• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

___X___

Smash Lord
WOW DA KID your a freakin ****** if you think losing to a 13 year old(dai-A)

means that i suck, you obviously don't know how good he is.

he can sure as hell **** your scrubby @$$.

not only is he best in state in utah but he also beat the whole colorado and took 1st.

yes, you can even ask IZZY.

Whoa whoa WHOA!

Do NOT insult Dai-A. Kid is chill as hell, and is actually really really REALLY good. Seriously, don't even think you can trash talk him. He knows his stuff.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
alrighty now that ive livened the place up... lol

1. you are all right, i should not insult people that i do not know, that was wrong of me and i am sorry
*bows respectfully*

2. lol at puffballs techchase.

3. not trying to incite any more riot up in here, but i think me and X are the only ones in this thread that have any tourney wins for sonic.

4. since tenki has explained like 6 times now that mindgames dont factor in to character match up. i am going to say that snake sonic is around 35-65 snakes favor. and half of my arguement will be that snakes jab ***** everything sonic has except for the following:
tipped back air
forward smash
down smash (maybe)
fully charged down-b

5. i only used the up tilt into mortar as a simple example of tilts and explosives being used at the same time. theres also top of the screen nikitas to back air, down throw near landmine, up tilt to C4 (which again, probably wont happen because we are sonic and we are fast enough to stick it back onto him, but its just an example) among other things

6. i may only be saying this because i dont play too many really experienced oli's but i dont seem to have all that much trouble with him

7. i also apologise for misspelling "mecca" i got anime on the brain, i just bought an utada CD today

8. i watched anthers vids as well, and he strikes me as a player who is really good at brawl but who isnt necessarily good with sonic

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
2. lol at puffballs techchase.

3. not trying to incite any more riot up in here, but i think me and X are the only ones in this thread that have any tourney wins for sonic.
2. lol, missed the grab. M1|\|d-94/\/\3z

3. I just want to point out that just because you've won a tournament, that doesn't give your statements any more or less true than others like Tenki or Napz.

I can be super-steak-serious for the time, but I choose not to.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Yay cheeze!

Also, as a random snake note, I think dtilt goes UNDER his jab, and hits snake. Lol. I remember doing it once in amatch, but I'm not totally sure, lol.

And 65:35 is way too much in snakes favor IMO, but I guess we'll continue discussing this more whenever he comes up in the matchup thread. Snakes jab has never bothered me that much idk why.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Srsly. Olimar is the ONLY time I feel like I'm beaten by a character rather than a player.
i can agree with this. oli was the only reason i didnt place higher than 17th in my last tourney. i mean, when u 3 stock a guy easily and then lose the next 2 coz he changed character... makes me think its gotta b the matchup..

they were close tho :(

EDIT: is my result gonna go up or doesnt this thing get updated anymore.....? :036:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I consistently place anywhere from 4th-7th in Colorado tournaments with Sonic. I just don't bother to report the results because I don't care. But hey, whatever. You took 5th at a 16 person biweekly. Your mom must be very proud of you.

4. since tenki has explained like 6 times now that mindgames dont factor in to character match up. i am going to say that snake sonic is around 35-65 snakes favor. and half of my arguement will be that snakes jab ***** everything sonic has except for the following:
tipped back air
forward smash
down smash (maybe)
fully charged down-b
Dsmash sucks, and >b is better than vB, due to the invincibility on the hop. Also, running perfect shield>grab beats EVERYTHING Snake has, FOR FREE. Not mindgames there, just something Sonic has. Not to mention his dash dance can get a move tossed out, then you can run away, and come RIGHT BACK while they're still pulling their arms in. Mindgames might not factor for character match-ups, but feints should.

Never mind the fact that Sonic ***** the living hell out of Snake when you get the guy off stage. Just saying, dair is amazing.

5. i only used the up tilt into mortar as a simple example of tilts and explosives being used at the same time. theres also top of the screen nikitas to back air, down throw near landmine, up tilt to C4 (which again, probably wont happen because we are sonic and we are fast enough to stick it back onto him, but its just an example) among other things
All of those sound like they're your fault. Top of screen nikita to bair? Bair still has hella lag. Dthrow near landmine? Why did you even let them plant a landmine? utilt c4? How'd he even sticky you?

6. i may only be saying this because i dont play too many really experienced oli's but i dont seem to have all that much trouble with him
I think the match-up is VERY style-dependant. If you can gimp heavily, Olimar gets *****. If you can't... It's not good times. Olimar can zone and camp all day long.

8. i watched anthers vids as well, and he strikes me as a player who is really good at brawl but who isnt necessarily good with sonic
Welcome to Brawl. Population - Mindgames.

Now stop talking like you're hot ****. You're not.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
god, im gonna look like such a egomaniac for this

[*] 5th -da K.I.D 1st out of 16 @ Arena 51 Rochester New York Biweekly

[/LIST]
thats the fifth day in july, i got 1st in the tourney

also, yes attacks can get through somebody holding the jab button with snake, but its hard. just like attacks can hit through the whorenado, that doesnt mean its not overpowered.

and you shouldnt say that snakes explosion combos arent going to ever happen, we are only human and from time to time we will make mistakes, maybe you f-right above snake when you meant to n-air, and you get that stupid lag, thats enough time to stick c4 on you.... Maybe you get caught in a jab combo, that knocks you far away enough to set a land mine.
again, it proly won happen, but nobodys perfect...

and on the power shielding note, cant everybody do that?
it doesnt seem like something special that only applies to sonic

like i said, i dont know much about olimar, but basic SC seems to do really good against him

now normally i would agree with you on the "im not hott shiz" topic, but i have to disagree. i am definitely a very good sonic player, but the point i think you were trying to make still stands, in that i have no right to speak as if i am better than you. that much is true, and again i apologise for my earlier rudeness

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oops. My bad. Where are your recent wins?

EDIT: And it's still just a bi-weekly. I personally don't think a tournament should count until it hits at least the 40 man mark. Anything below that is just playing one or two okay players, and a bunch of scrubs.

Then again, it's Sonic. We still have to work for our wins.

Anther

Smash Champion
Heyas ;p. Lots of talk about mememe in here.
Thanks for the praises and such but I'm far from being a strong Sonic secondary or main atm. I have a lot to learn in terms of his techniques and those vids don't really show off all my progress really, considering they're like my first times using him in tourney ..(with a 2 stock ruleset and such..). He is the most fun character in the game by far though XD.
I AM trying to get good with sonic though, and I usually learn chars by slowly adding techniques to my fighting style as opposed to just doing a lot and ... just stuff.

Anyways, that was like my first time using sonic 'seriously' in tourney this weekend, but he doesn't really compare to my lucario or pika yet, so... if yall weren't so **** weird I'd be able to find some information on how to play the character XD.

I resent the being good at brawl but not good with sonic comment. Just because I don't spinshot and go crazy with shield cancels (yet ;p )... If I played ness nothing good would've came out of that... but that could just be because sonic's a better character than Ness.

These are all the recent matches where I don't get ***** on JJ's though. XD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl44vnqg16U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0I0mLVk04Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJmhCTjfov0

Sorry there aren't any vids against anyone but Panda, so you don't really get to see how I play against other styles of players x_X... though My sonic isn't very impressive anyway, soo.... meh :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i never said you have to go crazy with ATs to be good with sonic, i was just noticing that (like you said) you dont have all the properties all memorised and things like that so it appeared somewhat stagnant in that you used a lot of basic down b.
if i were to give you any advice, it would be to use down and forward tilt more.
they are better than people give them credit for, and not advanced in the slightest

and dude, if I played pika like you do i wouldnt even bother playing other characters,
that QAC lock you pulled on DK was sick-rediculous

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Thanks for the praises and such but I'm far from being a strong Sonic secondary or main atm. I have a lot to learn in terms of his techniques and those vids don't really show off all my progress really, considering they're like my first times using him in tourney ..(with a 2 stock ruleset and such..). He is the most fun character in the game by far though XD.
I AM trying to get good with sonic though, and I usually learn chars by slowly adding techniques to my fighting style as opposed to just doing a lot and ... just stuff.

Anyways, that was like my first time using sonic 'seriously' in tourney this weekend, but he doesn't really compare to my lucario or pika yet, so... if yall weren't so **** weird I'd be able to find some information on how to play the character XD.

I resent the being good at brawl but not good with sonic comment. Just because I don't spinshot and go crazy with shield cancels (yet ;p )... If I played ness nothing good would've came out of that... but that could just be because sonic's a better character than Ness.

Sorry there aren't any vids against anyone but Panda, so you don't really get to see how I play against other styles of players x_X... though My sonic isn't very impressive anyway, soo.... meh :p
Hey glad to see anyone with good smash skillz in general join the Sonics. You should really check the stickies. The Thread Index Zone is especially helpful. I would recommend you read up Tenki's thread on the Spindash/charge mechanics. The matchup threads are useful too. Then of course there is the list of techniques thread, if theres anything you don't get we'd be gald to explain and help XD.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Anther, I really like your Sonic, I'm glad to have you join the crew (Try not to get possessed by our steak...) But seriously, I don't care if you didn't incorporate all the techs yet, I thought you had a very solid Sonic, I also liked how well you shield dash grabbed. Not only that, you followed up a grab with ANOTHER grab. I'm so used to following with a spin dash. I really hope you stay true to the blue.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Srsly. Olimar is the ONLY time I feel like I'm beaten by a character rather than a player.
jump jump ;d

tipped back air
forward smash
down smash (maybe)
fully charged down-b

- ;D but fighting Snake players is still fighting players. Which is why it's still free reign to rant at you when it's not a matchup discussion.

- Doesn't it kinda solidify the idea that Sonic is more of a "tool" for the player than a character, that at the core of things, his gameplay is really 'basic' and even if he sucks as a character, it can still be raepful if under the hands of a good player? The AT's and cancels are icing, not a staple.

lol i just watched part of the first one, but I don't know if it's just me, but the audio/video don't seem to be synched. I'm hearing moves before they happen and it's really annoying.

XD love the U-throw>U-throw starter in the first match- it screamed JUSTICE for the people who think Sonic will always U-air when you're above him lol. good stuff though :laugh:

Anyway, the disappointment is partly because we want to see a steak with all the icing on it.
With more icing, and, in a sense, more lies, than cake.

It's really been a torrent of spam lately, but most of the good information is in the "Thread Index Zone" and stickies anyway ;p

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
The thing about Anther's Sonic is that it most probably has really big potential.
I mean there was just the basics in there and it still passed off as a decent Sonic. Encorporate AT's into your game effectively, and it'd be ****.
Seriously though, there's so much crap on the boards that you probably won't find anything useful. Have any questions about anything and I'm sure we'll answer, though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
perfect example of icing vs steak
the KID CG
steak: anther up throws and stands still to wait for the landing for another up throw

Icing: KID up throws and runs around to ensure the air dodge than regrabs upon landing.
from my experience, with the people i play with, if I stand still after the up throw, the opponent knows that im not going for the follow up and doesnt airdodge into the ground, but as long as im moving, i can get them to air dodge on instinct.

its essentially the same move, but i add what could be construed as unnessicary or superflous moves for the sake of flair.

Anther

Smash Champion
Oh my lord that's a lot of replies for just 20 minutes XD.
Thanks for the compliments and tips. But like I said, there was a bit more nervousness in those vids than probably any of the other matches I'd played that day. A huge crowd gathered for some reason when I played that set and made me feel like I had something to prove >.>. XD. Accept the johns >=o. Steak and icing sounds pretty delicious right now actually, I'm a little pregnant so it's alright. But yah, I see the crazy potential in sonic's tech chase/punish game and it's pretty sexy.
It's also fun to prove people wrong ( OS ) who are all like "All you have to do is dtilt and you beat sonic."... but that's for another day.

We'll see what happens.

And also, yeah the first vid's audio isn't synced very well, and you guys should watch the beginning of the 3rd vid for some pretty looking ... sonic chasing XD.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
He likes staying on the stage instead of chasing and he spins from too far away. Spin works better to punish.

But yeah. Good stuff. He played with Panda on Stickam and I got to see ALOT of his Sonic.

___X___

Smash Lord
well, i just came back from one of my weekly tournys.

and i got 1st out of 16

at Pnt

OCT 2nd

and STILL went all sonic, and i beat that ******* snake in teh finals.

woot.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
well, i just came back from one of my weekly tournys.

and i got 1st out of 16

at Pnt

OCT 2nd

and STILL went all sonic, LIES! and i beat that ******* snake in teh finals.

woot.
You lost when you went DDD vs me lol. Your DDD is way good but your sonic is better. Stick with Sonic. And these weekly tourney are only best of one on a random stage, so I'm not sure what that counts for.

Anyways, back on topic. X's sonic is ****. He's going to bring sonic out of low tier haha. He's too good.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You lost when you went DDD vs me lol. Your DDD is way good but your sonic is better. Stick with Sonic. And these weekly tourney are only best of one on a random stage, so I'm not sure what that counts for.

Anyways, back on topic. X's sonic is ****. He's going to bring sonic out of low tier haha. He's too good.
1. a tourney win is a tourney win, as long as you win money, otherwise, its meaningless.

2. ok, now im positive that there is a trend among who the sonic mainers second. Its incredibly weird too, since i play like 6 characters and they are all in the list
D3: X, 3000, Me
Lucario: DJ, Me, a bunch of others
Fox: i think ROOOOY said he plays fox, a couple others and Me

this is really weird

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I actually second TL, only for the fact that his aeiral game/spacing can own when done right. Plus, obviously, outright KO potential, xD

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
KID, I don't really have a second. I was testing out Fox before but he's actually awful so I gave up.

If/when I go to a tourney, I'll probably go all Sonic, even against horrible match ups like Wario.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ha he didn't win any money.
WTF?! than what did he get? maybe i should edit my post to say that as long as theres no items the tourney counts. unlesss....

KID, you read my mind, xD
you play fox too right?

KID, I don't really have a second. I was testing out Fox before but he's actually awful so I gave up.

If/when I go to a tourney, I'll probably go all Sonic, even against horrible match ups like Wario.
WTF are you stupid? Fox is amazing! hes everything sonic should be. i combo harder with fox than i do with any of my other characters. oh my god, this one time i pulled off like 50% with a ledge hopped f-air, to a full jumped f-air, to a double jump f-air, and it killed... my controller was all sticky when the match was over, it was so satisfying

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No, i actually am all Sonic. My TL is scrubby... developed bad habits that don't cary over, lol. I mained Young Link, so assumed TL be beast. Can be... but my Sonic ownz harder so....

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm happy that you killed someone who couldn't DI out of or airdodge to avoid Fox's fair. It's an achievement that will go down in Foxy History.
I'd rather have a decent secondary really.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1. a tourney win is a tourney win, as long as you win money, otherwise, its meaningless.

2. ok, now im positive that there is a trend among who the sonic mainers second. Its incredibly weird too, since i play like 6 characters and they are all in the list
D3: X, 3000, Me
Lucario: DJ, Me, a bunch of others
Fox: i think ROOOOY said he plays fox, a couple others and Me

this is really weird
I guess I should break this trend?

I'll NEVER play as my secondary in tournament, not because I will lose, but because I MUST play as the blue blur.

I'll never make the misteak of picking my secondary, or anyone else.

BUT

If you must know:

My secondary is Jiggz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom