• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am hosting a tournament in about 10 or so days and I would like to know more about Jungle Japes. I have been thinking that the stage might not be good to keep legal after all. The Klap Trap has decided the match in favor of the worse player a lot of times and stages layout allows for some really really strong camping and so on.
So what should I do?

Host it anyways, but try to educate them more on the stage and what to do. The stage is seriously not that bad, and camping can usually be overcome. The stage does a lot to keep players alive, but it also does a lot to kill them faster.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's always been legal here. It's just that many matches have seen very early kill from an Klap Trap that just happened to jump in the exact time the other guy was there and BAM the better player just lost.
There should be a reason why it's banned almost everywhere.

It's always been legal here. It's just that many matches have seen very early kill from the claw in Halberd that just happened to jump in the exact time the other guy was there and BAM the better player just lost.
Modified for Halberd.

It's always been legal here. It's just that many matches have seen very early kill from the stage that just happened to flip in the exact time the other guy was there and BAM the better player just lost.
Modified for Frigate Orpheon.

It's always been legal here. It's just that many matches have seen very early kill from the platform that just happened to jump in the exact time the other guy was using PK Thunder to recover there and BAM the better player just lost.
Modified for Smashville and Yoshi's Island Brawl.

It sucks that these sort of things happen, yeah, but that's the game. Gimps happen. Early kills happen. If they're going to complain about Japes, they better be complaining about the things above.

Yikarur

Smash Master
it's not random itself, but in the heat of the fight someone can easily get caught by it and the killpower it has is far so extreme :/

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ kinda like how you can accidentally fast fall air dodge off the stage in the heat of the fight and die at 0%?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yes. Just tell everybody that the Klap Trap appears under the right platform when the seconds on the timer hit 7. Then later on into the match (like 4 minutes in), it appear when the seconds hit 6.

Tesh pointed this out one day and I was like OMG LEGALIZE JAPES

<3 Tesh

BSP

Smash Legend
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

What were the opinions/are on Apex's stagelist?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Rule #38: We do not talk about Apex stagelist.
Strife got his reasons to make it that short. Right or wrong, it's "fine" because most people (contestants) are okay with it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Shout-outs to Japanese sucking *** on Halberd. I mean, the first one he got outplayed, but the second bomb was straight shameful.

:phone:

I think I can almost confirm a pattern on Norfair now.

I will tell you guys the pattern now. The pattern is that when the hazards---

*gets killed by the URC*

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just, who gets hit by Claw really? In Japes, the Klap Trap almost always kills at least once. Also if you just spike someone in the water at the right moment, it's a free stock a little too easily imo.
No one decent dies to Frigate Flips or Halberd stuff to be a problem and the stages are perfectly fine anyways. Japes offers incredible camping positions for example DK who spams upB in the water to be almost unapproachable by certain characters and stuff.

I guess you have a point on frequency, although personally, I would be a hard-*** and tell them to stop complaining and just play.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
People don't complain, like, at all. It's just the results that show Klap Trap is a huge deciding factor for who wins the match in that stage all the time.

T-block

B2B TST
not sure if you're being serious, lzr. do you still support pictochat then?

that halberd match was unfortunate, but we have to remember that the japanese don't really play on anything more radical than smashville, and much of their experience with stages like halberd comes only from practising for overseas tournaments.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, I support Pictochat.
Japes feels a lot more... Powerful...
Get the lead, go to one of the platforms and dodge their whatever or just simply jump to the other platform is really powerful. Especially if you forget about the Klap Trap even for a second, you might get yourself killed. :(

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Look out guys, if you forget about Warlock punch for 1 1/6 second you might die!

Ban Ganondorf!

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
As a player it's your job to pay attention toeverything... if you lose tra k of the klaptrap (which runs on a timer, for pete's sake!), you deserve to die.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Let's give the same argument about the cars in PTAD then. They are a lot easier to avoid too.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
You don't even have to think to dodge the cars on PTAD
/Idk I'm just amazing and always know when they're coming, not even joking.

After playing on the stage so many times, it really IS easy to just figure out when they'll appear. No thought required, it's the same thing over and over.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
If a hazard hasany predictability, itis your job to avoid it. If it is completely random but not match-skewing, it is your job to react accodrdingly

BSP

Smash Legend
Well, just so you know, the japanese had much better control of their characters compared to the U.S. players. They pretty much wrecked shop.

Where do we get the fundamentals from? The starters, a.k.a. non janky stages. At this point, I think fundamentals > stage knowledge, and the Japanese showed that.

Just watch nietono play olimar. We've got to step our game up.

And Ocean beat M2K. ROB beat MK, and that's supposed to be one of his worst MUs.

zmx said it well IMO, we're so focused on the CP'ing system, that we neglect to get the basics and most important skills like character control down.

IDK exactly how conservative I'll go, but I don't think I'll be able to support PS2, Rainbow, and Brinstar anymore :urg: They detract focus from the fundamentals.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
>Implying you can't learn fundamentals on your own.

Once you learn fundamentals, adaptation is extremely easy.
I mean, did you watch Brood adapting amazingly well to Rainbow Cruise on APEX2010?
Did you watch Nietono adapting amazinlgy well to Orpheon on the latest one (he don't even striked it, he's THAT confident)?

tl;dr no johns

Top Bottom