• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I think the first time I got past the barrel by jumping, and then I died and had to redo it, and I figured it out. I call it not sucking at video games, one of the many services I offer.

LOL MY WII IS STILL BRICKED.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Oh uh, I dunno if I can still play tonight, tomorrow will be better. We could do it in the village, but I only have one wii.

EDIT: oh f*** it I can play around 8.30, top floor of the village if anyone wants to come. PM me for my number because I don't think anyone will have access but me.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
I think the first time I got past the barrel by jumping, and then I died and had to redo it, and I figured it out. I call it not sucking at video games, one of the many services I offer.

LOL MY WII IS STILL BRICKED.
lol you died and had to redo it?

yeah youre really good at video games. sonic 3 is a joke LOL

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey now, we didn't ban Snake after Oklahoma City...

...wait, did I just cross a line?

I crossed a line, didn't I...

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Thinkaman, you didn't cross the line. Given the memory and intelligence of modern day Americans, I'd say over half of them wouldn't even get it.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Holy **** this is so true it hurts. I never figured this **** out till now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qO1GJgYIDs&feature=related
I nearly pissed myself from laughing. That was god**** funny.

Disclaimer: The use of the word "god****" was in no way intended to offend anyone, even God him/her/itself. I am not trying to **** God in any way, shape or form. Hopefully that satisfies the political correctness committee.

MuBa

Smash Lord
OMG I hated that level so **** much!!!!! I have spent countless fugging hours as an 8 year old trying to figure out how to get past that thing! It was after 9 years when I decided to play this game again and BAM, it hit me like a ton of bricks that all you had to do was press up and down...

Till this day that level and the music haunts me.....*shivers*

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I never experienced the emotional trauma of that level HA HA hA

Although if any of you have ever played that SNES game "Plok!", there was one level called "Go Home Cavern" where I got stuck at a dead end and could not advance. I played it on an emulator years later and the obstruction was gone.

Cook

Smash Master
I delivered pizzas with Kit! Was a swet job, but alas I had to quit when school ended. Maybe I can get a similar job in Columbia...

(I'm glad we're using the St. Louis thread to talk about this)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I PM'ed you Geno's number.

You could have just looked it up on Facebook; that's what it's for.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Yeah I can give you a ride on Friday.

Take the Metro to the airport, unless you're carrying tons of stuff.

darkatma

Smash Hero
okay cool
saturday btw, not friday
i am definitely going to that smashfest, i'll be here on campus tmrw probably so you can give me a ride
lixi pm me your number in case so i can call you if i find another way to geno's
i lost my phone a week ago, still haven't found it =[

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just had some great games with Zoze, even if a lot of it was just shooting down random idea for matchup counters.

Paducah Smash: Happenin'

Edit: Random thoughts...

Zoze, your MK is starting to get smart, and I don't like it. It's so different from the d-smash spam I saw at the first Edwardsville tourney... Meanwhile, your knowledge of Kirby is starting to be really solid.

Your Marth is silly and I can punish it by rolling. Brawl Marth is a lot more about his fast aerials, since they are much safer and disjointed hitbox priority matters more in the air. Your Lucario was also kinda meh (while I'm criticizing characters), and was pretty much nothing more than smash spam and trying to time things well. High level Lucario play revolves a lot more on aerial combos. Also, jab-canceled side-Bs are nice.

I wouldn't go Pikachu for any matchup, including Fox. Maybe I'm just used to the experience of playing Stealth and Anther, but I didn't feel that threatened by it. (Even as Wolf and Falcon)

You might want to find someone with a good Wolf for practice, since that should be an easy MK matchup to get down.

For Falcon, just give up, there is no hope against a force that manly.

Uh, you did really well against my Snake. Maybe that would be different if I wasn't *obsessed* with side-B, but you were power-shielding everything perfectly... which is exactly what you have to do against snake. Just watch out for C4 more. :p

DDD on the other hand you seemed to struggle with. You really, really need to not let DDD grab you, even if he doesn't have a chaingrab... it's just too much damage. If he gets 20% a grab, that's more than anything you are doing to him, especially since he's DDD and you're light... it's equal to like 35% on him! Also, DDD mains will be much better than me at recovery, with well-spaced fairs and optimal use of up-B. I think you will need to look at this matchup beyond nado.

Olimar is another important matchup, but that one really comes with experience. You need to assimilate the knowledge of what Olimar wants to do with what color pikmin he has in any situation. Better Olimars than me will play directly to their optimal plays, which means high priority yellow aerials, incredible blue grabs, low percent purple KOs, and no whites flubbing up things. Don't expect to be able to pressure really good Olimar players off the stage without a huge fight; it's a defensive character to begin with, and MK is very good to play defensive against.

Diddy I really don't have an answer for... sorry my Diddy is terrible and I can't give you practice against his true banana tricks. I'd suggest MK or Kirby for now... You play Jiggs like Meta Knight, which makes it as almost as bad as me playing Meta Knight like Jigglypuff... It's probably good for my ego that we didn't play MK dittos. (All I do is shuttle loop and f-tilt) Honestly, I should learn the Diddy/Jigglypuff matchup better myself. Just send all the Diddy players my way in brackets and we're good.

Oh, and Game & Watch sucks donkey balls and is a ******** character that no one should play ever.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Oh, and Game & Watch sucks donkey balls and is a ******** character that no one should play ever.
:crying:

Game and Watch is so funny!

Also...you have trouble with Diddy? I thought he was one of Jiggs' better matchups.

We should play sometime now that I'm in STL for a couple weeks! I need the practice.

Top Bottom