• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

There's a HUGE difference between GG and Brawl. You can't just go into a big tournament and make a good impression without playing a lot of skilled opponents. Only way you're going to find them? By going to tournaments.

GG actually takes skill and knowledge. Brawl is just teh mindgames. D:
do they use consoles or arcade machines for their tourneys?

and learning all of the intracacies and combos in GG is hard as F***!!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
do they use consoles or arcade machines for their tourneys?

and learning all of the intracacies and combos in GG is hard as F***!!
Depends on the tournament. PS2 is the console of choice, though. Things like PlanetZero tournaments use arcade machines, and almost every *** tournament does, too.

Not really.

:093:
This guy obviously plays the game on a competitive level. Either that, or he mains Slayer.

its as hard as melee, and melee is hard
You actually need to know more, in my opinion. Melee is more technical, GG is more timing. Then again, Melee was almost second nature to me, so there might have been a lot to learn that I just took as common knowledge.

Arcana Heart ftw
If you like infinites of doom and a stupid character that can hit you out of combos while you're comboing her, yeah. The game is alright, just not good competitively.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Depends on the tournament. PS2 is the console of choice, though. Things like PlanetZero tournaments use arcade machines, and almost every *** tournament does, too.

This guy obviously DOESNT play the game on a competitive level. Either that, or he mains Slayer.

fixed i think

You actually need to know more, in my opinion. Melee is more technical, GG is more timing. Then again, Melee was almost second nature to me, so there might have been a lot to learn that I just took as common knowledge.

If you like infinites of doom and a stupid character that can hit you out of combos while you're comboing her, yeah. The game is alright, just not good competitively.
lol so its not just me when i think slayer is stupid easy...
i got a friend who mains bridget lol.
in terms of technical and timing, i think the games are reversed, cause the inputs for melee are very linear, and the inputs for GG are more technicall, and thats just one example

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
theres no infinities, only loops
Yeah, sure. Liese has NO infinites to speak of. Lololol.

To KID:

Yeah, Slayer is really easy. Think Melee Sheik, where until you play top level, you can do well just by doing the basics.

Melee is really really fast, though, whereas GG is timing based. Unless you're playing Chipp, Melee is more technical, since you have 3 inputs for simple spacing (jump, air-dodge, angle towards ground).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, sure. Liese has NO infinites to speak of. Lololol.

To KID:

Yeah, Slayer is really easy. Think Melee Sheik, where until you play top level, you can do well just by doing the basics.

Melee is really really fast, though, whereas GG is timing based. Unless you're playing Chipp, Melee is more technical, since you have 3 inputs for simple spacing (jump, air-dodge, angle towards ground).
I'll see about the tournaments then. I'm honestly a little pessimistic when it comes to Guilty Gear, since Brawl is my main "thing".

But let's see where Baiken'll take me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
*Feels lost in non-smash related convo*

Uhhh... I used to play that power rangers fighting game thingy. Yeah.
Howza 'dem dragon ballz guys? that game iz gewd.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Howza 'dem dragon ballz guys? that game iz gewd.
Dragonball Z Budokai 3 (Not that Tenkaichi garbage) was the best game in the series, period (Shin Budokai was okay, but this game takes it).

Auto combo cancels made this game friggin' awesome.

I mained Majin Buu in B3, Goku in B2 (BROKEN), and Goku in B1 (Not as Broken as in B2).

Srsly, Goku was a beast in B2. I still remember his 2+ bar removing combo...

KKKK, *Sidestep Cancel*, ->PPK, *combo cancel* <-K, ->K, <-PK (knock into air and juggle from here on out), <-PK, <-P,P, PPKKE (Warp Kamehameha).

So broken, and inescapable.

In B3, the teleport-counter ruined that combo, although if they hit zero ki, it's still possible, except you can't combo into warp, and must do the PPPPE for regular Kamehameha.

I changed to Fat Buu for his mad insane juggling and teleport speed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i made vegeta ******** in budokai 3 and yes that was the best game.

also

cant NOTHING touch a finger to shaq-fu, that game is like, the awesome of Me, Boxob, and Steak, PUT TOGETHER

Tenki

Smash Hero
rofl

in the middle of the Sonic boards:

Slayer Tournament Results

I feel bad for people who actually subscribed to this thread.

___X___

Smash Lord
i love my sig :)

my brother made it for me! wewt!

anyways, im still the best sonic out there. and luCKy gets girls.

nuff said

Browny

Smash Hater
Next tourney in 2 hours omg. If (when) I get to the finals ill change my tag to 'Steak' for the finals videos just for you guys :D

Tenki

Smash Hero
o shi- TENKI WON A TOURNEY!

kind of.

It was my first tourney, but it was a dorm-held event. I was asked by my friend to help him practice for the tournament that was being held at his dorm. He said something about 70$ being split up for the event and didn't want me to join, but I told him I'd split the winnings 50:50 if I won. So I followed him in, and asked the guy in charge (a PL) if it was okay for an outsider to join and got approval.

Anything counts, right? hahah

1st out of 16, Smith Hall Brawl Tournament.
1 Tenki/Steak (lol@ name for pools) - Sonic
2 HyperTheHedgehog (HTH) - Samus (most of the time) - Ike/Pikachu last match.
3 [forgot tag] - Snake
4 aZn - Ganondorf/DIddy
uh, and there were also a Lucas and a Pit somewhere in the semi finals, too .

It was kinda.. weird.
we did a few rounds of ffa pools, and then the winners of the winner pools and loser pools got to fight each other 1v1.

I got to play Sonic vs Snake (he B-aired too much and got punished for it >_<)

And on the last match, I played against Hyper the Hedgehog (HtH):
Ike (3 stock'd, 1:20) - FD
Samus (1 stock lose D: ) - SV
Pikachu - (2 stock win ) - Brinstar

He really shoulda played Samus the whole time though, I watched him destroy his pools with Samus, and Ike was the first non-Samus I saw him use. According to him, Samus wasn't his best character, but from everything I saw, he shoulda stuck with it ;/

During pools, I kept trying to hit people but they kept dodging and running away to hit someone. I usually did 0-40% on my targets, lose them, then meet them when they were 120%+ for the kill. It was funny because people kept saying the Sonic "should be disqualified" because "he's not doing anything but running all over the place". But I never lost stocks when it went down to 1v1.

Well, despite the sore losering and the "omg u hav no skil ol u do is camp for last kill", which I replied to "I'm going to win this. Just wait until the 1v1s.", I had fun lol. People either ran away or tried to team on me in the ffa's.

So yeah, I was unpopular in the FFA's, but people were cheering for Sonic in the 1v1s. It was funny.

And well of course, the steak.

Well, it wasn't really 70$ in cash money prizes. It was more... used to hold the event -_-'

So I won this.

2 crunch bars, a butterfinger, and a hershey's cookies and creme bar.

My friend (placed 4th) got the 2 crunch bars.

est. price of my winnings:
$10- nerf gun.
$4- candy.

..yeah.

:ohwell:

haha...ha.

feel free to not count this, it's just too weird.

Hilarity ensued with people shooting each other with nerf guns, and we had friendlies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i love my sig :)

my brother made it for me! wewt!

anyways, im still the best sonic out there. and luCKy gets girls.

nuff said
whats wrong with the old sig, you break up with your girl?
not trying to be mean, just wondering...

also the sig is nice...
kind of.

It was my first tourney, but it was a dorm-held event. I was asked by my friend to help him practice for the tournament that was being held at his dorm. He said something about 70$ being split up for the event and didn't want me to join, but I told him I'd split the winnings 50:50 if I won. So I followed him in, and asked the guy in charge (a PL) if it was okay for an outsider to join and got approval.

Anything counts, right? hahah

1st out of 16, Smith Hall Brawl Tournament.
1 Tenki/Steak (lol@ name for pools) - Sonic
2 HyperTheHedgehog (HTH) - Samus (most of the time) - Ike/Pikachu last match.
3 [forgot tag] - Snake
4 aZn - Ganondorf/DIddy
uh, and there were also a Lucas and a Pit somewhere in the semi finals, too .

It was kinda.. weird.
we did a few rounds of ffa pools, and then the winners of the winner pools and loser pools got to fight each other 1v1.

I got to play Sonic vs Snake (he B-aired too much and got punished for it >_<)

And on the last match, I played against Hyper the Hedgehog (HtH):
Ike (3 stock'd, 1:20) - FD
Samus (1 stock lose D: ) - SV
Pikachu - (2 stock win ) - Brinstar

He really shoulda played Samus the whole time though, I watched him destroy his pools with Samus, and Ike was the first non-Samus I saw him use. According to him, Samus wasn't his best character, but from everything I saw, he shoulda stuck with it ;/

During pools, I kept trying to hit people but they kept dodging and running away to hit someone. I usually did 0-40% on my targets, lose them, then meet them when they were 120%+ for the kill. It was funny because people kept saying the Sonic "should be disqualified" because "he's not doing anything but running all over the place". But I never lost stocks when it went down to 1v1.

Well, despite the sore losering and the "omg u hav no skil ol u do is camp for last kill", which I replied to "I'm going to win this. Just wait until the 1v1s.", I had fun lol. People either ran away or tried to team on me in the ffa's.

So yeah, I was unpopular in the FFA's, but people were cheering for Sonic in the 1v1s. It was funny.

And well of course, the steak.

Well, it wasn't really 70$ in cash money prizes. It was more... used to hold the event -_-'

So I won this.

2 crunch bars, a butterfinger, and a hershey's cookies and creme bar.

My friend (placed 4th) got the 2 crunch bars.

est. price of my winnings:
$10- nerf gun.
$4- candy.

..yeah.

:ohwell:

haha...ha.

feel free to not count this, it's just too weird.

Hilarity ensued with people shooting each other with nerf guns, and we had friendlies.
as long as it has at least 13 people and a winners prize, post it on ankokus thread

on a side note, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT HAPPENED TO ANKOKUS THREAD? CHECK IT RIGHT NOW

Browny

Smash Hater
13 is the limit, anyways GGs on the winning steak Tenki

and ankokus thread is dead now anyway. lol @ SBR thinking by hiding all the evidence MK is broken is magically going to balance brawl >_>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm gonna be heading to a tournament this weekend.

However, from what I've heard, Dojo, Santi, and Hylian will all be absent...

Makes me sad... :(

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Wish I can go to live tourneys, I need to raise up money. I did win an online one though, but hey who cares about wifi :laugh:. *Starts to save money*

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm gonna be heading to a tournament this weekend.

However, from what I've heard, Dojo, Santi, and Hylian will all be absent...

Makes me sad... :(
Looks like someone will have to make another 'Puffball *****' tread soon.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Dudez! No moar Ankoku Character Rankings! Geezus. I loved checking in on how well characters were performing...does he still accept tournament results cause it does say he is doing it on his own.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Lol @ SBR covering up the results to try hide how Metaknight is dominating the scene so as to justify their point blank refusing to ban him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lol @ SBR covering up the results to try hide how Metaknight is dominating the scene so as to justify their point blank refusing to ban him.
Lol @ SBR releasing a tier list way to early to try and hide how Metaknight is dominating the scene so as to justify their point blank refusing to ban him.

major lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom