• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Random fact- on brinstar sonic can dthrow people through those bubble things that break, without the stage breaking apart.
Yeah, that happens sometimes too. But it's generally better if the stage actually breaks, since it lessens the chance of you being able to get back up, I think.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Waba games is a pretty nice place for tourneys in GA.

I think they have weeklies now.

plan to go to more of them during the summer, after school's out.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'll try to be going to Genesis, but if for some reason I can't make it (nah, I'll make it), there's Evo2K9 in Vegas. Even better is that if it ends up being successful there will be like a regional monthly here that goes by S.I.N. (Smash in Nevada).

And then sometime after that there will be a tourney in Phoenix, which mom said she would love to go to sometime.

A lot of birds to kill with one stone in the Summer time, like seriously.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Apparently Fox can combo now apparently. Like, at certain %s, Shine > Usmash is legit. I haven't really looked into it, but the first thing I thought was lolmelee.

And I guess we have to keep track of who's placing where since memphis is banned...

:093:

NNID
MasterHavik
I have been goen a while. so can anyone bring up t odate on what has been going on? Is 3000 still pwning? Is K.I.D. still doing well with Sonic? I wanna know, I have been for soem time. And kid, I'll own your Talim any day fool. Also, SF4 FTW!!!!
SF4>SSBM:D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Is 3000 still pwning?
He's good, but it's pretty much known now that...

Espy (Puffball64) > Mr. 3000

Is K.I.D. still doing well with Sonic?
Hell nah!

<3

Also, good **** ITT. Small tourney, but still congrats!
And good luck Chis! Make sure to let us know how it goes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I bet K.I.D. just counterpicked Meta Knight/some other character that doesn't start with "S" and end in "onic" or "teak".

All these top-notch Sonic-playing tourney-going n****s do is not play Sonic and place.

Unless you K.I.D., are reading this and would like to confirm to me you got 3rd with only Sonic.

Even if you didn't go all Sonic I'll prove to you all one day Sonic can win some small-medium sized tourney on his own (or a large scale tourney, that would be fantastic), I already got 9th place once, which was just one short of being able to report to Koku's thread thingimajig, and you'll all regret the day you didn't stay true to the holy meat.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I bet K.I.D. just counterpicked Meta Knight/some other character that doesn't start with "S" and end in "onic" or "teak".

All these top-notch Sonic-playing tourney-going n****s do is not play Sonic and place.

Unless you K.I.D., are reading this and would like to confirm to me you got 3rd with only Sonic.
lol, I was actually just about to ask if it was all Sonic or not.

da K.I.D. aka I play Lucario/Fox/Pit/OthercharactersnotnamedSonic

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
D*** you Ken you don't count, coming in here and trying to make me sadface :( by telling me X can doesn't afraid of not CPing. I want to win a tourney with Sonic, it's great that other people can do what I can't do but I need to assure to myself that Sonic has no limits.

Hopefully to any newbie lurkers who might be reading this post I want to set that example that with enough dedication you can achieve dat Winning Steak.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I just checked my overall standings. (ALL Sonic since day 1 baby)

first place
second place
third place
fourth place
top 8 place

Lower than top 8 place

Overall winnings
~$250

Overall entries/venue
~$325

Just can't wait till I start pulling positive again on my winnings.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol, I was actually just about to ask if it was all Sonic or not.

da K.I.D. aka I play Lucario/Fox/Pit/OthercharactersnotnamedSonic

lets see...if I remember correctly...

Round 1 vs ZSS player
2-0d him with sonic

Round 2 vs. Xiivi (who for some reason went all pikachu)
won first game with lucario on smashville and won 2 second game with DDD on Norfair.

You heard me right, I beat a Pikachu, on norfair, with DDD, random F smash for the win.
2-0

3rd Match vs Owna (Who also decided to be weird, and went all Luigi)
won the very close first game with sonic.
than won 2nd game with Fox on Jungle Japes.
2-0

4th Match vs Pikapika! (winners finals)
Went sonic first game on FD, and got timed out. I lost by something stupid, like 83% to 76%. We must have switched leads like 25 times in that game.
Second game I CPd halberd. He switched to Snake. I beat him with Fox.
I dont remember where third game was but he won that, And than i CPd delfino and he barely beat me on that, Lucario v. Pikachu.
1-3

5th Match vs san. (losers finals)
Fun match but I was feeling weird about it so I used to oppurtunity to work on my Ike matches.
First game, barely lost with sonic. I think it was yoshis
Second game, barely lost with D3.
third game, beat him with wolf on FD. He cant really handle a character that has better spacing moves than him.
4th game, he beat my lucario on BF
1-3

I was kinda upset cause I didnt know how my other characters would play against him. And had we been playing in Grand finals, I think I would have had a better time in the 2nd set and I would have just played sonic/wolf. Cause I had a better grip on his tendancies

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I like to win.

I also like playing sonic.

I also like playing other characters, because playing one character, no matter who it is, gets stale after a while

the best way to put all these things together is to play what I think gives me the best chance to win in tourney.

Because pikapika is a ****, hes made me really hate the pika match, so I rarely play sonic there. And since I have 4-5 characters that I have varying degrees of knowledge on, I can choose the character my opponent does the worst against, or the character I feel most confident with. Thats why about 75 times out of 100, Ill play lucario vs. pika. instead of sonic. and if I play in an area with a lot of high tier mains, Sometimes wolf or Fox can throw them off.

But dont get it twisted, my wins always count and Im still a better sonic than most of you =P
based on this last tourney, I still play him more than all my other characters. I got about 40% sonic, and 60% my other 4 characters

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hmmm.... I guess youll just have to steak match me @ apex.

looks like im going to be eating steak both nights of apex, day 1 is on SL and day 2 is on ITT.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I didn't necessarily "say" anything. I will however MM or "steak" match at APEX. (It'll probably have to be something from like steak n' shake or applebee's or something)

BTW, I didn't tell those people to say those things and I don't hate you at all. Your quote just reminded me of OS's and I found it funny while I was bored at work. I really don't wanna run into you at APEX and have it be all awkward and be at each other's throats, we're both working towards the same goal so if anything we should consider ourselves "rivals" not "enemies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom