• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

darkatma

Smash Hero
I don't even believe you wrote that David. The post made sense and wasn't in gibberish.

Also, everyone in the STL area that plays brawl...here is a haiku.
We are bad at smash.
The East coast is pretty good.
We should get better.

Like seriously though, we're bad. DISCUSS!
lolllll
I'll get us started
Sooo, St Louis Smashers Brawlers can't even get top 5 10 at their home tournies.
go :D

Lixivium

Smash Champion
lolllll
I'll get us started
Sooo, St Louis Smashers Brawlers can't even get top 5 10 at their home tournies.
go :D
Melee is worse.

Two of our best players didn't even show up for Singles. (Three if you count Deku)

Our best placer (you) is a transplant who hates the Midwest.

The other Top 10 placer (me) got insanely lucky in brackets.

So yeah St. Louis Smashers suck in tourneys.

But we are still better than Peoria/Springfield.

darkatma

Smash Hero
wait 2 of our best players?

geno and... zig?
It's not Ziggie's fault he's stuck in some random EC school where he can only play luigis (ookay it kinda is)
Geno doesn't like singles, but I swear he could do so well if he just had a little bit more practice

Also, I just complain about the midwest and have a lot of California pride, I definitely still like St Louis Smashers (and IHOP, which burned down) I just wish we'd all get together more often and improve and stuff

And you mean insanely unlucky in bracket, because you had to play me, and would've beaten anyone else lol

/end monologue

edit: oh yeah but we are worse than St Louis Brawl because we lost our girl smasher. Who STILL hasn't visited yet

Lixivium

Smash Champion
wait 2 of our best players?

geno and... zig?
It's not Ziggie's fault he's stuck in some random EC school where he can only play luigis (ookay it kinda is)
Geno doesn't like singles, but I swear he could do so well if he just had a little bit more practice
No I'm talking about Toga. At least Zig is thousands of miles away. Geno Toga and Deku were just being emo and there are no johns for them.

Also, I just complain about the midwest and have a lot of California pride, I definitely still like St Louis Smashers (and IHOP, which burned down) I just wish we'd all get together more often and improve and stuff
Geno and I've been playing Melee a long time. I can't speak for him, but I know I get bored of it quite easily, especially since I feel as though I've only gotten worse now that I have a setup.

Plus we're all busy (I probably spend more time playing Melee than I should anyway) and people not having cars doesn't make things any easier.

And you mean insanely unlucky in bracket, because you had to play me, and would've beaten anyone else lol
I played two spacies who didn't know the IC matchup in winners, and if it wasn't for Lain "powering up" I doubt I could have beaten BigD or Zeus. You have no idea how bad I was playing that day.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Melee is worse.
debatable, I'd say in relation to other, nearby communities... it's close
Two of our best players didn't even show up for Singles. (Three if you count Deku)
yeah, :(
Our best placer (you) is a transplant who hates the Midwest.
yeah, :(
The other Top 10 placer (me) got insanely lucky in brackets.
there is no "Top 10", only top 12 and top 8 (for most tournaments, at least)
So yeah St. Louis Smashers suck in tourneys.
yeah, what a bunch of noobs :p
*boo* this means war, and I never teamed with this guy :'(
I still wanna practice with you guys before SMYM though :\

"our girl smasher" = Sam?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'll show you.
but yo I've been practicing really hard and I never stop improving and I'm gunna be STL soon..once I get here I will try my hardest to meet up at least once a week for seriouslies. STL can run midwest in the future

Teh Future

Smash Master
I dont even go to tourneys and I placed higher than everycat who had better seeds than me cause I didnt try in pewls (cept nicole)

Step it up indeed STL. your best smasher is a girl ololoolololoololloloolloloo

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I still wanna practice with you guys before SMYM though :\

"our girl smasher" = Sam?
I'll show you.
but yo I've been practicing really hard and I never stop improving and I'm gunna be STL soon..once I get here I will try my hardest to meet up at least once a week for seriouslies. STL can run midwest in the future
Too bad I'll have quit Smash by then. Best of luck to you and everyone else still playing.

I want to go to SMYM as a last hurrah but I'm just not sure yet.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol nicole I just copy and pasted the video discription the video is soooo pro

vgbootcamp seems kinda............................ meh at running this stuff lol. Sunday tourneys. videos from pound 4 still isn't up. no results thread. They need to step it up as well imo

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I really want to go to SMYM and I REALLY want to practice. Anyone available later today?

As for why I didn't play singles at the STL tourny, I ended up getting the flu.... I went to bed as soon as I got home and felt worse when I woke up. =( so I definitely wouldn't have been at my A game anyway had I decided to stay.

Also, Binyan your in luck!!!!!!

The IHOP is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I'm free after 9pm tonight, and might be a bit during the day as well. If we do have a smash get-together we should definitely do IHOP.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I'm still debating on that Tmacc. I mean I want to go and probably will but I have some other things I need to do too so I don't think I can pick you up today.

About getting better. I think we should start doing more mini-tournies at Will's or something like that. It sucks that everyone else is like more than 2 hours away from us so we can't exactly have monthlies or bi-weeklies or anything else more than smashfests. But how about that? Moar $1 tournies like before?!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Geno has time? OMG this is like a solar eclipse.

I should find some time for this.

Nicole

Smash Champion
vgbootcamp seems kinda............................ meh at running this stuff lol. Sunday tourneys. videos from pound 4 still isn't up. no results thread. They need to step it up as well imo
inorite? sunday tournament...pretty sure i was playing a singles bracket match at 10:30 or 11pm, and i had only played one other match. i don't think any of us actually cared how we did in singles that tournament because we wanted to go home. andrew and i got back to columbia at 5am. i could've stayed in bracket longer, but i didn't want to half as much as i usually do, pretty sure we all felt that way. anyway, i'm never going to a sunday tourney again, BUT it could've been run so much more efficiently, i might've actually enjoyed it.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
About getting better. I think we should start doing more mini-tournies at Will's or something like that. It sucks that everyone else is like more than 2 hours away from us so we can't exactly have monthlies or bi-weeklies or anything else more than smashfests. But how about that? Moar $1 tournies like before?!
I used to try to do $1 or practice tournaments all the time. The last like 6 months, every time I try to do them, almost everyone just groans or complains and doesn't want to. :\ I would like to do more as well, but it has seemed like no one is interested and it makes people not even want to come when I try to do that.

It's really lame, actually... but since the majority always act that way, I haven't even bothered to do them recently. Honestly I feel like they help improve you A LOT and I feel like I am rustier right now because of us not doing them for the last 6 months at least :\

inorite? sunday tournament...pretty sure i was playing a singles bracket match at 10:30 or 11pm, and i had only played one other match. i don't think any of us actually cared how we did in singles that tournament because we wanted to go home. andrew and i got back to columbia at 5am. i could've stayed in bracket longer, but i didn't want to half as much as i usually do, pretty sure we all felt that way. anyway, i'm never going to a sunday tourney again, BUT it could've been run so much more efficiently, i might've actually enjoyed it.

Yeah, this is the only Sunday tournament I have ever really gone to-- I always try to avoid them because it's so stupid and ****s your whole week up. I definitely could have done better in bracket if I wasn't out of my mind with stage selection because I wasn't thinking right... or maybe if, you know, I didn't ****ing fight against Cookie in my second match.

Good **** though beating me in tournament for the first time, Cookie. I have been feeling you getting better against my poopy-***** Falco for a while and knowing this day would come :p I shouldn't have played you on FD like a 'tard the first game, but I think you would have still won if I didn't, it just would have been a close last stock like our last game on BF.

I think Falco / Oli is very dependent on the first match, though.

chewyy

Smash Ace
we're going to have a tournament in champaign sometime relatively soon. You guys should come and get better here!
What weekend would be good for anyone interested?

MetalMusicMan

Oh ****, I think we both forgot about that. Cause we both thought it was the first time he beat me :p

You're right though, he did beat me there. I think I used MK against him then?

Nicole

Smash Champion
we're going to have a tournament in champaign sometime relatively soon. You guys should come and get better here!
What weekend would be good for anyone interested?
sounds cool.

don't make it on march 13-14, because that's when NOKOAST is, and i think we're all planning on going to that. otherwise, i can't think of any upcoming tournaments, maybe the first weekend of march would be good?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Okay, well if Rauleen can't come and get me tonight, can anyone else who is leaving from the St. Louis area? I really want to go.

Also, to Rauleen and Will, I plan on spotting you some gas money for the tourny rides. I just have to wait till I get paid, should be sometime this week. Just FYI.

Cook

Smash Master
Everyone complaining about Sunday tourneys: No Koast is on Saturday and Sunday, so we get to have another Sunday tourney again!

Chewwy: I would prefer last weekend of March (27th) because there is a tournament in KS on the 13th and probably one in IA on the 20th. The one in IA hasn't confirmed the date yet, though. Anyway, if it is on the weekend in March that isn't the same as IA's tourney then I'll for sure go.

Will: Just use DDD against me; I lost to Coney. Actually, Coney knocked out three Olimars, including Logic. :psycho: It's unwinnable for Olimar, clearly. And I thought MK was bad...

MetalMusicMan

Will: Just use DDD against me; I lost to Coney. Actually, Coney knocked out three Olimars, including Logic. :psycho: It's unwinnable for Olimar, clearly. And I thought MK was bad...
lol, Falco is still better against Olimar than DeDeDe is though. I don't like anyone vs Olimar, however. Every matchup with an Olimar is a dumb matchup, whether it's an advantage or disadvantage, it's always dumb.

Top Bottom