• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Cook

Smash Master
Ugh...I really need to get something going up here...an organization on campus set up a game night tonight, and they had Brawl there. They were doing FFAs, so it was mostly a bug cluster****, but I was just off. I wasn't even DIing right for the first hour. -_-

Anyone else at Truman State right now? Need to get some weeklies going or something...
LOL, **** Truman. They ain't got ****. Try to get with James and Jordan. Make Jordan stay good, plz.

Nuris

Smash Lord
possible attendees:
me
Lixi
Book
Tomacawk
Darkatma
Blitz
Mentok
DANIEL THE SERAPH
Hylian
Radium
Geno????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
others?
brawlers are also welcome but this will probably not be worth a long drive just for brawl

~5+ possible set-ups
2 futon couches, 2 desk chairs, 1 arm chair, 1 bean bag, 1 ottoman, 2 cup chairs, 2 stools
kitchen counter, 1 wood table, 1 long broken plastic table on crates

small tv on kitchen counter w/ stools for singles, 2 tvs facing 1 couch for 2 singles, 1 tv facing other couch for doubles, huge tv on wood table with various chairs for doubles

sorry if im thinking out loud, im kind of exhausted
but i will do my best to accommodate xD, but with someone living in my living room and all his stuff piled up in our place, space is kind of limited D:

also boobies
<3 david
might show up tuesday

pooooooop it's late

CTX

Smash Journeyman
LOL, **** Truman. They ain't got ****. Try to get with James and Jordan. Make Jordan stay good, plz.
I am trying...but he is beginning to hate brawl more and more. Everytime we play he just complains that it isnt as good as brawl minus. He has been getting more into melee, and that has been rubbing off on me.

I'm trying man

Radium88

Smash Lord
Yeaaah. Jordan told me how he plays brawl minus A LOT and started to get into melee again.

Stuff that I sorta read
We also have a tv and wii with melee/brawl if you needs it....actually he needs to find his disc but he says he is sure he has it.

@ Legan: LOLOLOLOL you have some spelling/grammar mistakes there. You should proofread the stuff you write.

Legan

Smash Lord
Rauleen you're so cute :D

Edit: Only losers make their own smashwiki page. I have fanboys that randomly made it for me if you havent figured it out by now.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Nuris what time should people begin showing up?
I figure I wouldn't text you this because you are probably sleeping

TP

Smash Master
LOL Legan. I read that page as:

"Legan is pretty much the best person ever. He's really good and helpful to others and clearly a top player. He has attended one tournament ever, and got DQed from it."

LOLWUT

book

Smash Apprentice
Could I possibly get a ride when people start heading over? I am just a couple minutes from Phil's by car.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Could I possibly get a ride when people start heading over? I am just a couple minutes from Phil's by car.
yessir. i'll be at your **** in an hour, as my text message stated. showering and leaving now.
i will be taking moneymatches from people who aren't named dark katma

Radium88

Smash Lord
Rauleen you're so cute :D

Edit: Only losers make their own smashwiki page. I have fanboys that randomly made it for me if you havent figured it out by now.

<3 I has some dog fud for you if you go to Phil's. Not much though...but only for now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Maybe I should play GW more lol.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
had a blast playing/meeting everybody. I got pulled over and harassed by a cop in the ****tiest neighborhood I've ever seen on the way back--seriously thought I was gunna die. There were at least 15 people (many drunk and bottles in hand) walking THROUGH the road. I had to come to a complete stop at one point.

I'm probably not coming to another smashfest until the interstate is finished.

book

Smash Apprentice
****, sorry about your drive, Luke. Hopefully things will clear up soon.

Fun games. Nice meeting you, Hylian.

Nuris

Smash Lord
had a blast playing/meeting everybody. I got pulled over and harassed by a cop in the ****tiest neighborhood I've ever seen on the way back--seriously thought I was gunna die. There were at least 15 people (many drunk and bottles in hand) walking THROUGH the road. I had to come to a complete stop at one point.

I'm probably not coming to another smashfest until the interstate is finished.
you should take 255 to 64 to skinker/clayton exit
much less scary than east st louis/ucity D:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well the drive took me an hour and it's 30 miles...and I still don't have a job
I'm REALLY not a fan of driving. I'm a really good driver (srsly) and I drive safe; but I have mild-moderate anxiety and it doesn't help when I'm driving around a bunch of people who drive so aggressively on the interstate, speed excessively, and change lanes constantly with no signals
and my inner hippie really hates driving due to carbon emissions...I would much rather bike
I mean the only time I ever drive is to get groceries, use roads too dangerous to bike on, or to smash
tl;dr johns
It's too bad, I had a ton of fun and I love the diverse players in this area; I feel spoiled now compared to Springfield.
I wanna do a few shoutouts
mentok-you were funny as hell. dash attacks anonymous was classic.
peach-you're SO ****ing broken. omfg, double peach is unstoppable
binyan-you're better than I thought you were. it's evident to me you've improved greatly since TIMS3, your tech chases were unbelievable. Do you realize you grabbed my tech ups without a single failure, and you had similar results when I didn't tech? Your falco was really impressive too. Just beware that you better continue stepping your **** up of I'm going to be beating you shortly--I got passion
zach-always fun playing you. I expect us to become great friends by the end of the semester.
legan-you're HILARIOUS. Let's smoke next time we hang out; if you got 5 on it then I'll bring the fire. btw we didn't play, but I heard you talking **** about falcon--I'll moneymatch your link with my falcon next time we're in the same venue
alex-thanks for the help with directions. you didn't make a very big impression on me when we met at TIMS3, but that has changed. I had fun playing with you and you're way better than you act like you are captain modest
daniel-you're obviously improving. I fear the day you realize how badly ganon owns fox
phil-pretty gay good puff. I want to again clarify that I was not sand bagging against you, I just enjoy playing the whole cast. I'm pretty disappointed in my pikachu, it has gotten rusty. I'll get you next time =]
hylian-we didn't play much, but I find it strange how drastically different our foxes appear to play. if binyan wasn't such a bully we could have played a lot more
radium-why didn't you play at all? you gotta step up! I'm not sure if this is true, but I think it was you who made/brought/whatever the banana pudding. very sweet of you to hook everybody up
geno-good game (lol). you play so **** weird, i hate sneaky *******s like yourself.
I think that's everybody
edit-you're all done when I play powered up =]

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Had a lot of fun, thanks for the games everyone :). I think I remember everyones names/faces haha sorry for those I didn't get to play. Also sorry I was so rusty the first hour or so hahaha I had to shake off brawl/johns. Really glad I got a taste of the midwest scene, makes me want more :). You guys were fun.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lixi = alex

but yeah fun games tomacawk, having a good fox around is definitely really helpful. I really enjoyed playing you :p Tryy to come by sometime again, even though you hate driving.

hylian you too :p Especially since you and rauleen live so close

Radium88

Smash Lord
:( if i was really that considerate i would have made a vegan dessert....i am soo sorry :( i dont really like leaving ppl out.

btw, had fun watching the games though and did some damage on my phantom hourglass progress :3

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
To Corey / Legan the great:

Are you going to School's In Session 3 with us? If not, I guess I need a team mate.

Or on Tuesday when we try to hammer all of this out, I guess I can hammer that out too.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
:( if i was really that considerate i would have made a vegan dessert....i am soo sorry :( i dont really like leaving ppl out.

btw, had fun watching the games though and did some damage on my phantom hourglass progress :3
I don't expect you or anybody to make accommodations for my beliefs just as I don't expect people to cook me food. All I ask for is respect. Basically, no need to apologize--it's not like you did something to take away some aspect of my happiness/life/anything at all. lol

lixi = alex

but yeah fun games tomacawk, having a good fox around is definitely really helpful. I really enjoyed playing you :p Tryy to come by sometime again, even though you hate driving.

hylian you too :p Especially since you and rauleen live so close
thanks man. it was refreshing to play somebody who pushes me to improve--it's been a long *** time since I've been able to play extensively with somebody significantly better than I am
hopefully I can help everybody with the fox matchup. I've dabbled in every style of fox play imaginable and I don't really have any technical limitations, so if you want help with certain things let me know and I can try to conform to the style you want.

Cook

Smash Master
To Corey / Legan the great:

Are you going to School's In Session 3 with us? If not, I guess I need a team mate.

Or on Tuesday when we try to hammer all of this out, I guess I can hammer that out too.
I think Corey dumped you for Nicole. Unless she ends up dumping him for someone better.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ he didn't say anything about teaming with you when i talked to him, Will. if you guys have prior arrangements, then that's fine with me.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Oh, I wasn't aware you guys were even thinking about teaming. Last I checked, Nicole needed a partner and I didn't think Corey was even going, so we hadn't talked about teaming. I assumed we would if he was going, but it's not a big deal, I don't mind either way.

Just let me know so I know if I need a partner or not.

Top Bottom