• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nuris

Smash Lord
I dunno if people are gonna read this but most of the Melee people are here and with some organization we can fit a bunch more easy. Everyone for Brawl is welcome, though we may exile a setup or two to my bedroom/spare room (for spacial reasons of course xD)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Hows evansville and ripple doing against the St. Louisians?

@oranos: if thats it, i'm prolly not going. I don't play brawl that much =\

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Rob Pardo said:
The actual goal of game balance is not to make things uneventful, but to make everything feel overpowering by themselves. When a player gets overrun by siege tanks, their reaction should be "Man, that was unstoppable!" That is what creates the variety in the game and raises the skill ceiling.
smart guy designs starcraft and doesnt afraid of anything

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Weird, I don't know why that was said. There's no change to Samus's jab. Thanks, I fixed it.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Melee and Brawl players getting together in harmony.
Or at least tolerating each other, playing their respective games, in the same room.
It is good.

EDIT: I need to change my ****ing avatar, it's starting to creep me the **** out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Melee and Brawl players getting together in harmony.
Or at least tolerating each other, playing their respective games, in the same room.
It is good.

EDIT: I need to change my ****ing avatar, it's starting to creep me the **** out.
That sounds nice. I play both games and never really get the chance to play both at once :/.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
all things considered it was pretty fun.

I crossed over into brawl a little
brawl people played a little melee

3 things that didnt go so well

1) these things should start earlier and end earlier. I almost crashed my car driving home

2)Cook didn't get to eat mah foodstuffs

3)Nicole+Todd didn't get their pkmn battles (i had no idea they took 15+ mins per battle)

mebbe next time

book

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Phil for hosting. Thanks Peef and Amba for making the drive out. Had fun playing with you guys.

Sorry I didn't stick around long enough to see Ripple and Brawlers. I was way too tired.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
so does that mean you can hang out again kyle? i mean are you even still in st louis?

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
if Anba is watching

btw i think i know why they allow 2 ubers per team of 4 in the official tourneys.

because they don't want to make 12 year olds cry when they are told that they're not allowed to use their awesome Mewtwo that ***** all their 12 year old friends.

what i think is funny is that you're allowed to use fissure and double team and sleep their whole team with dark void.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yep, I had a great time! Thanks for letting us chill at your place, Phil!

Jebus, we will be sure to play Pokemons next time. :D

Oh, and Nicole, I told you wrong last night; ADHD got sixth. I guess I just forgot about it...haha, lo siento!!

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
btw brawlers,

i recognized cook(andrew?), todd, + nicole, but who was that samus player?

congrats to nicole+that samus dood for making low tier people look ridiculously S+

PEEF!

Smash Hero
ahh rapee

I had a great time this weekend! Shoutouts to everyone I played, it was fun. I made more and better friends and no enemies that I know of. Special thanks to Darkatma and Nuris for organizing and housing!

Lots of good players. <3 everyone who caught the 0-death handoff sometime during the day.

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
Great weekend guys. Had fun as usual.

Thanks to everyone who gave me tips and pointers.

Thanks to Darkatma and Nuris for housing.

I hope everyone comes to POE3 and we'll gladly house anyone.

Jebus had fun with our impromptu pokemans battle. I'll be better next time lol

Nuris

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone for coming out. I really just hope everyone had a decent time :) It was really nice to see Brawl and Melee players at a smashfest together for a change.

Melee crew: :heart:
Brawl crew: :heart:
No crew battles: :(
Thanks to Lixi and darkatma for offering to give directions, drive, house, and organize
Sorry to all the people who got to my place when I wasn't there D: :/
Good **** to the people who made the trip.

Also, Ripple's Great Adventure

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm so pissed there were no crew battles.

I actually never heard the word the entire weekend or else I would have forced everyone to participate.

Cook

Smash Master
btw brawlers,

i recognized cook(andrew?), todd, + nicole, but who was that samus player?

congrats to nicole+that samus dood for making low tier people look ridiculously S+
Yeah, I'm Andrew.

The Samus is Jack/Clove. He doesn't ever post.

Peach already is SSS God Tier (or at least almost High Tier).

Samus sucks, though.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
how late do metal music tuesdays usually go?

i have a unique opportunity this week b/c i have no class Wednesday and night class ends early(7:30) this tuesday

book

Smash Apprentice
I certainly got 0-deathed more than once. Peef has some insane grab combos. Never could finish the job, though. :p

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
lol yeah, in actuality Peach is totally at least top of C Tier in the current Tier list. Easily B Tier, really. Her being rated so low for so long is such a huge load of crap, it isn't even funny. Nicole is really good too though yeah ;)

Jack is really great with Samus but Samus does suck and yeah he never posts, haha :p

Sounds like you guys had fun, sorry I couldn't make it-- seeing Bleeding Through at a venue with "absolutely no bullsh*t karate dancing" on the door and "every $1 kills a twilight fan" on the tip jar was TOTALLY worth it though. Awesome show :D

My Smashfests usually go from 5pm to around midnight.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
how late do metal music tuesdays usually go?

i have a unique opportunity this week b/c i have no class Wednesday and night class ends early(7:30) this tuesday
Heyyy, if you do decide to go out, would you be down to pick me up from STLCOP? I don't believe your apartment is very far from me at all. Plus, sometime after 7:30 would be perfect for me because the would give me a few hour to study physics so I would be able to go. :)

Nicole

Smash Champion
Oh, and Nicole, I told you wrong last night; ADHD got sixth. I guess I just forgot about it...haha, lo siento!!
You're a liar who clearly told me on purpose. You're such a ****, I dont know why I even talk to you.

btw guys, Peach is D Tier SSS God tier. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom