• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone Else Do a Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Can we put requests on here for vids we'd like to see? like between Samus vs. -ing a Character? This may be counted as spam but it's an honest question.plz dun ban me k-thnx

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Can we put requests on here for vids we'd like to see? like between Samus vs. -ing a Character? This may be counted as spam but it's an honest question.plz dun ban me k-thnx
You're more than welcome to request, but I don't know if anyone will actually put up videos of Samus brawling with those characters you or anyone else might request.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Too True :( well thanks for that tid bit of Info. Personally I'd liek to see some Vs Against pit. I know those two can do amazing together on a team so I'm wondering what'll go down when they turn on each other.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Hey Dryn congrats on the mod power.. and with not that many posts too.

Anyway could you make it easy to find the updates in your OP? i dont know what you updated on 3/3/09 and i'd like to. Maybe put a NEW tag next to new stuff? Great thread by the way keep it up.

please give DAD mod power too.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Because she was stating "I main Samus" Which confused the hell out of me because I have NEVER seen her post once at all. <__< Shes claiming "I know the Samus vs Kirby matchup very well because I main Samus as well as Kirby"

Just confirming if anyone has even HEARD of her.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Because she was stating "I main Samus" Which confused the hell out of me because I have NEVER seen her post once at all. <__< Shes claiming "I know the Samus vs Kirby matchup very well because I main Samus as well as Kirby"

Just confirming if anyone has even HEARD of her.
lolnope.
I read that too and was like wtff?? btw did someone ask you to help in the kirby boards or where you just bored surfing other chars?

Ravin

Smash Lord
They posted it in our matchup thread, seeing as the kirby mains were "claiming" to know the matchup, I threw my two cents in.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
They posted it in our matchup thread, seeing as the kirby mains were "claiming" to know the matchup, I threw my two cents in.
I read your post and agree. Samus vs. Kirby is hard, in ym oppinion because z airing he can basically run underneath it. you have to be pro with the z air. for us though jsut rely heavily on homing missiles I guess and Dtilts. that's what I do and it comes out pretty even.

CP if it's allowed Sky world the ledges allow you to missile then double jump and z air numerious times. just make sure your good on the stage.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Does this thread serve as a video discussion as well? Or do we have to make a separate topic for that too -_-

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has constructive criticism for my Samus vs. Ness. I'll be adding some vids vs Falco and Diddykong soon, just gotta figure out how to make videos on a Mac first..

thanks in advance

Ravin

Smash Lord
@ Noob - I thought you main Snake <3 You do alot better in the Samus matchup then I do. Only thing I can say is maor Missiles? :D

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Please read the first page! Do NOT post any links that direct to a YouTube video. Send the video(s) to me, and I will be more than happy to post them up on the first page.

this is a teams match with xyro and sethlon

the ending is amazing!!

Bimz

Smash Cadet
Does this thread serve as a video discussion as well? Or do we have to make a separate topic for that too -_-

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has constructive criticism for my Samus vs. Ness. I'll be adding some vids vs Falco and Diddykong soon, just gotta figure out how to make videos on a Mac first..

thanks in advance
You were spot dodging a lot when you were close enough to get punished with a bthrow...

...space your pivot grabs better...

...wow. just stay more airborne maybe so you don't get grabbed so much...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

thanks in advance
yes talking about vids is fine just dont post links, please.

You were spot dodging a lot when you were close enough to get punished with a bthrow...

...space your pivot grabs better...

...wow. just stay more airborne maybe so you don't get grabbed so much...
i disagree. if you go airborn alot, ness's fair will eat you alive.

pivot grabs are thought of on the fly, so its rather hard to PLAN one out and alot the sproper spacing.

off topic: man i just saw my doubles match with sethlon. lucky explosion saved our ***'s

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
QFT.

Is it just me, or does anyone else seem to have a major issue with the Ness Vs Samus matchup?

i do. cause ness nair oos beats samus is shes any where close to do melee damage. and if u stay far back ness can eat your missles with fair and powershield the rest.

i rely on level tricks to beat him

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I do decent against Ness, I've fought my friend and he mains him so I've gotten used to it a little. He airdodges through the missles then nairs on his way down when I try to punish witha grab, or if I fire a missile, he's cancel it with nair and we'll be abck to square 1 except he's half the distance away now.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lol, am i gonna be the only one posting matches against high tiers?
Half the matches posted are against low tiers.... =(

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lol, any stage that mk can fly under and Uair samus completely ruins her. </3

which mean youll get ***** on either rainbow cruise, delfine or halberd. Lollll, if a mk brings me to those stages id NEVER pick samus lolll

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lol, this is why id never ask samus boards for help.

MKs Uair which comes out on frame 2, and will not clash or trade hits, if spaced proper.... vs samus 8 frame startup dair, which if missed will mean an easy 'nado. Not to mention i said Under the stage.... which dair cant reach.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
yeah i agree carter most of the samus boards just argue so its hard to get a opinion in, Thats why i hardly post unless someone is being stupid or i have something i feel is really nessacery.

Hive

Smash Lord
so? mk ***** samus, what's your point? that isn't new. still dair, airdodge, double jump(if you have it) and bombs (di) are just about the only things you can do if mk is under you, mk will beat you in this position using those, doesn't mean they aren't the best choice though.

he'll usually uair you and then nado (sometimes trying to get you to ko off the top of the level but usually just for damage) its hard stuff to deal with :(
I still think mk is one of if not her hardest matchups. maybe ddd or falco too.

against his uair you can try to avoid it if you can, which probably won't work. or you can try to dair him, which ALSO probably won't work, so options are pretty limited. however what makes dair an occassionally decent tactic in just regular situations where mk is below you is that if the mk does mess up or spaces it wrong (and you di it right) it will usually have a mediocre chance of spiking him depending on percentage and position. bomb plus di is probably your best bet though and ad imo if you don't have your jump though... :/

if mk is trying to uair you from under the stage though your only real options are to find a platform/avoid it, make his options more limited and make space. try to predict and avoid/shield or punish depending on what he uses.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
so? mk ***** samus, what's your point? that isn't new. still dair, airdodge, double jump(if you have it) and bombs (di) are just about the only things you can do if mk is under you, mk will beat you in this position using those, doesn't mean they aren't the best choice though.

he'll usually uair you and then nado (sometimes trying to get you to ko off the top of the level but usually just for damage) its hard stuff to deal with :(
I still think mk is one of if not her hardest matchups. maybe ddd or falco too.

against his uair you can try to avoid it if you can, which probably won't work. or you can try to dair him, which ALSO probably won't work, so options are pretty limited. however what makes dair an occassionally decent TACtic in just regular situations where mk is below you is that if the mk does mess up or spaces it wrong (and you di it right) it will usually have a mediocre chance of spiking him depending on percentage and position. bomb plus di is probably your best bet though and ad imo if you don't have your jump though... :/

if mk is trying to uair you from under the stage though your only real options are to find a platform/avoid it, make his options more limited and make space. try to predict and avoid/shield or punish depending on what he uses.
I actually find metaknight a very easy matchup, im not sure how samus doesnt do well against him. Samus out camps meta and has all priority over his moves. Some of samuss priority in this matchup takes a lot of timing though so that could be a problem. :\

tha_carter

Smash Ace
@TAC
You should post more, you actually MAKE sense...and youre canadian. lolll

@hive
i never had a problem with Dair being said, it was the smug attitude brought with it. And for the record, i said mk ***** samus on 3 stages, not in general.

@Xyro
IsmaR 3 stocks every level 3 comp with this tactic, leave him.

Hive

Smash Lord
a good metaknight will always beat a samus imo ^^... always. i'm not sure how good the mk pool is where you are though, and I don't mean to say that as just an excuse or that's the only reason i could possibly lose to mk lol...
But, i mean, ask tudor, or me or xyro or anyone with decent mk exp. mk is a beast. samus can't do anything against him really. she can't spam bc mk approaches too fast and punishes too well, plus nado eats through almost all of her brickwalls. mk can kill samus offledge and even has a better spam game than her. having played sean, dsf and tanj, really, I don't see how samus could ever really win this matchup or even more impractical a series in a major tourney ^^

as soon as samus loses her jump offstage her movements become very punishable/predictable. just losing your double jump off the stage, say you try to jump and zair the opponent but miss etc, will often lead to vast amounts of damage, or a gimp. and there's not much you can do. mk's aerials outprioritize samus' options in that situation.

plus his grabs/speed/damage/aerials/ledge tactics/upb are also all very harsh.

i don't think (90-10) mk is an exaggeration really... :/

@thecarter- oh, i see ^^ sorry for the confusion then.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lol, this is why id never ask samus boards for help.

MKs Uair which comes out on frame 2, and will not clash or trade hits, if spaced proper.... vs samus 8 frame startup dair, which if missed will mean an easy 'nado. Not to mention i said Under the stage.... which dair cant reach.
D-air reaches everywhere. Lern2spaseandtiem.
yeah i agree carter most of the samus boards just argue so its hard to get a opinion in, Thats why i hardly post unless someone is being stupid or i have something i feel is really nessacery.
The only reason I argue is because either A) Some of the people here are morons B) Some people only ***** about how bad their main is, and how ____ ***** them rather than try to better them and 3) All of the above. That, or I'm trolling. Hard to tell sometimes.
WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WiTH YOU!?!?!?!?!?

NEVER DO THAT UNLESS THE META PLAYER DROPS HiS CONTROLER WHILE HES DOING A U-AiR.
Quiet you. And you wonder why you lose and why so many people hate you.
I actually find metaknight a very easy matchup, im not sure how samus doesnt do well against him. Samus out camps meta and has all priority over his moves. Some of samuss priority in this matchup takes a lot of timing though so that could be a problem. :\
This. Personally, MK is like my 3rd easiest match-up. Right behind Olimar and Snake.
Not worthy
Please gtfo my internet plz.
@hive
i never had a problem with Dair being said, it was the smug attitude brought with it. And for the record, i said mk ***** samus on 3 stages, not in general.
One of the stages you listed is my counterpick for playing MK. I never lose to a MK on Halberd.
@Xyro
IsmaR 3 stocks every level 3 comp with this tactic, leave him.
I'm pretty sure Razer isn't a lv 3 comp.

Good day Samus boards.

I said good day.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You people should be discussing this in Xyro's match-up thread.

IsmaR said:
I'm pretty sure Razer isn't a lv 3 comp.
On Wi-Fi.

Take these arguments in the proper thread. This is a video thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom