• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I don't remember trash talking you. At SMYM 7 I thought you had the coolest hair ever.

D:
No sir, I meant trash talking CHAMPIONS, not just people who are like "lul zz"

You are a champion.

Also, this MIB thing looks crazy. I wonder if any event will come closer to st.louis?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
lol
if there was a melee tournament that was actually a melee tourney, then i would bring a copy of melee
oh but that's after school ends so i can't bring 5 tvs again
I want me some darkatma. I haven't played the newer st. louis folks.

Teh Future

Smash Master
^I thought being good was a requirement for sandbagging though ololoo

Mew2king is moving to the midwest for this smash league.
lolwat?

Also I just realized I still haven't asked off work next weekend D: so imma go do that now.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol mah manager said it "should be fine."

I guess that's a yah im goin fur sur.

edit:

something is funny. I Might be in midwest during July to Jan LOL M2K it's showtime!
midwest is obviously going to be the best region now with M2k, Ally, Lain, Anther, and me (ololo)

TP

Smash Master
**** I wouldn't mind hosting one of these events, as long as I'd have some help.
The eternal problem of hosting a major event in St. Louis is that we have no cheap way of housing people from far away. We could have people spend the night at our houses- OH WAIT, WE'RE COLLEGE-BASED. We could get a really good discount at a hotel- OH WAIT, WE DON'T LIVE IN A HOTEL LIKE INUI. So unfair.

Solve the housing issue, and you will find many people more than happy to help you with anything else.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'm ashamed at the lack of innovation. At WashU, there are HELL OF COMMON ROOMS to use. As long as we launder people appropriately maybe it will work?

MAYBE??

Also, I thought there were cheap motels everywhere....

Not that I use them frequently. Hey, what I do on weekends is none of your concern!!!!

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
To whomever is doing st.louis housing...

There may be anywhere between 2-5ish of us. Maybe even six if st.louis gets its act together. Is this okay?
St.Louis were such gracious guests last time so my parents have agreed to house them again for this.
Stealth Raptor you're relieved of Liason duty. Yes, I'm housing St. Louis for Event 52.

Y'all earned it at the last E-52, for convincing my parents that smashers aren't a big bunch of rowdy scoundrels. Needed convincing, they. They're much more willing to house this time.

My house is at [ 12611 W. 81st Terr Lenexa KS 66215 ] Which is just a 12 minute straight down the road drive to the venue. Can stay 2 nights and arrive whenever. May not have enough material to keep 6-7 people off the floor, but 5 'beds' is easy enough for me to provide.

Zigzag I was being pretty ******** that night at Fino's house in Olathe, where I met you. I'd like to apologise.

Radium88

Smash Lord
The eternal problem of hosting a major event in St. Louis is that we have no cheap way of housing people from far away. We could have people spend the night at our houses- OH WAIT, WE'RE COLLEGE-BASED. We could get a really good discount at a hotel- OH WAIT, WE DON'T LIVE IN A HOTEL LIKE INUI. So unfair.

Solve the housing issue, and you will find many people more than happy to help you with anything else.

Well I'm sure some of use have our own places and can help with some of the housing. I wouldn't mind housing people but I'd have to talk to my roomies first. *ahem* You know who you are. If it's to help start up the StL tournies, I'm totally down for it.

TP

Smash Master
Well I'm sure some of use have our own places and can help with some of the housing. I wouldn't mind housing people but I'd have to talk to my roomies first. *ahem* You know who you are. If it's to help start up the StL tournies, I'm totally down for it.
Every little bit helps, but a large event (like MiB League large) would probably have about 50 people who needed housing (my rough estimate). We would need like 10 people who can say they can handle it.

Then there is the issue of a venue. Ogre's might work, but we may need something bigger. I looked up the rates for renting parts of the City Museum, which would be the most awesome venue in the history of forever. Sadly, the costs are prohibitive to the extreme.

However, there is one solution. All we need is for someone to put a wedge in one of the doors at SLUH and stop it from closing all the way. Then we can sneak in there and have it to ourselves for a weekend. The entire tournament, including sleeping, can be done in the halls.

Someone think of a legal solution, please. I want a major tournament here, as I'm sure you all do.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Okay so I have a big exam tomorrow which means that I'm super productive at doing other things. After scouring the blagosphere for possible venues (like 4 google searches lol) I think I may be on to something :D Still gotta check pricing and other stuff, but it looks good so I'll run it by Kyle and others tomorrow.

As far as housing, betches just need to man up and make some floor space. Seriously, the twins hosted like 12+ people with less room than I have in my common room alone. We can do this guys. Just gotta put in some demn effort instead of johning about it on smashboards.

This post is inspired by:

the central part of the MW has always been the MW even since melee. no one further out then ppl like darkrain ever went anywhere for tournys(that had good competition and then placed well), because he had motivation and drive to be a competative smasher. this league is for the competative smasher. so how about u far reaching MWerners(that a word?) step ur game up and show us why u deserve to be called MW. MW PRIDE WHAAAT!?!

i mean honestly, the only good well known players in melee from the MW were like eddie, drephen, darkrain, vidjo, tink, an myself, people who traveled all over all the time because smash is too fun an we all wanted to be the best, it was a different community back then, a young community. in brawl the most dominant players soo far is anther and lain it seems like, they are both from MI and they both travel all the time, and both place consistantly well, and win most events they go to. now ppl will say(omg i have school omg its too hard to get off work omg 5 hours is too far to drive) when melee was peeking i was working 2 jobs, goin to school, on probation, an still made the time to go out of state for tournys, and do well w/o having a GC for like 4 years LOL

so basically what it comes down to....is no johns my far MW brothers, man up an gtfo to some tournys an **** some kids =p

btw banning MK is gay LOL but other than that, i like this idea of a league in the MW. makes me wanna buy a wii with my taxes =p
they didnt... LOL every tourny i went to from 16 y/o to 21 was technically a jailable offense ROFL

and they found out i was playing the MLGs and didnt let me go to vegas for the finals 2 years in a row, even tho they let me go to some of the qualifiers and i qualified to go to the finals both years =( =( =(

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Since I'm one of the few people with an actual apartment I'd be able to house maybe 5-6 people. It's a rather small space though.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I think the venue would be the most difficult to find, just because everything is at least $1000 a night :(
Gotta call up some hotels...

Edit: Does anyone know someone who lives in St. Charles????

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Zigzag I was being pretty ******** that night at Fino's house in Olathe, where I met you. I'd like to apologise.
To be honest, I dont even remember which one of the people i met was Perfect Duck. How were you being ********? I remember mostly everyone from that little get together being really cool, save myself for sucking so much *** that night in brawl.

Also, when we did the last circuit tourny, Geno did all of the housing. I dont know how that would work in this post where-the-hell-is-geno world.

darkatma

Smash Hero
perfect duck is the best host ever
YOU (and being able to see mango again) are the main reason I really want to go to this event 52
I don't think i'll be able to make it this time though =[ gotta get back home for a few weeks to visit people before i come back here.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
he was the rob user in brawl, and the fox/sheik user in melee. he had long black hair lol
I have a HORRIBLE time with names. I have been to so many tournaments in my smash career...I always get someone coming up to me after I just played 10 different people in a row saying something like, "ZIG! I played you once in Iowa two years ago, remember me?!?!" Then I feel like an ***.

I liked everyone in Kansas/Kansas City. thanks perfect duck for all the help with this tourny, and no need to apologize for...whatever.

EDIT: Thinkaman, wear these:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This makes me so happy, I could write a story.

But I won't.

Today at 6pm people! I even have cups! And drinks! And napkins!

W.I.L.D., watch out!

Radium88

Smash Lord
I think the venue would be the most difficult to find, just because everything is at least $1000 a night :(
Gotta call up some hotels...

Edit: Does anyone know someone who lives in St. Charles????

I know someone who lives in St. Charles atm!!!!!!!

ME

Now what the f*** do you want Phil?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Can I get some sort of head-count on how many people to expect? Who is interested in stopping by?

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Kyle, you might have cups and drinks...
BUT DO YOU GOT PRODUCT?!?!?

Dr. R knows all about product, and if you don't deliver, he'll have you sent off the bridge in a bus.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Lol by promptly at 6 you know I mean 7:30 because I'm always late to everything.

Edit: Nvm I'm leaving now. If anyone at Wash U or nearby wants to bum a ride call me soon. 617-959-4517 ask for Phil.

Top Bottom