• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also...you have trouble with Diddy? I thought he was one of Jiggs' better matchups.
I don't have trouble with it. The problem is that I don't do that much better against Diddy than my typical matchups, when I should have a pretty easy time. Needs more rest.

We should play sometime now that I'm in STL for a couple weeks! I need the practice.
I'm in Paducah. :p

darkatma

Smash Hero
hey geno i needa drop by your house right now to drop the bike off. I'll just leave it in your backyard. i'll be there tonight

lixi im not sure if i will need a ride yet
i will call you soon probs
when are you planning to go?

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I just had some great games with Zoze, even if a lot of it was just shooting down random idea for matchup counters.

Paducah Smash: Happenin'

Edit: Random thoughts...

Zoze, your MK is starting to get smart, and I don't like it. It's so different from the d-smash spam I saw at the first Edwardsville tourney... Meanwhile, your knowledge of Kirby is starting to be really solid.

Your Marth is silly and I can punish it by rolling. Brawl Marth is a lot more about his fast aerials, since they are much safer and disjointed hitbox priority matters more in the air. Your Lucario was also kinda meh (while I'm criticizing characters), and was pretty much nothing more than smash spam and trying to time things well. High level Lucario play revolves a lot more on aerial combos. Also, jab-canceled side-Bs are nice.

I wouldn't go Pikachu for any matchup, including Fox. Maybe I'm just used to the experience of playing Stealth and Anther, but I didn't feel that threatened by it. (Even as Wolf and Falcon)

You might want to find someone with a good Wolf for practice, since that should be an easy MK matchup to get down.

For Falcon, just give up, there is no hope against a force that manly.

Uh, you did really well against my Snake. Maybe that would be different if I wasn't *obsessed* with side-B, but you were power-shielding everything perfectly... which is exactly what you have to do against snake. Just watch out for C4 more. :p

DDD on the other hand you seemed to struggle with. You really, really need to not let DDD grab you, even if he doesn't have a chaingrab... it's just too much damage. If he gets 20% a grab, that's more than anything you are doing to him, especially since he's DDD and you're light... it's equal to like 35% on him! Also, DDD mains will be much better than me at recovery, with well-spaced fairs and optimal use of up-B. I think you will need to look at this matchup beyond nado.

Olimar is another important matchup, but that one really comes with experience. You need to assimilate the knowledge of what Olimar wants to do with what color pikmin he has in any situation. Better Olimars than me will play directly to their optimal plays, which means high priority yellow aerials, incredible blue grabs, low percent purple KOs, and no whites flubbing up things. Don't expect to be able to pressure really good Olimar players off the stage without a huge fight; it's a defensive character to begin with, and MK is very good to play defensive against.

Diddy I really don't have an answer for... sorry my Diddy is terrible and I can't give you practice against his true banana tricks. I'd suggest MK or Kirby for now... You play Jiggs like Meta Knight, which makes it as almost as bad as me playing Meta Knight like Jigglypuff... It's probably good for my ego that we didn't play MK dittos. (All I do is shuttle loop and f-tilt) Honestly, I should learn the Diddy/Jigglypuff matchup better myself. Just send all the Diddy players my way in brackets and we're good.

Oh, and Game & Watch sucks donkey balls and is a ******** character that no one should play ever.
All this could have been summed up with spacing airs and camping.

Brawl isnt this complicated.... simplify it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

Surely you'd be up for a money match in such a simple game?

I mean, Brawl seems really complicated and deep to me, just like Melee and most other good games, but perhaps it seems simple and shallow to someone as intelligent and wise as yourself. I'd love to MM you just so some of your amazing skill might rub off on me.

Luckily you are a much better person than a typical internet troll, who would suddenly make excuses about "not having time" or "having better things to do" or "not wanting to play such a terrible game". You wouldn't blindly criticize a game without putting your money where your mouth is, because that would make you a ******** Internet troll.

TTT

Smash Journeyman

I'm quoting HoChiMinhTrail. He's a huge nub. Also, play me at starcraft and say that to my face!....also come to st. louis this summer.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Surely you'd be up for a money match in such a simple game?

I mean, Brawl seems really complicated and deep to me, just like Melee and most other good games, but perhaps it seems simple and shallow to someone as intelligent and wise as yourself. I'd love to MM you just so some of your amazing skill might rub off on me.

Luckily you are a much better person than a typical internet troll, who would suddenly make excuses about "not having time" or "having better things to do" or "not wanting to play such a terrible game". You wouldn't blindly criticize a game without putting your money where your mouth is, because that would make you a ******** Internet troll.
Sorry can't money match... the sun is in my eyes.

Give me a few games to get the feel for that ****y game again and i'll money match you. I ain't no nub son don't worry :).
Btw... i don't think i ever said anything about having amazing skill... i simply have enough skill to be decent at brawl... for Sakurai basically took melee and catered it to 5 year olds via Brawl. I think $20 will be sufficient.

ROFL Tony... i will beat the living **** out of you in starcraft... omg lol...

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
WTF is Trail doing in our thread!!??! oh well, I like what he has to say ;)

anyway, is anyone able to take Zig home....to Alton.....tonight....... after smashing at my place.....? please :) :) :)

Nicole

Smash Champion
Huh, that's right, I forgot you didn't actually live in STL Think.

Also, when else are you guys playing at Metal's this week? I just realized I can't do Tuesday after all. :(

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Thinkaman, lol we are cool right? I was really just johnin on brawl jokingly..... up here we do it a lot so it kinda just slides off my tongue lol. If i play you this upcoming week i'll def. play you in melee and play some brawl as well. But yea ill still do that young money match :).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah don't take me the wrong way, I'm a pretty laid back guy even when the Internet is SERIUS BIZNESS. I just like being snarky.

...do people still say "snarky"?

Also, Geno, Tales of Symphonia.

Sometime.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Well, nobody USED to say snarky, but now that you posted a message containing it, it will probably spread like wildfire across the internet.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Tuesday nights need moar ness imo...

Thinkaman you are a lot better vs diddy than most people Ive faced, but idk I dont even remember how good my diddy was last time we played, but I kinda stopped playing him very much at all, secondarying a character that is best on neutral stages with I main ICs is dumb.

I have to work this tuesday actually, but Ill be at Metals dollar tournament so I can lose to B spam and pivot grabs olololool

Book!

Smash Journeyman
If Trail wins, Kyle has to come back to Melee. Doubles in Paducah made me miss that puff.

TP

Smash Master
I'll come to Metal's on Tuesday (my last day of school **** yeah). Can someone off me a ride?

David, we need to go on more adventures together.

Cook

Smash Master
Future, you forgot about C-stick spam. Because I will SO beat you wth that! Um, I dun think I'm gonna (I'm drunk so 'scuse mah typin';) make it to Metalk's on Tuesday unless someone can offer to enyertain me all of Wednesday. Also, I dun think I can mske it to the $1 tournament next Saturday. I has a sad. Peole's wanty to play on Thursday or Friday night instead? Becaus I cn SO do those nights! Also, you shoulfd all make it to Des Moines on the 30th for Joker's ourney! It will be SWEET ***, PLUS I'm gonna need a douvbles partner cauz Nicole's lame *** can't ,make it.

Nicole

Smash Champion
It's this Saturday, yeshums. Planning for around 5pm.
Well ****, I can't make it. You guys playing next Tues? Seems like circumstances out of my control are making me "take a break" from Smash ever since Kahoka...god I'm going to be terrible next time we play :dizzy:

Top Bottom