• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

Veril

Frame Savant

I've included the default vBrawl path in yellow, and just a quick suggestion in gray. (Ignore the numbers.) You'll notice that the range at 2-3 o'clock isn't actually as good as it could be due to the straight line interpolation of hitboxes. By placing a frame there you could improve the range there where it's supposed to be effective while reducing the lower hitbox area.
Shell2good!

Seriously though this is a great option.

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't know when you got the impression that I wasn't fixing the animation. As to the "lazy" part, well, aside from it being based on a false assumption and obviously bs (as those who actually work with me know)... w/e you don't know what you're talking about. There isn't much else to say.

I believe he meant fixing the animation to fix the hitbox problem, and not the tinkering the animation for the sake of the hitbox. I think the latter was what we originally wanted to do but I could be wrong.
Bingo, basically if you read the Marth fair thread, I was the one who said to fix the animation via BBox editing (which then shell posted a GFX of). I was proposing Shell's fix as the ideal solution and calling you guys out for ignoring animation editing to fix the problem cleanly. The exact idea you praise in the post above me was my idea! So very ignorant, right?

Edit: And yes, shell is too good

Veril

Frame Savant
I didn't ignore animation editing, I just wasn't aware of it as an option in this case (in b4 "Veril is mediocre at coding" which is old news) and "fix the animation" wasn't especially clear. Obviously I read the marth fair thread since I quoted directly from it. Shell explained the idea a ton better than you, and wasn't obnoxious about it. I read this thread with your vague and annoying "Or you can do it right and fix the animation" before seeing Viet's fair thread in the wbr. After seeing Shell's post and reading through Viet's OP the idea made sense and seemed completely reasonable. You jumped the gun and assumed I would shoot the idea down, which I didn't.

Its a good idea.

And if we ever meet in a tourney... MM for any reasonable some of money (up to 100 or whatever I have on me at the time). It'll be the "laziness" MM. Get at me. Heck, I'll be up in Mass to visit Cape, OBM, Yami, etc... if you're in Boston this could happen.

shanus

Smash Hero
It seems like people are taking a real lazy approach to the topic at hand, simply removing two frames of a hitbox instead of fixing the animation at hand. I'm not even sure a 1 frame insertion at the start is the proper method. Why not readjust the swing animation to cover slightly more ground at the start, and less towards the end while removing the end hitbox. Then terminate the hitbox on the problem end frame and he can still approach, and voila, the camping "problem" hitbox is gone.
I thought that was pretty clear, and I was voicing my concern over the fact that B+ hasn't at all considered the option of rebuilding an animation. Don't think I could have been more clear cut, but you were right that I made the assumption you would read that before this. I should have just copy pasta'd that post here instead of my snide remark, but I personally greatly dislike the "whine whine whine" nonsense and took the immature road of fighting with fire.

On a sep. note, I'd do a MM. I don't know what we'd do it in though, I play strictly P:M and melee now ;-)

Or when SC2 comes out, SC2 MM!!! Did you get beta yet or install the cracked one?

Veril

Frame Savant
I'd do a MM. I don't know what we'd do it in though, I play strictly P:M and melee now ;-)
Unfortunate. I don't play much melee these days, I really dislike not having the option of altering my control scheme and I use such a heavily altered one that melee messes up my B+ game. I would play P:M, but the codeset I have is OOOOOLLLLD. I offered to help balance your throws out but never got access to a new set to check out :( And I'm not MMing in a game I haven't played, no matter how confident I am in B+.

If a stable P:M existed and was available I would totally be down.

Anyway, Marth mains, it looks like we may finally be able to put this issue to rest without any of you wanting to murder me in my sleep (Jigglypuff puns ftw!).

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
Wait, just so I'm sure, the fair change in the picture IS the one that's going to be done right? If that's the case, then I can't wait to try it. It solves every issue, and the move really won't feel any different.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
The change will be voted on, it is not official yet. There's a big difference.

I will say that the response to this by the Marth mains is certainly encouraging, but this is still undergoing testing.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
No I want YOU to test it out. I don't need to be wasting time playing Marth when I have you and I need all the time I can afford to perfect my Falco/Sonic/Zard play anyway.

But you're probably busy with WoW instead :mad:

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
nah havent gotten a chance to if you guys *tried* to fix his fair i could test it out if thunderhorse brings over a copy of the new improved marth :x :070:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
CK thanks to your input we were able to decisively decide upon release of gold that...

you stink. >=[

why do marth players never post here

except me

obv :012:

proly gonna go over basic move stuff now that there's no excuse at all

...next week

spring break/morale week

yay~ :048:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Eh... Not in B+ unless his fair animation and hitboxes have been changed recently.

It could only outspace some of Marth's stuff in Melee due to its fully extended animation and disjoint, which are sadly lacking here. Marth's lost some range, too, but not as much as Oldmanondorf.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Why do you marth players think you can win? Ganondorf will just forward air you with perfect spacing.
because we have heart, xD's and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Oh, and overly dramatic people and kids that don't like to talk on phones.

obv :012:

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
pfft, you still cant win, Ill money match all of you if I see you in person. ...Then ill **** your family, its what ganon mains do.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I am going to experiment with using visual depictions over words on balance-sensitive topics to hopefully tone down bias; in particular, Marth.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well, in this case, wouldnt you compare the hitboxes of Ganon Fair and Marth Fair?

*i tried to get pics of when the hitbox was most stretched out horizontally. w/e lol.

ignore the yellow obv

also interesting to note a lot of marth's tip hitboxes always seem to be slightly off the sword glow effect where the tip "should" be

master trolling? proly.

artful and easy to appreciate? hell yes.

Top Bottom