• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Well, I was trying to prove a couple points at a time and 1 was brought into question by Da Kid. I think Oreo (Excel) said just the opposite by saying that I had done well to prove my point.

Memphischains ran around the internet posting randomly that OS sucks cause he lost to a Sonic. I argued that the more attention you bring to it and the more hype you bring upon that fact, the worse it makes you look because people will think that sonic mains have to freak out over the smallest of victories. You didn't see anyone from peach boards running around when Vidjo beat OS with peach. You didn't see anyone from Pikachu boards running around when Anther beat OS with pikachu.

When you see someone from Sonic boards running around when OS loses to a Sonic, it reflects poorly on the boards as a group. I've known most of you guys for a while now and I know the majority of us are awesome. Memphischains was banned, whether you want to believe it or not, this reflects poorly on the sonic boards. Just check the messages that I posted from so many others after they saw memphischains' arguments and it's clear as crystal that memphis' actions reflected poorly on the Sonic forums.

I've been trying from before day 1 to get both the character and the Sonic community the respect it deserves. This is the reason I do not appreciate memphis' actions.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
What do you mean he doesn't know how to fight diddy?

and to chis, which part are you talking about? The fact that shugo is good, or the fact that memphischains made everyone here look bad?
i heard that after shugo lost to AZ, he was johning about how he didnt know the matchup, and how to fight diddy.

It was also woefully apparent that this was true when I watched the match.

My question is, how can you play the game for that long and still be that clueless on such an important matchup

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
i heard that after shugo lost to AZ, he was johning about how he didnt know the matchup, and how to fight diddy.

It was also woefully apparent that this was true when I watched the match.

My question is, how can you play the game for that long and still be that clueless on such an important matchup
It could be that he's never fought a good diddy offline before due to there only being 2-4 diddies in the entire state. I know from my "very little" online experience that the diddies I fought online are entirely different from when I fought AZ or cake or any other offline diddy. I guess to truly find out, you'd just have to ask him yourself.

It probably has something to do with AZ's diddy being one of the best in the midwest.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
and to chis, which part are you talking about? The fact that shugo is good, or the fact that memphischains made everyone here look bad?
This.

It's because OS is the one who made such stupid remakes about a character he doesn't know about. Down tilts, throwing out attacks like Sonic doesn't exist. And this is how he bases his opinion on Sonic? If this was true, why didn't he talk his own advice? This is sort of rep Sonic is getting in the backroom, with no Sonic boarders there.

My point that Sonic is garbage is pretty much proven by this though. I beat every sonic that comes up to me and then suddenly one takes a set and it's everywhere... because it's the only victory they have, and one of the few they will ever get. Sonics badddddddddd.
I mean, come on. This is the best rep Sonic's getting in the SBR-B? You can't honestly say the that OS didn't bring it on himself.
Sonic will never been respected or given a second thought with people like OS in the SBR-B.
I've been trying from before day 1 to get both the character and the Sonic community the respect it deserves. This is the reason I do not appreciate memphis' actions.
It's been respected for months. People who don't respect us are people like OS. I don't care for people who make generalizations, common sense should prove other wise. And what's this focus on image? We have many people who should be reping Sonic but we get people like OS instead.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, mc asked me to tell you that you are a poon f***

and also stupid,

dont kill the messenger.

also, tell shugo i said to get those diddy juans outta here

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
It's been respected for months. People who don't respect us are people like OS. I don't care for people who make generalizations, common sense should prove other wise. And what's this focus on image? We have many people who should be reping Sonic but we get people like OS instead.

I agree entirely that it would be fantastic to have a sonic main in the SBR. I also agree that OS hates Sonic for no apparant reason and his arguments for why sonic is bad are uneducated and invalid. However, we will never get a sonic mainer in the SBR with people like mc giving everyone else a bad name.

Framerate:

Yeah changing the wiki is just mean. I think this has all gone too far.

My point that Sonic is garbage is pretty much proven by this though. I beat every sonic that comes up to me and then suddenly one takes a set and it's everywhere... because it's the only victory they have, and one of the few they will ever get. Sonics badddddddddd.

Asdioh:

Exactly.

lol.

Xisin:

always had respect for the sonic mains but **** you guys are just being annoying atm.

Joshkip:

lol memphischains is such a *** i hope everyone ignored him

As for MC's comments towards me, they are just as immature and nonsensical as his posts as of recent. Wheras I have been trying to explain my argument in a clear and concise manner, he blindly disagrees with anyone whose views differ from his own

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You know, MC tried talking to the SBR-B in a polite and respectful manor, but they just blanked him. SBR can't be the representative of the same community with people like that in there. And how can 1 person give everyone a bad name? That's just silly really.

Umby

Smash Master
I don't think it gave us a bad name. For one thing, people know memphis to be memphis. That doesn't reflect back on us. The other thing is, a number of people that don't main Sonic found this funny, I'm sure. Does it really make us look bad if people find it funny?

No. Not really.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lol so im bad, because I lost to the best MW diddy? Just like how people were ranting that i was bad because i lost to lain and omniswells IC's? I did pretty well in my matches against AZ i didn't get owned, and i didn't make a big rant saying i lost, because i didn't know how to fight diddy lol. I didn't care if i lost to him tbh, because i'm glad I even got that far. As for the 17000 online matches that "WE" have because it's shared between 3 of us and a lot of friends, and family play as well. I'd say that my brother has the majority of them though, because he has played a lot more than I have. I don't get to play offline much at all actually that tournament is the first time I played brawl seriously in a while. This is why I don't bother visiting here often -_- it's always this big rant about matchups and so forth when you lose rather than just simply being outplayed. I'd love to see any of you sonic mains go against Lain or Omni's IC's or AZ's diddy and win since you know *Soooooooooo* much more about matchups than I ever will. From the looks of what you guys are saying if you know every matchup well you will never lose. I'm not trying to be an *** or anything im just so sick of this.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
well... how can 1 person (OS) give the SBR a bad name...

who knows, he did it anyway lol
The phrase ''one bad apple spoils the barrel'', comes into play here. It means that a bad person, policy, etc, can ruin everything around it.

@da K.I.D: It's not everyday you run into a Diddy, that is as good as AZ. Sorry, match-up johns are legit if you don't face the character enough or someone who is extremely good with that one particular character. So until you can say that you've beaten AZ or any other equally skilled Diddy, you should probably keep your trap shut and locked.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
That's exactly my point -_-. If you're gonna bag on someone not knowing matchups lets see how well you do before hand then.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The phrase ''one bad apple spoils the barrel'', comes into play here. It means that a bad person, policy, etc, can ruin everything around it.
Isn't that usually used sarcastically to mock people for categorizing a group? One bad apple... CAN'T spoil a whole bunch.

HEY SHUGAR! Phoenix Dark beat AZ. Just sayin'. =3

on wifi. XD

I still don't know the matchup that well. Getting used to it though. I only recently bothered trying to glide toss though. :)

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
That post is mainly towards people who bag on others about not knowing matchups. I haven't seen Dark be a complete *** about the situation. Oh and it was wifi..lol ><

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
phoenix dark lost to BYAA!'s NESS. BYAA! doesn't even use ness. He also lost to his MK. Shugo then beat BYAA!'s MK. I've played phoenix dark and shugo both in the same weekend. Shugo 3 stocked me, Phoenix dark took our matches to time.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Yeah, guys. We are all aiming for the same thing. So what that you dont know a match up and lost a match? GOOD STUFF GETTING THAT FAR SHUGO! If the lost was due to match-up inexperience, the simple thing to do is to practice it. And, AZ is pretty beast...<_<

When it comes to situations like these, who's better isn't top priority. We just need to rep dat Steak, and place high.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't think anything we can do at this point can save the image of our boards.

Whenever we actually do raise educated arguments, we might have ONE person listen to us after relentless posts of us trying to explain our position to just hear "lolwhut sonic sux"

We even try to explain that we KNOW SONIC IS BAD, but we've been proving he's not as bad as some people think and that the reasons WHY PEOPLE SAY SONIC IS BAD *coughOScough* are completely innacurate (like ITT said) and we correct them. It doesn't help that he then feeds the community these thoughts and of course they listen because he has a red name.

Like, Shugo can beat OS's MK but because we make jokes about it, we're suddenly ruining our reputation and proving Sonic is complete trash?

I honestly don't care anymore, it's quite silly really.

:093:

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
That comment by OS is bull****.
He got rocked by a Sonic and now feels like a dumb***.

This doesn't reflect badly on us Sonics at all. After the bull**** OS said he got what was coming to him. By saying that "that's the only win" that we'll see, only proves how little he knows about us. Since Espy and MalcomM have gotten past MKs before, and NO ONE made a big deal about it. But since this was OS, the one who was **** talking about how bad Sonic is, who got rocked... F*ck yeah we're gonna milk this sh*t. He had it coming.

Also, this doesn't reflect badly on Sonic as a character. We're not "excited" by the fact a Sonic beat an MK, we've seen that before, it's old. We're trippin' because a Sonic beat OS. So OS is just trying to get us off his case. Let him think what he wants. This loss will always haunt him. >)

And about this reflecting bad on the Sonic boards.... um... how? >_>
Memphis is Memphis, and will always be Memphis.

They can look at it however they like, they can, b*tch, strawman, john all they want. One thing will remain true:
OS lost to a Sonic even while using a character that he said should completely destroy Sonic. And Sonic isn't as bad as he claimed him to be.

Good **** Shugo. Nice job on the victory. You're getting better. =D

And thanks Memphis for the lulz! xD

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Chill ITT. Friendly hazing. Same team.
I was just remembering results from an extremely fun weekend of tournaments. Phoenix dark was able to beat me back then. I wanna fight him again now that I've learned more ATs. BYAA! wasn't even supposed to enter that low tier tourney to begin with....

western PA needs to host something soon.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Lol so im bad, because I lost to the best MW diddy? Just like how people were ranting that i was bad because i lost to lain and omniswells IC's? I did pretty well in my matches against AZ i didn't get owned, and i didn't make a big rant saying i lost, because i didn't know how to fight diddy lol. I didn't care if i lost to him tbh, because i'm glad I even got that far. As for the 17000 online matches that "WE" have because it's shared between 3 of us and a lot of friends, and family play as well. I'd say that my brother has the majority of them though, because he has played a lot more than I have. I don't get to play offline much at all actually that tournament is the first time I played brawl seriously in a while. This is why I don't bother visiting here often -_- it's always this big rant about matchups and so forth when you lose rather than just simply being outplayed. I'd love to see any of you sonic mains go against Lain or Omni's IC's or AZ's diddy and win since you know *Soooooooooo* much more about matchups than I ever will. From the looks of what you guys are saying if you know every matchup well you will never lose. I'm not trying to be an *** or anything im just so sick of this.
I dont blame you at all, and I hope you arent mad at me...

Im just realising that people arent as good as they are hopped up to be, and this is happening with tons of characters:
Koskinater, is supposed to be the god of all ganons, yet he can barely pull top 8 in a tourney.
People like Izaw and deva, the link (AiB) boards hype them out of their minds, but they still lose to so-so MKS and the like, and then are celebrated as heros when they get like 5th place.

The reason I made the comment that i made is because ITT hypes shugo like he is the second coming of jesus christ himself. and ITT was the one that brought up the "OMG look how much shugo plays this game, he HAS to be amazing" point. I was just pointing out that some of the things Im hearing about this kid arent making any sense.
But that doesnt change the fact that I know hes good, and I know hes placing in tourneys. But when I hear the phrase "______ is the best _____ mainer in the country" i expect to see some WINS behind that claim.

If you dont know how to fight diddy, thats fine, completely. I cant hate on you for that, theres still a bunch of matchups that i dont know completely, but I do try to make an effort to learn the top/high tier matches first, cause i know i will be seeing them the most. But when you see another dude of of nowhere, polejocking to the extent ITT does, about how much you play the game, and than the source is comign out to say, that he he doesnt fight diddy well, you have to see the confusion that that brings up.

basically, I apologise for sounding like a douche and Im glad/hoping that we can come to an agreement on this. Just people in general need to stop hyping other so much and just let results speak for themselves.

also, big ups to shugo for being man enough to admit he got outplayed

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Midwest doesn't poleride. You've hated me since before the game even came out and I don't know why... I thought we were on good terms recently but it seems like the smallest little thing I say always sets off tons of arguments in here.

I posted stuff about shugo cause umby said he's never heard of shugo beating any notable people. Plus you gotta admit, 17,000 online matches is pretty intense.

In any case, we should all go to APEX and take top 8 with all sonics.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey ITT, Chains said no Johns.

He wanted me to do that.

Now that I see you on we need to talk, please get on the Xat or something, AIM, PMs, IDC.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
everyone polejocks their region at least a little bit.
i dont hate anybody, I just want everyone to see where everyone else is coming from

also I agree with ITT's statement about apex

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
P.S. ITT I'm over that, when I said you were more judgemental I meant that you handled things in a better manner than Chains.

...Sorry Chains, I just call it like I see it.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Guys, c'mon now. No need to drag this out, just drop it. Chains can read, he doesn't need points proven when he already knows them. So he may have made us look bad (but not really imo). Who the **** cares? Drop it. Discussing it makes some of you look like annoying parents and the rest like imbecilic children.

Now let's just agree that if I was there, I would have beaten OS twice as hard. It makes things so much simpler.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
LOL, that's what started this whole thing in the first place. I was thinkin, this isn't cool kinzer's sayin I'm over here judgin on people.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm sorry if I made it seem different then what I tried to get across, but as long as you're a Sonic boarder ITT, I like you. Everything in the past is all water under the bridge for me. :sonic: ^_^

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
D= At least it's not like everyone over in OH agrees to OS's statement.

Sonic may be bad, but it makes you look silly by saying so after losing to one.

So you're saying: MK is amazing
sonic sucks

in order for a sonic to beat a meta knight, the sonic player has to be wayyyyyyyy better than the mk player.

So basically you're saying that Shugo is a much better player than you.

I actually joined smashboards just to comment on this...

I agree, and it is also pretty lame that you only posted about it after memphischains was banned (even if it was getting annoying). OS, no disrespect but you really need to reevaluate the whole "Sonic is bad" situation. He really isn't as bad as people say he is. Although I somewhat agree with you on certain points, I was lurking during the events memphischains was talking about and I agree with his side even if he was being an idiot about it.

The Sonic WCD was a joke, which I supposed is where the Sonic Boards really got angry. Well, it looks like that where MC did. I have no idea about the Sonic Boards as a whole to be honest, but if I was a Sonic main I would be pissed about it also.
lol at joining to comment, lol at username

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Not again, I already had the whole Sonic boards turn against me once, I don't want to go through that again please...

P.S. Shugo if you're reading this don't let KID get to you, he bags on all of us for things like losing to characters.

He still gives me @#$% about how I lose to Lucarios even though I handily came back and two-stocked one of them.

I have yet to have a rematch with the other though, but I'm looking for the same end-result.

Edit: RR, that one poster IS Chains, you got mindgamed. XD

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I rather not talk about it, point is I didn't think, went too fast and too far, didn't realize not everybody thought the same way I did, and I want to move on...

Boxob.

Smash Lord
So dramatic everyone on these boards are.

Take a moment to step back and realize everyone's getting emo over an internet forum about sonic the hedgehog. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom