• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I leave you guys for one moment, some girl shows up, and next thing you know half of smashboards is posting in this thread. No wonder the site's been crashing.

book

Smash Apprentice
I can't follow this thread anymore. Is melee happening this weekend? Are people visiting from OOS? Please, someone, help me through this.

Nuris

Smash Lord
my place can fit pplz
but w/e
prolly the place with the most space is wash u like eliot basement, mudd lobby, etc.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I can't follow this thread anymore. Is melee happening this weekend? Are people visiting from OOS? Please, someone, help me through this.
Melee Saturday. OoS will be arriving around noon, and will be leaving Sunday morning.

book

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Rich. I think we met briefly at SMYM but you disappeared when I suggested doubles. :p

So Saturday smashfest at Wash U?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Okay so let's decide where we're having this on Saturday:

WashU (probably Mudd Lobby)
Pro: Plenty of space
Con: May be used by other people, allergies (at least me and Phil)

Phil's place
Pro: Decent space, overnight housing
Con: Less accessible

Jebus' place
Pro: Overnight housing (maybe)
Con: Less spacious

As long as whoever is hosting doesn't mind, we can have Brawl in the same place (any Brawl people that wants to come please speak up now).

And whoever is bringing setups, bring a power strip if you have one.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I got 2 power strips, 2 TVs, and 1 Melee/Brawl set-up.
People who might come:
Me
Lixivium
book
darkatma
Blitz
MentokJebus
null
Geno?
Toga?
2-3 from Evansville (PEEF + others)
2-3 from Springfield (Ripple, chewwy, + ?)
Future
Cook
Nicole
Legan?
alt-f4?
radium88?
Peoria??

Anyone not on the list who might show up? Anyone on the list who definitely can't make it?

information iz appreciate

kbye

book

Smash Apprentice
I vote for melee only. It's not my intention to be exclusive, but I don't see his we can accommodate both games with this many people and limited space.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I'm down with the idea of a huge combined smashfest at wash U or a big location,

but that means

it can't be at my house and consequently no food from me.

whatever you guys decide but I cant accomodate everyone at my place at the same time

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm interested and would like to come. It just depends on the time of day it is happening and stuff.

Cook

Smash Master
But I want yum fooooddd...

Anyway, I will go wherever other Brawlers are gonna be, because it wouldn't make much sense for me to drive to St. Louis to play Brawl with Nicole and watch other people play Melee (or for me to get ***** in Melee).

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yeah, I have no preference as to where it is, except that I somehow find a ride to where it is. Haha

alt-F4

Smash Ace
as far as I know i can come... but my pokemonz suck i didnt pay attention to ev iv or nature really while i was playing through... i do have two right natures so far but they are both level one, and i dont know if i will have them on my final team yet.

Nuris

Smash Lord
its okay i still havent gotten around to making a team so you can battle against pokemon i used to finish the game

lucien's sheik is sexy

Nuris

Smash Lord
**** it todd, stop calling me about your psyduck!
and how did you lose to an abra?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I think you need to have "disable", and disable his only move?, teleport. Then, I think he'll attack you 1 hp at a time.
Recalling from rote memory. I might've added a lil imagination to that. lol

Nuris

Smash Lord
struggle now has 1/4 recoil damage, so he would die in 4-5 attacks
abra can learn tms, though, like hidden power

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
btw guys who wants to play a little on Friday afternoon?

hidden agenda(testing out some pkmn I found chilling in box 14)

Nuris

Smash Lord
ummm i would play smash friday but pokemon is dumb
hidden agenda(pokemon suxxx)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so what's happening?

melee and/or brawl and where?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I think it's best to do this at Phil's place and have Brawl/Melee together. It's going to be a tight fit but workable, and as long as people bring a couple of setups it should be fine.

Phil?

Nuris

Smash Lord
we can meet at my place (at least for melee) thought we might be playing at wash u. I still think there should be lotsa space in my apartment (we can probably use one of my extra rooms upstairs and even my bedroom), but i guess we'll see about that later.

1019 Skinker Pkwy St Louis (University City) MO 63112
park on the side street called horton in between the lot in front of bardenheir's and the plumber's supply warehouse.

617-959-4517, call me (phil) if you get lost

combo too good

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
alright brawlers I guess thats the plan unless Cook REALLY DESPERATELY wants to eat my food,

i guess nicole+cook can come eat at my house before brawling+meleeing+pkmning at Phil's house lol

book

Smash Apprentice
Of course I'll do whatever, but I was thinking Melee somewhere on campus (Mudd?) would be easiest. What's the aversion, Alex? Allergies? If playing at Phil's will clear up my sinuses, then I'm sold.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i'm not going to enjoy these allergies that im hearing about...

phils place sounds good to me!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Of course I'll do whatever, but I was thinking Melee somewhere on campus (Mudd?) would be easiest. What's the aversion, Alex? Allergies? If playing at Phil's will clear up my sinuses, then I'm sold.
My allergies were really miserable last time I went to the South 40 but that's not the main issue.

If we're getting everybody together (as people seem to want) then I don't want to risk having Mudd/Eliot already occupied, or us getting kicked out midway through.

Phil always has veto power of course.

Nuris

Smash Lord
well i checked with my roommate and he said it's fine, we've got a living room, kitchen, spare room, and my bed room that we can use.
but actually im just gonna be an ******* vetooo *****esss!!!
jk

it's gotta start in the evening (like after 5:30 or 6) oooor I need trustworthy individuals there while i leave to play IM soccer for an hour.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I live four miles away from Phil (I map quested it...haha) so if anyone would wanna stop by STLCOP and possibly get me, that would be pretty fantabulous.

Top Bottom