• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somethin' stuck in your beard? Share a tip!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Falco + Ganon = one giant gimmick. lol

The ONLY thing worthwhile in that team is the choke > laser lock > WP setup. Of course, this in and of itself makes the team wholly worthwhile. But it depends on which victory condition you're aiming for. The one that wins you money, or the one that puts hair on your balls.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Uhh, A2, if someone is just camping, you do realize it's really, REALLY easy to predict what she does, right?

And why bother going for the early kills? So long as we aren't offstage, with good DI she kills us at like 200%. We kill her at half that. You seem to be forgetting that Ganon learns the moves "Powershield" and "Spotdodge".

Can we buffer a dash attack to hit Samus before she gets up? I can never find the chart when I need it.
Effective camping is not merely predictable. Sometimes it is, especially if it doesn't need to be complicated to work against a character like Ganon who is bad at dealing with camping. Spotdodging is a horrible idea for Ganon, and even moreso against Samus, who rarely ever makes moves that are punishable by spotdodge. Powershielding is good, but chances are you're still not landing your best KO moves on her from powershields.

Also her tilts alone give her a better ground game than what you have that keeps you out effectively. Her Dash Attack depending on how deep she lands it also can be a safe crossover option.

And no, you don't kill her at 100% unless you edgeguard her extremely well. She will basically survive just as long as you do if the only moves you hit her with are Dash Attack, grab, and U-air/B-air. Which is generally what you're actually able to land on her.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Found a beast way to poop on Ike's recovery when playing San. It's pretty obvious, but it's amazing. Just do the same thing you do to D3 when he Up-Bs: Aerial Wizkick. With really good timing, you'll trade hits with his Aether and send him down.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Found a beast way to poop on Ike's recovery when playing San. It's pretty obvious, but it's amazing. Just do the same thing you do to D3 when he Up-Bs: Aerial Wizkick. With really good timing, you'll trade hits with his Aether and send him down.
From what I can imagine, it really depends on the timing due to Aether hitting you on the ascent and descent whereas Super Jump doesn't.

But nonetheless a nice surprise for edge-Aether happy Ikes.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
From what I can imagine, it really depends on the timing due to Aether hitting you on the ascent and descent whereas Super Jump doesn't.

But nonetheless a nice surprise for edge-Aether happy Ikes.
Super jump? I wanna say you're referring to FoG, but in this context it makes no sense. o_O

And yeah, it does depend on the timing. You have to preempt them (not that hard considering Ike has no other options when recovering below the ledge) so you can down-B right as they get to the peak of Aether. I was able to do it to San several times.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
by super jump, he's referring to d3's up-b, its official name is super dedede jump, so i would assume thats the case.
also, this is going to hurt me at some point, i just know it XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I always keep underestimating the massive priority of Ganon's aerial Down-B. I'm betting the move is secretly disjointed, because it at minimum TRADES with a bunch of things that I usually call disjointed.

If you can, I'd appreciate a video of this trick, so I can get a better idea of the spacing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its disjointed, by only by a small amount, as ikes u-air still beats it, and its not much space between the hitbox and hurtbox on that move
but yes, still disjointed

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
by super jump, he's referring to d3's up-b, its official name is super dedede jump, so i would assume thats the case.
also, this is going to hurt me at some point, i just know it XD
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Thanks for helping clear that up.

Just off the top of my head, but wouldn't a running off the stage b-air work better?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Thanks for helping clear that up.

Just off the top of my head, but wouldn't a running off the stage b-air work better?
At first, this seems like a good idea, but I've tried it. It's extremely risky and doesn't go through his super armor on it. Down-B keeps Ganon on stage and guarantees a safe spike.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I use to do a reverse Nair behind Ike during his Up+b.
The spacing is tricky, but the long lasting hitbubbles are amazing.

Not strong enough at very low %'s, though.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I sDI and Uair Bowser every time he does that, but I've never done a double Uair. That looked pretty lucky to me.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The double UAir looks like the product of UAiring, canceling it by getting hit by the flame again and UAiring again. Really cool, but not entirely sure if pulling it off's realistic.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so sorry if this is obvious or known or whatever.

Gerudo > Dtilt > Gerudo > Dtilt

You can chain this for a short while on what seems to be most characters

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Alright, so sorry if this is obvious or known or whatever.

Gerudo > Dtilt > Gerudo > Dtilt

You can chain this for a short while on what seems to be most characters
Oh yeah. One of the most basic Ganon techniques. Though, most people will just learn to jump after the first Dtilt. If they do, just predict it and punish the jump.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i tend to prefer gerudo>dtilt>uair>DJfair
although i cant seem to get dtilt to land from gerudo on most characters

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Uthrow doesn't really have any purposes beyond maybe at Battlefield. It's too easy to DI it, and it has enough knockback that it'll eventually send them too far to be useful. D:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Iunno, Ex, what about Wizkick. xD

The one move that'd bring Ganon up a tier if it had significant knockback, yet it has so little, it's unsafe on hit against most characters until ~50%.

Another fun tip. My friend Yume showed me a trick that Snake can do. When he told me what characters it worked against, I just became more convinced that it's truly impossible for Ganon to catch a break. If Snake ducks during Ganon's GUA, it won't hit Snake. It only works against Samus and, you guessed it, Ganon.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Has anyone ever thought of what uses Uthrow has? I haven't seen it being discussed about at all.
Uthrow doesn't really have any purposes beyond maybe at Battlefield. It's too easy to DI it, and it has enough knockback that it'll eventually send them too far to be useful. D:
Knockback seems to be one thing Ganon has too much of.
Iunno, Ex, what about Wizkick. xD

The one move that'd bring Ganon up a tier if it had significant knockback, yet it has so little, it's unsafe on hit against most characters until ~50%.
I really like U-throw. Ganon is a very strong character when his opponent is above him. I'll U-throw here and there when I feel like my D-throws get DIed a lot, and when F-throw/B-throw really won't accomplish much besides chip damage.

Ganon needs more knockback on Jab, at least one throw, and wizkick. But seriously, I really hate Ganon's Jab. It's just dumb. Only 9%, 8 frames, gets ***** by spotdodge, and isn't a kill move forever.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I like Ganon's new D-tilt, F-smash, Flame Choke, Dash Attack, and evil laugh. Those at least went pretty well.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Has anyone ever thought of what uses Uthrow has? I haven't seen it being discussed about at all.
TP used to pseudo-chaingrab me online with up throw/pivot grabs in Ganon dittos. I found it to be hilarious.

Eskay

Smash Cadet
When you jump and Dair on your way down, if you jump quick enough after putting in the Dair command, you could be doing a Dair while jumping back up, which might prove useful when hanging on a legde. This specific method only works with Tap Jump, but it helps if you don't want to waste precious frames reaching for the C-stick.

EDIT: Forget what I said about the Tap Jump. I realized I was instinctively pressing the jump button.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
When you jump and Dair on your way down, if you jump quick enough after putting in the Dair command, you could be doing a Dair while jumping back up, which might prove useful when hanging on a legde. This specific method only works with Tap Jump, but it helps if you don't want to waste precious frames reaching for the C-stick.

EDIT: Forget what I said about the Tap Jump. I realized I was instinctively pressing the jump button.
Using Dair from a ledgedrop is not a very good idea. It has no horizontal range, it only hits with the sourpot from the move, and you get landing lag when you return to the stage.

Also, you can't DJ from a SH Dair. The move doesn't end quick enough.

Top Bottom