• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Did someone... say something... about someone playing Captain Falcon?

I thought you guys had learned, but it looks like we're gonna hafta go back to school.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Did someone... say something... about someone playing Captain Falcon?

I thought you guys had learned, but it looks like we're gonna hafta go back to school.
lol me and legan play falcon dittos way too much for some reason. We're both gonna pwn yo nub *** when you come back.

MIRITECORY?!?!?!?!

Oh wait he disappeared :(

Also: Steven please.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ahahahahaha... hahahaha... ha...

No, seriously, let's make it $5. $10. $20!

Nuris

Smash Lord
All Kyle does in Falcon dittos is wait for you to do something and then grab you.

TP

Smash Master
Grabbing Falcon is like grabbing Jesus: it sounds good on paper but then you get struck by lightning and die in an explosion.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Grabbing Falcon is like grabbing Jesus: it sounds good on paper but then you get struck by lightning and die in an explosion.
What if you were grabbing Jesus for a loving embrace? Based on what I know of his teachings that would be a good thing. You need to cover your bases before you start speaking for Jesus.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
All Kyle does in Falcon dittos is wait for you to do something and then grab you.
That only works against bad, aggressive Falcons who just think "I'm gonna do moves and hit him!" Which is how lots of people play Falcon.

Against people who actually try to play defensive, I like u-tillting spot-dodges, boosted u-smash approaches, side-B to jab against shields after they whiff the shield grab, and the odd pivot grab. Pivot grabs are great because the moment you do one, you know they are going to try to pivot grab you back in the next five seconds, lol.

But yeah, Falcon requires an environment where his opponent's options are constricted to do his magic. (That's why he's so terrible in Brawl, despite being almost the exact same character...) His f-throw and d-throw are really good at limiting the options available to the other player...

Alright, how about, 2 dollar entry, winner takes all?
Wait... are you... serious?

You guys actually want to give me money?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
So does this mean you are coming back up for Aerial Rave Kyle?
If yes are you bringing anyone else? (which as far as I know could only be JGALT)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm pretty sure DMG or someone confirmed that was BS, Metal. Don't quote me, but I'll believe it when I see it.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I'm pretty sure DMG or someone confirmed that was BS, Metal. Don't quote me, but I'll believe it when I see it.
It would appear that you are correct:

DMG said:
1. Footstooling opponents too close to the ground gives them enough time to react to Shiek's Bair.
2. Opponents can SDI her Ftilt in various directions that all need different appropriate actions for it to work.
3. Opponents can also DI right after the footstool, avoiding her even more.
Good to know. It would be nice if the video's creator posted that in the description or something.

lain

Smash Master
Who the **** is GERM?

IF IT AIN'T LEGAN IT'S DONE.

BLAME IT ON THE VODKA BLAME IT ON THE HENNY BLAME IT ON THE BLUE TAP GOTCHA FEELIN' DIZZY

Cook

Smash Master
Sad that I had to miss Metal's thingie again. Should likely make it next week. Plus I'll see you guys FRIDAY ZOMG!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey guys,! JGALT am finding film.

You is sometimes enjoying Smash Brothers, yes? Have you aware of time of today?

IS SUPER GANON TIME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gEOzGX6OFc

Most best! Is joy always.

EDIT: HAS MARIO RPG MUSIC! IS JUST FOR GENO!
HOW DOES THAT GO ON FOR 9 MINUTES!!?!?!??! HOOWWW?!?!!? MY MIIIIIINNNNDDDDD, AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sad that I had to miss Metal's thingie again. Should likely make it next week. Plus I'll see you guys FRIDAY ZOMG!
Wait, you weren't there last night? I was wondering why you never talked back when I kept **** talking you. <3 see you at Joker's, Olimar-cakes. /smooch

Top Bottom