• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Florida's SUPS *RESULTS UP*

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
my house is open for all...

call 954-888-9065 OR 954-624-5519

but let me warn you. I have 2 queen size beds, 1 full couch, and 2 small couches to sleep on, and the current housing list is:

jose from nicaragua
alfredo from nicaragua
lambchops
johnny
carlos
QDVS
rock crock
uber ice
and myself.

so bring something to sleep on if there's anyone else.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Man, what is it with swfl and being too lazy to sign in your own account? :laugh:

Anyways, I may need to crash with you the night after the tournament xif, depending on how late it goes, how tired I am, and what the others in my car want to do. Assuming you still have room anyways.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Counterpicks stages
-Peach's Castle
Um.. what? How about we go by MLG championship last year; the best, most recent & widely used (link):

Red means banned
Yellow means able to be counter-picked
Green means neutral (on random)

The top of a box represents Singles, the bottom of a box represents Doubles.
And I'll be driving to this, Fred will carpool with me, and possibly Duckles. I'm teaming with ÜberIce.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Ok, unfortunately, Skrach is not going either, he could not get off work (unless there has been/will be a sudden change of plans). So, 3 of us will go with Diego (His car holds 5, and he is taking his gf.) The other (probably me) will go with hiroshi/James/Pritch. Two of us might go to make it more comfortable for everyone...

So...What time should I come over tomorrow morning?!?!

Edit: I just thought of an alternative. You could also maybe pick me up on the way to pick James up. I have no idea whether I'm on the way or how far out of the way I am. ~This~ is my address. (My real house number is 141, not 629; all the house numbers in my neighborhood have recently been changed, but sites like mapquest have not changed, so you have to put in 600-700.) (If you still need help call one of the numbers below.)

My home phone number is 407-695-1631. (Although you cannot call tonight, my parents would get mad.) If you can call me tonight, try 407-461-3239 (My dad's cell) and ask for Colin. (I'll probably be up by 7:30-7:45 tomorrow morning.)

Edit: However, I did the multi-stop route thing on mapquest, and got this:

"A" being Kissimmee, FL, "B" being my house, "C" being Stetson, and "D" being SUPS. =P
So...I guess...Dop, OTRU, and Sheer Madness will go with Diego, and Hiroshi could pick me up at my house? If it's too far out of the way I can go to Louis's in the morning and you could pick me up from there if you want.

Edit: I just thought of another alternative. Why doesn't Pritch just get James, pick me up, pick up hiroshi, and then go to SUPS?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sorry Manko, SWFL is driving to XIF's tonight so we won't be here...good luck making it to the tourney if you get off work!!!

:colorful:
It's cool, I found out tonight that I'll be working anyway. Which I figured I would be.

good luck to all.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
k colin so we r all leaving with diego at 9am, if u wanna come with us u need to b at my place at 8am

johnny how about a MM $2 i play fox

yo doodah i want mad friendlies with u, yeah fox dittoes r gay so ill try sheik, not like shes not gay either tho lol... i play gay characters tru

jose n alfredo i wanna play against u guys hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo linguini i gotta run that **** back, ganon- fox matches truuuuuuuu

IM GONNA PWN!!! im a noob

Dop

Smash Journeyman
I would say everyone can stay at my house, which is roughly 10 minutes from the venue, but I will be in Hollywood tonight, sorry guys.

Plus Exarch isn't coming, so none of you matter(except Dopsies and Derfsies).

hollllyyyyywoooooooood

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Pritch it would be really awesome if you could pick me up, or else the four of us (me, dop, otru, sm) would have to sit in the back seat the entire way down there...

I am going to bed, so just call me in the morning, at like 7:00-7:45.
If I dont hear from you or hiroshi by then, I'll go to Joe's and go with Diego.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If Louis decides to go we still got 7 in one car which isnt going to happen. I dunno whats going to happen tomorrow but I hope everyone who wants to go gets to. :(

And Pritch thanks for offering the ride again. Its our fault if someone doesn't get to go since were pritty unorganized here.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
We got everything organized I think. Diego, gf, Ryan, Joe, and Aasem will go in Diego's car, hiroshi will pick me up at my place, ride to Deland, get pritch and hozart, then go to SUPS. If Louis decides to go, either Hiroshi will have to go out of his way to pick up another NT at Louis's, or there will be 4 ppl in the backseat of Diego's car. Good night, see everyone at the tourney.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
crap..whats going on!?!?...lol..well...i have just been informed by pritch that i am gonna pick up colin tomorrow morning....then go to jame's house...and then ride with pritch to SUPS...we'll get the rest settled in the morning i guess..i am gonna get some rest...since i have to wake up freakin early...peace

-hiroshi

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Hope to see all you **** tomorrow this will be my last tourny

for all of you who knew me and think i liked you, hollaaa *****es
for those i didnt know and probably didnt like, **** you

Linguini

Smash Master
No

1st-queen
2nd-xif
3rd-uber aiiiices
4th-johnny(own all of the above, but he was just sandbagging)

This tournament was mad fun and incase anyone was wondering i can still play smash, i just cant go to a tournament for a while, so im still in this **** people!!
BTW ill post shout-outs later, tired as hell...

OTRU...

Smash Champion
see queen u do win tourneys!!!!!!!! ur marth is too good, good team matches sux that i didnt get to play u one on one

good **** lime fury for the tourney

other shout outs later...

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Just finished driving 4 hours back to Gainesville. Pwned, 21 hours of awake-itude.

Singles: (out of 45 entrants)
1) QueenDVS
2) XIF
3) ÜberIce
4) Johnny
5) phanna
5) Lambchops

Doubles:
1) RockCrock + QueenDVS
2) XIF + Lambchops
3) Colbol + OTRU
4) Esam + Rexx
5) ÜberIce + phanna

Gratz to queen for winning like $550.

Shoutouts to Doodah for being the best tournament host even when he's not the tournament host. Shoutout to LiMe ☼ FuRy for a nice overall tourny; good venue (Jimmy Johns!) but WTF at Peach's Castle and MKII being on singles counter-picks?

Props to everyone in my pool, it's good to be #1, and Seibrik stop powershielding crazy muthafukka. Nice playing everyone else, and meeting those I hadn't met before.

Holla at SWFL, too goodz. TERRIBLADE!

Esam = 3rd best samus in FL, you did better against me than I thought you would.

vericz

Smash Champion
Queen- Good stuff. couldn't go, had to work but Ill see you guys at giga
XIF- you're too good, and too fast GJ

Nice that CFL made it to a south tourney, we owed them for all the times they came up. I'll try to go next time.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Looks like the tourney was fun, would of been cool if I could've went.

Queen- Good stuff, you own. Good job repping SWFL, I wish I could've went and owned you(I love you, lol)

Rock- Good stuff in teams, you pwn.

Phanna- Great job getting Top 5 I knew you could do it, best Samus in the south?!?

Lambchops- What happened, who took you out? Anyone got brackets?

Xif- Too good, too bad I couldn't come.

Uber Ice- Great job with Top 3

Others that went, I'm pretty sure you guys had fun. Good job to everyont that got Top 10, and for everyone that tried.

Special Shoutout

Synikal- I heard you were there, would of been cool to see you and ask for some tips on working out and stuff. I heard you could own Queen with a pinky, thats how buff you are?!? Wtf

DooDah- You've always owned at running tournies, good stuff,(Loud biotch)

Tipman- I heard you didn't show, next time show. Your still the best(With Ganon in the world)

BTW, I'm catching up to you Synikal, I currently bench 240 :).

So does KeepSpeedN.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Synikal probably could own queen with a pinky.. And I'm guessing synikal could bench a lot more than 240 (cuz he looks like hes like twice my size).

skrach8

Smash Lord
lol at the nick riddle crew. whats with you guys staring at everyone during the match ****s pretty gay. seibrik you owned me. but you stared at me too. its was pretty annoying/gay. lol @ all of you.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Mad props to phanna for holdin it down w/ Samus.

Shiz I wish I could lift w/ you guys, I haven't lifted in years. :(

Elrodillazo

Smash Apprentice
it was an awesome tourney nicaragua got in a great place and im happy because nicaragua can give a hard time to international players :D also thanks to xif because he gave us a ride to his house and we got to know the best florida players .

congrats to queen for winning the doubles and singles

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i currently have representatives from all corners of the state in my house playing smash so thats cool

pritch (NFL)
colbol (CFL)
hozart (CFL)
hiroshi (CFL)
queen (SWFL)
rock (SWFL)
UI (SWFL)
myself (SEFL)
green (SEFL)
lambchops (SEFL)

so thats great! =D

some shout outs:

lime: GREAT TOURNAMENT, i was really impressed with how well it was run and the attendance and everything, you really pulled through in the end. It'd be great to have more SUPS.

Lex: i love you. =) we never got to play though =(

Queen: great sets man, the XIF-Queen clause holds true, we alternate sets. I tried to own both grand finals sets but I couldnt. I'm happy that you won though, you deserve it.

Rock: fox doesnt own me... rockcrock does @_@ good teams matches.

ColBol: I could concentrate this time! =D naw but seriously I like to think i'm a good judge of falco and fox players cause of all the experience i get and I can tell that you're fox is one of the best in the state, try to step it up again next tournament.

UI: UUUUBBBAAAAAAA AAAAIIIICCCCEEEE!!! Sorry my main owns your main, but mario's not a very good choice either since my main practice's against green mario's main, and he mainly owns with mario....... mainly.

Pritch, Hoz, Hiroshi: Nice that you could drop by my house =) gg's, nice conversations and jokes, and dont get owned by my bowser hiroshi! =P

vzabakatakabaka: love your name, good times with roy.

My crew: we own! =)

tired now, i might do some more later.

1-up

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the tourney was fun, would of been cool if I could've went.

Queen- Good stuff, you own. Good job repping SWFL, I wish I could've went and owned you(I love you, lol)

Rock- Good stuff in teams, you pwn.

Phanna- Great job getting Top 5 I knew you could do it, best Samus in the south?!?

Lambchops- What happened, who took you out? Anyone got brackets?

Xif- Too good, too bad I couldn't come.

Uber Ice- Great job with Top 3

Others that went, I'm pretty sure you guys had fun. Good job to everyont that got Top 10, and for everyone that tried.

Special Shoutout

Synikal- I heard you were there, would of been cool to see you and ask for some tips on working out and stuff. I heard you could own Queen with a pinky, thats how buff you are?!? Wtf

DooDah- You've always owned at running tournies, good stuff,(Loud biotch)

Tipman- I heard you didn't show, next time show. Your still the best(With Ganon in the world)

BTW, I'm catching up to you Synikal, I currently bench 240 :).

So does KeepSpeedN.

LOL!!! shoutouts from someone who didnt even attend the tourney lol!!!!

alright my turn

Doodah: Good job on winning the tournament i knew KoreanDJ was no match for you

kool-aid guy: thanks for keeping everyone knee deep in drinks but are you going to pay for that wall?

linguini: come on man that "knights of the south" tattoo is going a little too far

jesus christ: yeah yeah i owe you 20 bucks happy resurection

Xif: GGs bro i dont know why i kept going rock after you went paper like 8 times...

thomas tipman: thanks for the arm wrestling MM

Green mario: i think i said it all when i built that green mario shrine out of bricks

lambchops:you and your brother should combine to form some sort of... mega human!

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Good job with the tournament, Lime. Very well run, good venue.

Sorry I left early. Like most Smash tournaments, I get bored pretty quickly.

I officially hate Round Robins.

Great job, Q. Haven't been around for a long while, but I don't remember Marth's winning FL tourney's very often. You need to show me how to beat Falcos. And next tourney, we should do a Marth ditto MM. We always say we're gonna play and never do. Truthfully, I kinda decided not to play you yesterday because I was playing so badly :D

Lots of new faces and it really seems like the FL Smash community keeps getting younger :/ Makes me feel somewhat out of place, but I love the game and I'm smart enough not to let such a frivolous disparity keep me away from it. I really do wish some of the older guys would think about coming back, though. Then, maybe the tournaments themselves would be more fun.

A few shoutouts:

Lambchops and Green are among my most influential Smash players. Jhonny is...strange. Rock, thanks reaffirming my ability to beat Donkey Kongs with my crappy Falcon. Hozart, I hate Climbers. Colbol = Child Prodigy. Pete and Sasha = The Whitney and Bobby Brown of the FL Smash community. Congrats to random Nicaruguan guy for 3 stocking my Marth and Falcon. Lex, how dare you defy your father. Sighrax, your Falcon reflects your heritage...it's cheap and green. Xif, nice shirt.

Aaaand that's all I've got.

Dashizwiz:

In your assiduous quest to ascertain superhuman strength, I would recommend you ignore me. Fact is, I'm not very strong and my size betrays initial impressions.

My goal when I started hitting the gym about a year ago was to get my body into shape; strength was of little priority. I still haven't reached my ideal goal physique wise, so strength is still of little importance to me.

I don't know what your wieght lifting goals are, but it sounds like you're falling into the same trap most people do when they first start lifting: they tend to think strength and mass are completely synonymous. People fall into this trap and become strong before they start seeing any real results. Why? Because their strength needs to ascend to a level necessary to handle the unnecessarily heavy weight they're attempting to lift before they see any results.

Even then, those people often times fail to see the results they're looking for. Why? Because they continue to INCREASE THE WEIGHT THEY LIFT. So, instead of getting the necessary amount of sets and reps they need to get any real exercise that would facillitate in getting their bodies in shape, they simply get stronger. Then I get to look at these people and say, "Wow, you can lift over 300 pounds, but your body looks like crap. Great job!"

Then again, you are a skinny kid and I'm no expert. People are different. Lite weight, high reps, a lot of sets and a good diet is what worked for me. As a result, I'm not a strong as a lot of people my size. I'm just giving advice based on my own experiences. I know too many guys that can lift like an ox, but look like ****.

So now, all of you know that when comparing your strength with one another, Kye doesn't care and you can leave him out of the contest. Thanks.

-SynikaL
(formerly known as)

Top Bottom