• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Who all is going to VGbootcamp? How far is it, and would I be able to pick up a ride?
I'm going to VG Boot Camp. As of a few days ago, I'm pre-registered for Brawl Singles and Doubles and also Street Fighter 4 Singles.

I think it's 4-ish hours away? I think I'm driving with Nicole / Andrew and I think Rauleen is going with Corey and some people maybe? Or maybe if few enough of us go, one car would suffice. I'm not sure.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Indiana is about 4 hours away. I'm going on Saturday so if Will is doing the SFIV, then we'd have to take 2 cars. My car is going to be in Indianapolis around 4pm? maybe? (Legan....I don't think I can make melee anymore....because I forgot about the time change) We'll chill at the venue a bit to check it out and then head over to Cincinnati for housing, smashfest with God Kais and then going out. Smash 64 isn't going out tho due to some things so he'll be at his place. Drive over the next day by waking up around 8?

That is the tentative plan for now.

As of right now, it's just Legan and I, since it appears that Nicole and Cook are driving too? I thought we were riding in one car and I could have dropped them off at their friend's house before going to Cincy but if the case is that they are driving, then yeah, it's just Legan and I for now?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i passed by St. louis about 4 hours ago. and omg, i saw like 3 cars do 480s on the highway in front of me. I was scared ****. and i saw like dozens and dozens of cars off the road cuz of the slick weather. St. louis drivers are bottom tier.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Indiana is about 4 hours away. I'm going on Saturday so if Will is doing the SFIV, then we'd have to take 2 cars. My car is going to be in Indianapolis around 4pm? maybe? (Legan....I don't think I can make melee anymore....because I forgot about the time change) We'll chill at the venue a bit to check it out and then head over to Cincinnati for housing, smashfest with God Kais and then going out. Smash 64 isn't going out tho due to some things so he'll be at his place. Drive over the next day by waking up around 8?

That is the tentative plan for now.

As of right now, it's just Legan and I, since it appears that Nicole and Cook are driving too? I thought we were riding in one car and I could have dropped them off at their friend's house before going to Cincy but if the case is that they are driving, then yeah, it's just Legan and I for now?
I'm going to VG Boot Camp. As of a few days ago, I'm pre-registered for Brawl Singles and Doubles and also Street Fighter 4 Singles.

I think it's 4-ish hours away? I think I'm driving with Nicole / Andrew and I think Rauleen is going with Corey and some people maybe? Or maybe if few enough of us go, one car would suffice. I'm not sure.
Alright, Wlll when do you guys think you'll be leaving, and Rauleen and Will, when do you think you think your cars will be coming back? I'm definately interested in going, if I cant get rides and stuff worked out, haha

Cook

Smash Master
I think I said we'd talk about the driving situation last week at Will's, then I didn't show up. But I'll be there tomorrow! So everyone who wants to go to VGBootcamp should try to be there tomorrow and we'll figure out rides.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Lol, guess I do need a ride out there tomorrow, if anyone wuld be so kind. If it's out of the way I can spot some gas money.
I can't wait till I have my own car next year. :(

Radium88

Smash Lord
@ Milk: I'm sure he's still going to his dads but I'm not 100% sure.

@ Tmacc: Since Milk is getting a ride with Steve, I'll swing by your place after work so that should be around 4 30 if I can get things done but I'll give you a call when I'm on my way.

Cook

Smash Master
That was the plan, but I just realized Will is doing SFIV and Corey wants to do Melee, and both of those are on Saturday. We were planning on getting there Saturday night. So they could ride together and we could go with Rauleen, but the problem there is that we want to stay in different places. But if Rauleen doesn't mind dropping us off that could still work. In fact, she COULD maybe just drop us off at the venue on Saturday and Will could drive us to Jane's. Unless we don't mind getting there Friday night. I dunno. Who all is going besides the four of us and Tmacc? It's complicated, so that's why we'll discuss it tomorrow when all of us are together.

MetalMusicMan

If it's a problem, I'll just not do SF4. I wasn't aware it would conflict with things. ... I just assumed we'd be leaving Friday as usual, but whatever works.

...but yeah, we'll talk tomorrow :p

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Alright Rauleen, if you could, give him my number and tell him to get a hold of me and let me know for sure, whether it be by text or phone.

By the way, finished Bioshock 2, and WOWWWWWWWWWWWW good ending. Multiplayer is crazy addictive as well.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm good to leave whenever whoever I'm riding with is ready. I can work with whoever's schedule, since they will be providing me with a ride. Just throwing that out there.

And thanks Rauleen, that sounds great! I'll be ready tomorrow whenever you are. :) What about a ride back, is that a problem?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Luke dude I'm sorry but im not going to visit my dad anymore, I cant come get you tomorrow. im really sorry. hopefully next week he is off on tuesday so i can do it.

TP

Smash Master
While you guys will be having fun smashing together tomorrow, I'm going to be at a Chemistry test, probably the hardest one I have ever taken.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MetalMusicMan

lol Chemistry...

I took that in Highschool (way back when I wasn't 50 years old) and I was like "ooh this will be fun, I'll play with chemicals!"

... then I got into the class and realized it was just a ****tier version of Math... I HATE MATH!!! ... and Chemistry too, I found out! lmfao.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
heh my friend from high school and I always argue about quant vs. humanities

I'm a finance major

He's pre law

He complains math and science are difficult, useless, and confusing
I say I'd rather have a definite right answer than an answer that took hours of work and may get a bad grade because of the prof's subjective view on it

I took British history with him and he took 3 weeks and 40 hours to write the final paper. I wrote it the night before it was due starting at 11pm ending at 3 am.

guess who got the better grade in the class?

HUMANITIES ARE BULL$HI7!

/rant

anyways, to make this smash related, you guys liked my brownies last time right?
because i still have about 3 baking pans worth of them.

smash+rock band Friday?

Radium88

Smash Lord
Sorry Luke but if I'm going to pick up Tmacc tomorrow, it'd be waaay too much out of my way to pick up both of you plus he's going to VGbootcamp.

MetalMusicMan

i main snake now too milk...
Chang your avatar and character head, noob!

Seriously though tonight is gonna be hella practice time!!!!

We should do lots of sets. We don't need to necessarily do a bracket, but we should trade off sets with counter picking and all that as we play, in doubles and singles.

MetalMusicMan

Steve, you should watch the first segment of Alex Valle's 3 videos that I posted in the SF section of my forum. The first one really pertains to you and your character choices :p

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I main Snake now too guys.
:p
Seriously though, I think Luke is gonna have a pretty legit Snake. I look forward to have having it, as Luke has told me many times now, **** me. I mean seriously, who doesn't want to get ***** by a man's man like Snake? >.>

Cook

Smash Master
Hey guys I was gonna not come again tonight because I have homeworklolololoolooll that I have to do but I guess I'll still go ahead and come anyway since I said I would and I haven't forever plus Olimar sucks and I suck even more with him because Brawl is gay and requires more camping than I want to do so I need to hellas practice with him tonight if I want to even win a match this weekend plus me and Will need to practice doubles and I actually look forward to that because doubles is still fun and plus I'll get to use MKKK to beat the black Corey and hey Will did I tell you me and Raaazor got third in teams and beat some good teams including Nappy and Breezy who beat Joker and Razor last time and got first and we also beat Joker and Nicole and some other teams including DOUBLE SONIC which was actually really annoying so we dd pretty good and our losses were very close but a difference with you and me is that me and RRRRRRRAZOR used Oli+MK because he is better with MK than DDD but I bet me and you will do MK+DDD because I think you are better with DDD than MK but it's a fun team and I think we can do pretty good because you're good at teams and I can tornado and stuff and this post makes me think I'm David wtf.

Top Bottom