• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
lol wtf andrew.

also yeah, I'm pretty sure DeDeDe + MK is pretty ****ed good, plus I **** people and stuff and so do you, so we should ralalalalalalalalalalape pretty well together.

Cook

Smash Master
It's something you can't do lolololooololoooooooool!

Breezy beat Skizm's ICs at Joker's, too. GANON VS ICS IS 91:1!!!!!

I'm gonna go Ganon against you if we ever play in tournament.

Plus Snake is br0k3n so br0k3n char+tURRuble char=good team because it's BR0K3NN!

Ganon can choke>d-smash Olimar so that makes it like 70:30 for Ganon and Snake can't lose to MK because Joker beat Domo in crews and Nappy won singles.

I rest my case.

MetalMusicMan

Cookie, when did you become David? lol. Also, why is your name no longer blue?

You better show up tonight so we can practice, noob! I hope your play style matches mine as well as CBK's did... however I am slightly afraid that we might clash and pwn each other, lmfao.

Cook

Smash Master
David is my inspiration and sole chance for survival in this world.

I took away my blue name because I decided I wanted to live amongst the people, not secluded in my high tower. Perhaps after my pilgrimage I will bring it back. I have the ability, but lack the drive. I haven't had a tournament in forever and probably won't run any more, so I don't want to mislead.

What did CBK do? I can do that! Razor worked well with me because he was great at being offensive for me and keeping people off me when I was in trouble. That made Oli+MK a really good team, but I dunno how well that would work with you because you aren't as good as him at being aggressive with MK. Though other teams complained that we were both really campy... so maybe I don't even know how we played.

Cook

Smash Master
We sucked.

Nicole fought Clel after you. She took his first stock, then lost one, then lost another, then got him to like 170, then got spiked at like 80 and died. Then Razor lost two stocks before finally killing Clel at 250+. Then Domo took Razor's last stock. Joker beat Razor with one stock left, then took a stock off Steeler before losing his last one. So KS was left with Steeler having 2 stocks and Zeton having 3. So Joker was our MVP, followed by you taking 3 stocks, then me and Se'kou taking 2, then Nicole and Razor each only taking 1. I think we could have done better, but me, Nicole, and Razor all sucked...

Cook

Smash Master
Pretty much. I shouldn't have been jumping around so much when I had Holms up around 150% (and shouldn't have gotten gimped my first stock), Nicole shouldn't have gotten spiked, and we should have put Joker in instead of Razor to finish off Clel. Maybe should have put you in before me, also. I dunno, I hope that we get to do crews again sometime because I always end up sucking in them and I'd like to do good for once.

MetalMusicMan

We can play DeDeDe / MK or MK / Oli. I shouldn't need to be fully aggressive as MK with Oli, I should just need to be supportive, which is what I'm used to as MK in teams. I don't think Oli needs hardly any help on stage, just off, which would make him very similar to Link.

If your MK can handle it, I think DeDeDe / MK would be a lot better, though. I would prefer that team, but both are probably good. You don't need to be super aggressive, you just need to keep them from doing what they want / push them to me. You also need to tornado everyone if they try to pressure me.

Also, I think that what you faced at Joker's was probably not as varied or difficult as what was at Hot Dickings... but I could be wrong, since I didn't go to the last Joker's.

Cook

Smash Master
Olimar definitely needs help onstage, anytime he is getting pressured. Just like DDD probably does. Olimar can get completely ***** really quickly onstage without help. That's why me and Nicole do bad, because Peach isn't fast enough to save me.

MetalMusicMan

Olimar definitely needs help onstage, anytime he is getting pressured. Just like DDD probably does. Olimar can get completely ***** really quickly onstage without help. That's why me and Nicole do bad, because Peach isn't fast enough to save me.
Well right, he needs a big fat tornado when / if people try to gang **** him. That's about it.

Nicole

Smash Champion
This page is back to normal, but on the previous page, I felt like I was reading a James Joyce novel.

You know, stream of consciousness, where nothing makes sense.

Also, Corey and I are going to ralalalalalape anyone we play in teams tonight, probably, unless I suck again, in which case, only Corey will ralalalalape you guys...
(isn't that a bold, manly threat for me to make? You all are probably a little intimidated)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
actually joker took two stocks off me. after squirtle took his stock to 100%+, i just wanted ivy to chip at joker for 50% or so more damage before zard came in on a fresh stock for the KO.

also crews at NK3! better believe it, we got two days to work it in somewhere. :)

Blitzbolt_

Smash Cadet
heh my friend from high school and I always argue about quant vs. humanities

I'm a finance major

He's pre law

He complains math and science are difficult, useless, and confusing
I say I'd rather have a definite right answer than an answer that took hours of work and may get a bad grade because of the prof's subjective view on it

I took British history with him and he took 3 weeks and 40 hours to write the final paper. I wrote it the night before it was due starting at 11pm ending at 3 am.

guess who got the better grade in the class?

HUMANITIES ARE BULL$HI7!

/rant

anyways, to make this smash related, you guys liked my brownies last time right?
because i still have about 3 baking pans worth of them.

smash+rock band Friday?
this. complaining something is difficult and confusing is not legit. lol "useless" obviously depends on your major.

also, your brownies were delicious

TP

Smash Master
Binyan, I wanna play Melee today or tomorrow if you have a spare couple hours. It's time I got legitimately good at that game.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Binyan, I wanna play Melee today or tomorrow if you have a spare couple hours. It's time I got legitimately good at that game.
lol cool story bro

in other news, my smash controller is still missing from the gayest tourney ever so im gonna quit playing smash. or at least i would if i didnt have to play as research for my term paper.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
lol cool story bro

in other news, my smash controller is still missing from the gayest tourney ever so im gonna quit playing smash. or at least i would if i didnt have to play as research for my term paper.
Surely you have more than one controller.

I've never bought a controller in my life and I have like three of them for some reason.

You can have one if you don't find the lost one.

Nuris

Smash Lord
yeah, i have others, but i was really comfortable playing with that one, and the fact that it was stolen after using it for nearly 2 years is pretty disheartening.

i will be fine using my other controllers, but it just wont be the same :cry:

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
wow your controllers last up to 2 years?

I trash those things in 6 months EZPZ not on purpose its just cuz i like to throw it when i lose

that and errol breaks soooo manyyyy. hes like a dumb gorilla

Nuris

Smash Lord
well im a pretty calm player and i play jigglypuff
controller should last forever

anyone play today/tomorrow? could be fun :D

Top Bottom