drephen and a few other might wanna come to this I have the time off so thats not the issue, , Im curious on what u guys are thinking turnout wise, and on top of that I do not see how u possibly plan on doing 4 events two of which with singles pools plus a bracket in a day.

and if i could get some info on housing for lets say 5 to be safe thatd be great 2.

idea

Smash Master
I'm really excited for this. I've never been out of the country before
get some milk in bags =D why do we have those anyway? who needs two formats of milk? i'd never really questioned it before.

what else do we have...oh, our money is cool. it's colourful, and has pictures of stuff like hockey on it. when i went to the US for the first time, one of the first things i noticed was that the money sucks. i'm so used to glancing at my wallet and knowing just by colours exactly how much i have.

fast food is way cheaper over there, though, even when you get more of it.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
(Watty) There originally weren't going to be any pools but then everyone complained about it and now they're on. Regardless, we've done this several times before with a couple hours to spare, so I predict no time problems. If worst comes to worst, we'll finish brackets at the smashfest at Grmo's house after the tournament. Wait, I checked the OP again, and there aren't any pools whatsoever. Problem solved before it existed. :p Huh, it mentions both. Dunno.

Turnout-wise; well, check the OP. There's over 60 people at the moment.

EDIT: Grmo, I'm almost definitely bringing a recording setup, so mark me down. It will require a TV with composite input.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
dude, don't scare me like that X_X 2 weeks is not a couple of days.

do you know how we're getting to this by the way?
lmfao sorry haha.

um im gonna ask my dad tomorrow if he can drive a bunch of us to the tourney. Though we

have to bus are way back.

idea

Smash Master
lmfao sorry haha.

um im gonna ask my dad tomorrow if he can drive a bunch of us to the tourney. Though we

have to bus are way back.
alright, please include me in your car if there's any space =)

otherwise, tell me if you hear of any busing plans. and if not on the boards, then could you email me? (since i'm not on msn much)

idea

Smash Master
Kyle, I'm taking the bus to Grmo's.
why not driving? i can't see you opting to spend more money. but if you're sure about it i'll probably bus up with you then...i'm sure someone else would be less willing to bus rather than take my spot in the hypothetical car than i am.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I may not be able to bring my Wii or Gamecube. The stupid bus is a school bus or something and they don't allow anything that won't fit on my lap, and I gotta bring clothes and stuff too. We'll see.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
so yea im looking at ur events and stuff trying to see if its worth the massive drive that would need to be taken, and because I dont know alot of Canadian smashers I am not trying to disrepect anyone when I ask this stuff, and some1 might of answered it but I am not gonna read through this looking so if you could answer my shiznit id appreciate it.

K like I said me and drephen and a few other might wanna come to this I have the time off so thats not the issue, , Im curious on what u guys are thinking turnout wise, and on top of that I do not see how u possibly plan on doing 4 events two of which with singles pools plus a bracket in a day.

and if i could get some info on housing for lets say 5 to be safe thatd be great 2.
It'll work out because I'm hosting it :flame:

Alright, seriously: it's basically just as Jeffman says; we've done it before, and it's never gone wrong. I didn't win best host in Eastern Canada for no reason :D

Anyway, housing. My house isn't too big, so I don't know if you guys would be able to stay there, since it's pretty full already, but I'll see. Sanuzi is also housing, so he should be able to house you if I can't. Add me on msn messenger or something (likms_300@hotmail.com) and we can talk about it.

The turnout for this is going to be big, NY itself is gonna bring like 10~ ppl.
oh **** 10? rofl. Alright, that pushes the list up quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if we had 80-90 people at this thing.

Looks like I may not be able to bring my Wii or Gamecube. The stupid bus is a school bus or something and they don't allow anything that won't fit on my lap, and I gotta bring clothes and stuff too. We'll see.
haghogs, alright. btw we need to talk about where we're gonna pick you up.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting a ride with my mom straight to the venue because she happens to be going to Toronto that day. I should be there by noon. On Sunday, do you think you can give me a lift to Square One by 7:15 PM? If not then I can just gat on tha bas.

soap

Smash Hero

lol watty is goin fox hunting up north

The turnout for this is going to be big, NY itself is gonna bring like 10~ ppl.
cool, ive never really played NY guys either, or pretty much anyone east of MD/VA for that matter.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I can house quite a bit of people, but I CANNOT get everyone housed with me to the venue. You need to have your own way of getting there, and then we'll be good.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'm gonna repeat, things would be fantastic for me if I could just hang somewhere the night after. Gonna get a ride, but it's easier on my folks if they don't have to ride up in the middle of the night, y'know?

And deciphering fricking intercity buses that late... I can't do it. I want to play it safe on just my second tournament.

Probability is increasing that I can bring a Cube. Although, I am harrowed by the fact that someone's Cube (and I think Melee) disappeared at my first tourney. What kind of assurances do I have against that sort of thing, grmo? HMMMM?

SRTM

Smash Ace
you spelt my name on the list wrong GRMO :p

I know at least another 2 ppl that are going as wel, i'll let you know later.

If brawl is starting at 6... it wont end till real late...

Top Bottom