• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

alt-F4

Smash Ace
So I can go to either SLOTH or Jokers, which ever you decide. I just got 4 new employees at work so I am making them do the stuff I would have to.

Cook

Smash Master
I REALLY don't even know what SLOTH is or who is going, but Joker's will make you guys better players, while SLOTH will make you worse players.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Joker's place is over 6 and a half hours from St. Louis. SLOTH is 2 and a half.

Joker's place is over 9 hours from my house. SLOTH is 3 and a half.

Yeah, no.

If I was going to drive to Joker's place, I might as well drive to Ann Arbor or Texas.

Yeah, I went there.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Joker's place is over 6 and a half hours from St. Louis. SLOTH is 2 and a half.

Joker's place is over 9 hours from my house. SLOTH is 3 and a half.

Yeah, no.

If I was going to drive to Joker's place, I might as well drive to Ann Arbor or Texas.

Yeah, I went there.
lol, I don't know where we are going, I just know I can go now. I am at the mercy of Metal's will.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
So I can go to either SLOTH or Jokers, which ever you decide. I just got 4 new employees at work so I am making them do the stuff I would have to.
fantastic. yeah i would like to go to jokers but 6 hours away is a looooong way. plus overswarm is supposed to be maybe going to SLOTH so that should be fun. 2.5 hours versus 6 hours :p i dunno i'm pretty sure i'm leaning towards sloth... only thing i'm not sure of is housing.

Teh Future

Smash Master
whatever you're driving, im still not sure if im going, its starting to look like a naw though :(

But on the bright side I just got the best ******* stickers ever. Seriously.

So williams. this lil smash fest on saturday... its gonna be liek all day instead of starting at 5 mirite?!?!?!?!?

I havent played anything in like two weeks :(

Plus I have these sweet *** stickers that everyone is gonna be jealus of

MetalMusicMan

well the official tournament of $1 awesomeness starts at 5pm, but i will probably be smashing starting in the afternoon-ish, yeah. maybe around 2pm or so.

for those of you who don't have my info and want to attend my dollar tournament on saturday:

1315 South Carnegie Drive
St. Peters MO 63376

636 699 2223

Be there by 5pm tomorrow (Saturday the 23rd) and bring your $1 for singles and maybe a spare for doubles if we have the people.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
whatever you're driving, im still not sure if im going, its starting to look like a naw though :(

But on the bright side I just got the best ******* stickers ever. Seriously.

So williams. this lil smash fest on saturday... its gonna be liek all day instead of starting at 5 mirite?!?!?!?!?

I havent played anything in like two weeks :(

Plus I have these sweet *** stickers that everyone is gonna be jealus of
WHAT KIND OF STICKERZ SRSLY!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

ok now that that is out of the way, I can prolly come over if you guys play a little earlier. My friends party starts at the same time as the tourney. So if I leave at 5 it will be fine.

MetalMusicMan

ok now that that is out of the way, I can prolly come over if you guys play a little earlier. My friends party starts at the same time as the tourney. So if I leave at 5 it will be fine.
you don't need no party steve, you just need you some smash! seriously, bring the **** and bring the brett! then tell your friend who is having the party that you can't come because you died.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

I'm willing to bet that Andy and Ron will not be pleased if Steve skips out on them to come to this smashfest.

Cook

Smash Master

No REAL party starts at 5. You can't get there until at least 8 if you want to be cool at all.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yeah, housing for sloth kinda sucks. Southern Illinois might be interested in splitting a hotel and smashing all night if St. Louis is down.

MetalMusicMan

I appreciate the offer, Rob.

Nonetheless, Joker agreed to house us for his tournament. Since all anyone who is hosting SLOTH has done so far is go "I DUNNO WTF IS GOING ON I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE COMING TO THIS TOURNAMENT BECAUSE WE WON'T EVEN CONFIRM OR DENY HOUSING!", we'll all be taking the long and glorious 6 hour drive to Joker's instead.

I plan on leaving for Joker's next Friday by 6pm so we can get there around midnight.

MetalMusicMan's Car
-Me
-Future
-Alt-F4
-Nyus

We could squeeze a fifth in, if anyone else (LEGAN?!?!?) is wanting to ride along. If any of you I listed can't make it, let me know.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
No REAL party starts at 5. You can't get there until at least 8 if you want to be cool at all.
But it's a barbeque that segues directly into the evening drinking. Also if this tourney is anything like the last tourney it won't be over until 10.

MetalMusicMan

Will, here's the first game of that WHOBO set I was telling you about at Kahoka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wygdsu3DRA0
Were chain grabs banned at that tournament or something? If not, Melee1 is REALLY BAD... he messed up like 6 chain grabs ... I don't understand... I thought he was supposed to be good or something? That was a terrible Ice Climber performance :\

Teh Future

Smash Master
Were chain grabs banned at that tournament or something? If not, Melee1 is REALLY BAD... he messed up like 6 chain grabs ... I don't understand... I thought he was supposed to be good or something? That was a terrible Ice Climber performance :\
Melee1 doesnt rely on chaingrabs, that doesnt mean he is bad. Still, that match was hella funny, his performance was terribad.

Ok, so I actually managed to get off for Jokers :D

Unfortunately I also have to work tomorrow during the day, and I dont know what time ill be off so I might be a lil late.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Kyle, my family was going to invite you over for shrimp tonight.
But instead you disappeared with someone named Steve.
I would have made an Achewood reference.
But I think the fact that I am Ray suffices.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Melee1 is actually really good at the infinites; I've watched and experienced them first-hand. I think the pressure just got to him.

In other news... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXg7mmdm9tg

Teh Future

Smash Master
If my memory serves me right, the last time we had falcon championships at Metals, I happened to come out on top. And even then Thinkaman can still probably beat me.

Also lol yoshi. too good

Top Bottom