• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I almost punched a stripper once if that counts for anything.

I can't wait for Kahoka. My boys Legan and Thinka will be there =D (**** the rest of you guys! >=O)

Cook

Smash Master
I almost punched a stripper once if that counts for anything.

I can't wait for Kahoka. My boys Legan and Thinka will be there =D (**** the rest of you guys! >=O)
I told a stripper she was too skinny for me and she hated me the rest of the night. Then another one broke my underwear. Then I had to get in a shower on stage with one wearing only boxers and my dong came out for all to see. It was a good birthday.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Wait, isn't Legan a stripper?
Where the hell have I been at?

Also I have a Gamebridge too, if anyone has a lappy with XP on it that wants to bring it next weekend, I can record one of the set ups.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I want to play MentokJebus' Peach and just beat it over and over

Good luck to everyone going to Kahoka

Nicole

Smash Champion
You St. Louis losers are all going to LOSE. I mean, you might win SOME matches, but you will ultimately LOSE the Tournament! NONE OF YOU WILL GET FIRST!!!!

I say this because you are all terrible people. Except for Thinkaman, but he uses Jigglypuff, I mean, he's not gonna win ****. :laugh:

(Also I miss you guys! Oh yeah, and HYPE!!)

Nuris

Smash Lord
Instead of voicing the Banshee they should have just left in his original audio.

Cook

Smash Master
The St. Louis people won't lose every match, but they won't win many and of course we know they won't get first but I don't think they'll even get like 13th or whatever.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Wait, isn't Legan a stripper?
Where the hell have I been at?

Also I have a Gamebridge too, if anyone has a lappy with XP on it that wants to bring it next weekend, I can record one of the set ups.
Does Vista count? I could bring mine if it does, though with a laptop I would be more than a little worried about it being stolen.

Also, still waiting on that address thing. This is tomorrow (!!!) so I really need to get all the details together and figure out what I'm doing. Likewise, should I bring a set up or just a partial set up (that is, just the Wii which is much smaller than the TV)? I figure I should bring the Wii either way so the tournament has one more console with infinite replays. This tournament needs to put out a million videos so we can show everyone how amazing our region is.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I wanna' say no on Vista, but I think there is a patch to make it work on Vista.
I'll look around tonight.
My new com I'm getting will have Vista, so here's to hoping.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I want to play MentokJebus' Peach and just beat it over and over

Good luck to everyone going to Kahoka
In that case you should play spacies or puff. Rob and Book give me enough Peach v. Ganon and Peach v. Falcon already.

Nuris

Smash Lord
^Lixi mains Icies and Luigi, but could play Fox/Shiek, too.

Anyone want to play before/while we study all weekend???

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Okay, I searched way back in the topic (discovering that Thinkaman has ~1 million posts in it), and I found his address (6600 Washington Avenue), but it's pretty far from where my ride lives. Is it possible you could meet up with me somewhat further south? We'd probably be getting in town at ~3:30. I'd really appreciate it; I don't want to majorly inconvenience him...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
In that case you should play spacies or puff. Rob and Book give me enough Peach v. Ganon and Peach v. Falcon already.
Well I already won with Falcon, Marth, ICs and Luigi, I'm sure I could win with Ganon if I really really tried hard.

But you know what you're right, Fox should have a turn next time, and maybe Sheik and Dr. Mario and Pikachu and...*rubs palms*

Edit: Yes I'll definitely play tomorrow. Chezzles if you're coming, bring your Gamebridge so we can try it out this time.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
wtf st louis is the closed place with an airport that services united ailines to kahoka!? how the hell am i gonna get there...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
*wakes up*

Alright, here's the deal. I am demoing my game at ~4:30 at Wash U, in the CEC. There will be free pizza.

My game is actually amazing, and the other two games this year aren't bad. It would be worth coming to, especially for everyone actually at Wash U. Did I mention the free pizza?

I will be working on this project non-stop until that time. I'm probably not going to sleep, and I'm not going to have time for anything else. Typing this is my break!

Ampharos, I have no idea what South County is, and Google doesn't seem to either. However, I am guessing it is South of St. Louis, and way out of everyone's way. See if you can get dropped off at a metrolink station. With a small amount of cash, you can take the metrolink to wash u, where I can direct you easily to my place. The South-most Metrolink Station is Shrewsbury Lansdowne I-44. You would take this to depending on how you come into town, this might be on the way or slightly off the path, I dunno, but it looks pretty accessible. You would take it to Big Bend, which is across the corner from Wash U.

Although I don't have time to fetch you or anyone else today, I will be more than happy to guide you here and give you a place to hang out. Please reply ASAP. I'll PM you my number.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Well I already won with Falcon, Marth, ICs and Luigi, I'm sure I could win with Ganon if I really really tried hard.

But you know what you're right, Fox should have a turn next time, and maybe Sheik and Dr. Mario and Pikachu and...*rubs palms*

Edit: Yes I'll definitely play tomorrow. Chezzles if you're coming, bring your Gamebridge so we can try it out this time.
Lixi, you're making it sound so one-sided :(. Whats the fun in repeatedly beating up on someone who is pretty ****ty at the game?

Are you guys playing tomorrow? if so when/where? I may stop by for a few

Nuris

Smash Lord
Yesssss I can't wait. I dunno where we're gonna play but it's gonna happen.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Okay, I guess that is the plan. My road to Kahoka is now even more complex!

I was actually getting concerned over being ignored, but I guess you were busy with something silly like actual work. Thanks for that support; it will have to work (I forgot that St. Louis has real public transit, must unlike, say, Kansas City). I'll call you if I have navigational difficulties beyond that though hopefully not. I also hope you live pretty close to that other station since it's going to be the good old shoe leather express taking me the last bit of the way (I don't mind walking though).

I'll see you then I guess.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi, you're making it sound so one-sided :(. Whats the fun in repeatedly beating up on someone who is pretty ****ty at the game?
Actually I only say that because your Peach is pretty decent and worth beating; you're right, I wouldn't enjoy beating up on a crappy Peach. Nor would I enjoy beating up on any other character as much as I would Peach. Don't take it personally.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Hey, Amazing Ampharos, if at any point you get lost along your journey, and can't reach Kyle or anyone else, you can call me at 617-959-4517. I can help with directions and maybe a ride, too if you aren't too far away.

Chezzles, I don't think Atma will be there. He's probably studying (facebooking) like crazy for finals like we all should be, too.

I want to play nowwww
When does everyone want to start playing? I'm thinking after I wreck some free pizza and some noobs at Kyles thing.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Lol Nuris. Aight then, well if anyone can bring a blank CD tonight we should be able to get the gamebridge working.

And I have an exam at 6 today, so I can't play until after 8. Wish I could make your thing Kyle, but you know...final johns.

darkatma

Smash Hero
i don't know where the cd is lol
i can play today
my tech skill is amazing
so is my sheik somehow
where and when?

(i don't know where the cd is so i might just bring a blank, but someone else bring one too just in case)

edits:
lol@ phil
can't predict me very well, I mindgame him pretty hard :D

doubledit:
kyle I'd go to your thing but I have a chem lab review session at 4:30
worst spacing ever

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Well, whenever you guys want to play I'm down. Just call b/c i don't know where it's going down

301-693-8085

Lixivium

Smash Champion
So...are we going to play at the CEC thing or are we going to play on the South 40 later? Should I bring my notebook with XP?

Top Bottom