• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
My secondary is Falco... more or less. Maybe Lucario. =/
And what are the rules for X's tournies? O_O

___X___

Smash Lord
My secondary is Falco... more or less. Maybe Lucario. =/
And what are the rules for X's tournies? O_O
double Elim,

3 stock.

NO ITEMS(of course)

Random neutral stages.

and i didn't win any money...BUT

i won store credit XD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic all the way. So I went to a tournament hosted by my school, but there were only like 2 good players, so should I even bother posting it? There wasn't even a cash prize.

Browny

Smash Hater
sure why not, if theres no cash prize all that means is theres less chance it will be counted on ankokus thread. At my tourneys theres only ever a few good players, but the skill level is all relative, we can only ever practice against each other (not practice vs US players for example) so those results still count :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
sure why not, if theres no cash prize all that means is theres less chance it will be counted on ankokus thread. At my tourneys theres only ever a few good players, but the skill level is all relative, we can only ever practice against each other (not practice vs US players for example) so those results still count :)
Cool beans, but I promise to get out to bigger tournaments. The tourney scene sucks in PA. Pretty big tourney though coming in December at Pittsburgh and I'm gonn' get my ass there no matter what. Needs moar Sonic representation. I forget the turn out, I'll find out monday and edit this post with the results.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Cool beans, but I promise to get out to bigger tournaments. The tourney scene sucks in PA. Pretty big tourney though coming in December at Pittsburgh and I'm gonn' get my ass there no matter what. Needs moar Sonic representation. I forget the turn out, I'll find out monday and edit this post with the results.
God. Tell me about it. Phoenix might be able to go to that one seeing as he LIVES there. No Johns PD.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
God. Tell me about it. Phoenix might be able to go to that one seeing as he LIVES there. No Johns PD.
They used to have bi-weeklies in Scranton at ThatGamingPlace but it's getting closed, and all that's left now is Phili I think...Yeah, I saw Pheonix's name on the attendees list. Dude, Terios, you should go to this too man. Then it'll be the ultimate Sonic smackdown!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have enough trouble leaving TOWN. I need to get a car BAD.
Ah, see, that's when you hitch a ride with a friend! That's how I'm getting there. I'm goin along with a Diddy main, Link main, and a R.O.B. main. Road trip.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the third time,
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194526
show up

and X, i was just thinking the same thing about you lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
WTF you mean "frequently"

this is a one time thing.
Whoops, sorry. That was my bad. Thought this was a bi-weekly (not too sure why). Also it's like 7 hours away+Me having no wheels. I'll try to get there.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Did anyone go to HOBO 11?
I don't blame you if you didn't place well to be honest. It's was a Meta-fest for God's sake.
8 out of the top 12 used Metaknight.
That's ridiculous.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Did anyone go to HOBO 11?
I don't blame you if you didn't place well to be honest. It's was a Meta-fest for God's sake.
8 out of the top 12 used Metaknight.
That's ridiculous.
I was gonna...but I had issues to work out (carpooling and money probs).

I'm going to two tournaments on the 11th and 18th respectively, so hopefully I'll place there.

Oh, and yes, HOBO11 sounded ********. Look at all those MKs...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Good luck in those Puffball.

And yeah it's ********. It's sad that even though the metagame is continuing to head towards complete Metaknight domination that some people don't actually want him banned :\

Napilopez

Smash Lord
LOL puffymcpuff I just noticed the steak in your sig.

I plan on going to Play N trade in NYC on Oct the 18th. It will be my first tourney. Any advice for a new tourneygoer? The only thing I can think of is bringing extra batteries for my WiiChuck XD

Man, I'm realllyyy curious to see how my Sonic will perform under so much pressure and well, just offline. I haven't played anyone significantly skilled offline, so this will definitely be a new experience. I think I will probably work on my spacing more, as its a bigger factor offline. And i'll try to stop making really stupid mistakes, which is how I lose most of my matches:

"Oh, let me ASC at lucario's aurasphere when we both have 130 damamge and see if it will go through it this time!"

*dies*

And I'll try to perfect shield more. I usually give up on it on wifi, because nobody seems to have a smooth connection. But I might practice just perfectshielding Level 9s in training mode or something.

Any tips? Just from looking atsome of the people who are going to the tourney according to AiB, I'm kind of intimidated. But I have beaten people at high skill levels when the connection is good and I'm not stupid, so I guess we'll see. I hope theres alot of Snake's, DedeDes DKs and even Meta's cuz i love those matchups XD.

I reallyyyy want to go all Sonic, but I mighttt consider another char incase i have to fight an olimar. I have a decent marth so i might use him. But I still think I'll go all Sonic anyways.

And yeah it's ********. It's sad that even though the metagame is continuing to head towards complete Metaknight domination that some people don't actually want him banned :\
I'll want to see MK banned once I conclude it to be an unfair matchup for Sonic =P

YO BOXOB. You'z B close to NYC, you coming to this? I'd like to see your green hair in person.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Do double jump feints against grabby Olimars. It's crazy stuff.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

I'm going to reiterate; At Gamelot Monthly #1, I think I played against a Meta Knight in all 7-8 rounds, except one round...

Where I played a Snake.

mmmmmyea....

Any tips?

I reallyyyy want to go all Sonic, but I mighttt consider another char incase i have to fight an olimar. I have a decent marth so i might use him. But I still think I'll go all Sonic anyways.
Yeah, I was waiting. Apparently, Steak is my quarternary, or something...

I'll tell you what I told myself: Be cool, don't give into pressure, and just play. Remember, they are ALL too slow.

Oh, and EXPECT Meta Knight in every match, even if the guy says "I don't play Meta Knight".

lol at Snakes, and pwn Falcos, and be wary of lOlimars.

Wait a second...I went Sonic vs. GaW...on Rainbow Cruise. You have no excuse; If you go anything less than 100% Sonic...

I will take a bite out of your steak for every misteak you do in your matches. There's alot at steak here for you Napi. I find that pinning the opponent down works; steak them into the ground with dthrow, and tech chase.

Meaty puns ftw.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I'm going to reiterate; At Gamelot Monthly #1, I think I played against a Meta Knight in all 7-8 rounds, except one round...

Where I played a Snake.

mmmmmyea....

Yeah, I was waiting. Apparently, Steak is my quarternary, or something...

I'll tell you what I told myself: Be cool, don't give into pressure, and just play. Remember, they are ALL too slow.

Oh, and EXPECT Meta Knight in every match, even if the guy says "I don't play Meta Knight".

lol at Snakes, and pwn Falcos, and be wary of lOlimars.

Wait a second...I went Sonic vs. GaW...on Rainbow Cruise. You have no excuse; If you go anything less than 100% Sonic...

I will take a bite out of your steak for every misteak you do in your matches. There's alot at steak here for you Napi. I find that pinning the opponent down works; steak them into the ground with dthrow, and tech chase.

Meaty puns ftw.
LOL at the puns.

I'm not worried about metaknight match-ups too bad. haven't lost to more than 2 MKs, and one was because of a suicide. Falco is also easy peasy. A good fox is wayyyy harder than falco IMO. Stupid Usmash hah.

Thanks for the tips =]

I shall go all Sonic!

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
OMFG...I just realized....I actually am gonna be in the city that day. But fuck me, It's because I'm marching in the parade that day. Sorry Box. ;___;

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

I'll want to see MK banned once I conclude it to be an unfair matchup for Sonic =P
Im sorry, but my MK is straight garbage, I only play him in FFAs and all i do is IDC, but Im completely confident that i can 3 stock any sonic player, I also love the steak
LOL at the puns.

I'm not worried about metaknight match-ups too bad. haven't lost to more than 2 MKs, and one was because of a suicide. Falco is also easy peasy. A good fox is wayyyy harder than falco IMO. Stupid Usmash hah.

Thanks for the tips =]

I shall go all Sonic!
im not so sure on the fox falco thing but w/e to each their own, i just want to reiterate, the only reason the MK sonic match isnt 9-1 is because good MKs so far have too much honor (lol) to spam f-air to that degree

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Im sorry, but my MK is straight garbage, I only play him in FFAs and all i do is IDC, but Im completely confident that i can 3 stock any sonic player, I also love the steak
In the friendliest way possible, I'd like to see you try =]. I mean if hylian didn't 3 stock puffball, even if it was his second time using MK and he was having an off day, I doubt your statement would hold true =P. IDC is banned in tourneys anyways, under the general ruleset.

And Ok, so falco isn't exactly easy, but I still find it easier than fox.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion

im not so sure on the fox falco thing but w/e to each their own, i just want to reiterate, the only reason the MK sonic match isnt 9-1 is because good MKs so far have too much honor (lol) to spam f-air to that degree
Napilopez, I'll say what you wanted to.

KID, come to Oh Snap. $50 says you can't 3 stock me once in a 2/3 or 3/5 set. If I beat you, I expect $100 instead.

You're confident enough to say you can 3 stock any Sonic player, put your money where your ******** mouth is. Otherwise, STFU.

Where is Oh Snap?

:093:
Oklahoma. :D!

EDIT: I still think MK should be banned. Colorado doesn't use him, mind you, but it'd still be nice.

___X___

Smash Lord
Tsk tsk IOZ, i know Napolize or whatever the hell his name is shouldn't be cocky, but neither should you... :O

you really never know whats coming at you...

until it ACTUALLY HITS YOU!

so yep, that's all i gotta say,

but i know i can **** every other sonic XD

woot

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
**** them how? In Sonic dittos? ****, I'll throw those matches just because of how much I hate them.

Honestly, I'll take the challenge v Kid. I'm positive he can't 3 stock me. If Sethlon couldn't after like... 2 rounds, he can't, for sure.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Tsk tsk IOZ, i know Napolize or whatever the hell his name is shouldn't be cocky, but neither should you... :O

you really never know whats coming at you...

until it ACTUALLY HITS YOU!

so yep, that's all i gotta say,

but i know i can **** every other sonic XD

woot
Just call me Napi or Nape XD, mr _X_(Oh yea, I only put one underscore per side, watcha gonna do about it? =P jk)

I think you misinterpretted my post and IoZ's posts.

I wasn't trying to be cocky, was moreso stating how KID could commit to such a bombastic statement such as being able to 3 stock every sonic with his self-proclaimed garbage MK. I also stated some kind of evidence as to why such a feat would be so difficult for KID. Not impossible, but highly higly unlikely.

Interim of Zeal was simply reiterating my views, in a more, ahh, "competitive" manner.

Whatever argument you may have for banning MK, saying you can 3 stock every Sonic with a garbage MK you use infrequently is going too far. I assume KID was exagerating, but still.

EDIT:

**** them how? In Sonic dittos? ****, I'll throw those matches just because of how much I hate them.
QFT

Sonic ditto's are a pain, unless its against certain coolio people =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom