• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Lol

So Jordan told me you don't need a ride? So what are you doing then? Still going right? And where are you staying at??
because I have a chance of winning melee I decided to fly since it would have been a huge hassle to you guys.

I'm staying with others in the hotel

TP

Smash Master
Alright, my venue is good to go. All they want is a $5 venue fee. The venue will provide us with extension cords and power strips. When do you guys want a tournament? He wants a range of a few weeks, but I can pretty much pick any Saturday I want. I can TO it or Rauleen can, I don't care which. Melee can feel free to tag along if they want, although we only have one day. I need to know when we should do it by Monday night when I talk to him again. We can make it a local or even a circuit event, there's plenty of room.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I'll be in town this upcoming week, anyone up for a few games.. and mabye a few beers?
I'm about 2 hours away, but I may make the trip. I work evenings Monday and Tuesday, and I have to pick up my son at 6 PM on Friday. Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the best days for me. Message me some contact info (cell phone) if you're interested.

I'll MM any Diddy in the state with Ganon except David. :D
Don't know if I count as in state, but I will take you up on this if I ever see you guys again. Sorry about the whole college thing, hope you get things figured out.

Radium88

Smash Lord
TP since you got it all set up, you can TO if you want. And you can pick the day if you want. Just remember there are some tournaments in June and May. And I plan on doing another one in August.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFWX0hWCbng&feature=player_embedded

What the ****, Ke$ha just got sooooooo many more cool points lol. Also, she's never really looked hot to me until this video... and JAMES VAN DER BEEK is hilarious lol.

This was one of the most entertaining music vids I have ever seen. I laughed the whole time.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Don't do May 7 or I will be all the mad :( :( :(

I want to visit my MO friends again, but I wouldn't be able to go if you did it that day because I'm running a little fundraiser in Lawrence.

TP

Smash Master
Obviously it's not gonna be on the same day as a MW:W Circuit event.

Since I can probably use this venue multiple times, we might as well have a small tournament somewhat soonish. Maybe late April or so. Another option is in June, the weekend between SiiS5 and Brainshock Beta. Or it could be the same day as SiiS5. :D

Gimme some input, those who have not posted yet.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Well, nobody from MO has confirmed if they were going, so I just HAD to make sure :(

hint hint nudge nudge

Radium88

Smash Lord
Anybody want to do a smashfest tonight or want to come over to my place?

EDIT: Smashfest at david's after 5 pm. Bring wiis!

For melee kids:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299531

Pass it on to other threads that might come!

EDIT 2:

TP, if you want to do a brawl monthly, I will be up for TO-ing it. I can put you down as a co-TO if you would like or if you want me to handle everything, I can do that too. I can even talk to Ogre about the details. If you need to give him a date, Apr 16 or the 23rd sound good. I say monthly bec I don't know how big we can get this but since he doesn't care how many people show up, then I'm not too pressured to make enough for a venue payment. Let me know ASAP so I can make a thread.

TP

Smash Master
I'm seeing Justin (the day-to-day owner of the store, Ogre lives in Indiana now but is still involved) tomorrow night, so I can confirm with him then. I agree with your time and reasoning. Let's co-TO the first one since I wanna see what it's like but I also need your street cred. :)

Radium88

Smash Lord
just wonderin cuz i could end up going here for school

not that it factors into my college decision or anything... :p
Well there is a scene here and I try to make a tournament happen for them as much as I could but I could have probably done more. Maybe the small local tournaments can keep the scene going.

kyu pufffff
im leaving next year :(
but contact darkatma
nuuuuu!

just thought I'd pop in for a second...
North Carolina has no melee. they all live like 3 hours away in Durham/Chapel Hill.
I am so not driving 3 hours for every smashfest. new level of respect for long commuters like Nicole/Cook
Fixed and agreed. And helloooo chris!

Cook

Smash Master
If it was 3 hours to Will's and not an hour and a half we would hardly ever come, unlike Ripple who still does sometimes.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I refuse to tell anyone the context of my victory:

I 2-0d Espy in pools. Get @ me.

P.S. If you namesearch, ignore this post. Juss walk away.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If it was 3 hours to Will's and not an hour and a half we would hardly ever come, unlike Ripple who still does sometimes.
you guys make the trip worth it. ;)

plus you guys are still closer than chicago :/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Id like a practice tourny lol.

Cook

Smash Master
Aw, I will be sad if you do it this week because Nicole has to work so if we make it at all it won't be until later and then you guys will be in the middle of your tournament. :(

alt-F4

Smash Ace
edit:
Jordan, wtf is this ****? lol

answer greatest thing in the ****ing world... ok so when summer rolls around I should have a bit more expendable income/time so expect me to be back with a vengeance... also if things in the past involving 'with a vengeance' are any indicator Samuel L Jackson might be there too.

Top Bottom