• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone Else Do a Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Good idea. question though, if we have vids do we send them to you to edit into that? or what
Just send me the video(s) and I'll do the editing. Like I said in the original post, do not put the links of your videos in this thread. I don't want this thread to be filled with unnecessary links that will already be posted onto the original post. This is not directed just to you, Cherry64. This is directed to all of the Samus board, both regular members and newcomers. I can't stress that enough.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Woo... So many different ways to play Samus...

ALMOST wants to make me get back into it... But Id have to drive to Denver for any tournaments.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
ALLSTAR41

Please STOP ROLLING

Thank you,
The Management

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
ALLSTAR41

Please STOP ROLLING

Thank you,
The Management
Hahaha I get caught doing that way too much, cutting back on it now and it's actually helping a lot. although I've gone airborn a lot more than I should and get punished for that instead. any tipss?? the vids don't really help me too much for that

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Samus's correct roll is performed in a different way. Instead of pressing L/R then tapping the control stick forward or backward, you do the process in reverse.

For example, to roll backwards, tap left, then tap L/R.

Tutorial thanks to rohins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upLXveFz_rY

ALLSTAR41

Smash Cadet
thanks for the help, but is there really a correct way to play samus? Everyone has their own style, mine just happens to be reverse of the norm i guess. I still learn a bunch everytime i play, so im not even close to finding a groove yet. The vid was fun to watch though :)

I also realize that i can get punished if i roll at the wrong time, but timing can help prevent that.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
thanks for the help, but is there really a correct way to play samus? Everyone has their own style, mine just happens to be reverse of the norm i guess. I still learn a bunch everytime i play, so im not even close to finding a groove yet. The vid was fun to watch though :)

I also realize that i can get punished if i roll at the wrong time, but timing can help prevent that.
Rolling should be minimized as much as possible. Samus really doesn't have that great of a roll, so it's better to just walk away or jump back. When you roll, you're stuck in that animation until it finishes. Walking away or jumping back gives you more options.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Am I doing anything really wrong? I know I need to work on Jabs and Sh Zair to Zair.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ UrANoob.

Dryn I will try to record some friendlies tomorrow or next weekend so I can contribute. ^_^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
^ UrANoob.

Dryn I will try to record some friendlies tomorrow or next weekend so I can contribute. ^_^
That would be good. I was going to get the videos of you brawling with that Olimar player. Videos, old or new, I accept. Just send me them through a private message, and it'll be all set.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Good thread Dryn.

i lol'd at Ismar's final combo in the vid, and Tudor getting three stocked by that ness. I was hoping to see some Samus vs (a good) Falco; if anyone can upload one, thatd be perfect. Ive almost given up on that matchup... =( especially since my secondaries do so well against him.

ill upload some vids.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Good thread Dryn.
i lol'd at Ismar's final combo in the vid, and Tudor getting three stocked by that ness. I was hoping to see some Samus vs (a good) Falco; if anyone can upload one, thatd be perfect. Ive almost given up on that matchup... =( especially since my secondaries do so well against him.

ill upload some vids.

Hopefully I'll be recording some matches this weekend of me playing a pretty food falco and others too.

Edit: so...... Sticky please?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
If you consider shdl->iap a good Falco then I will get videos with j4pu

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Good thread Dryn.

ill upload some vids.
We need more uploads of Falco. I brawled with a fellow yesterday, and my brother said, "He's really SK92." That was a joke, of course, but the way this guy played was like that of a very skilled Falco main. He beat me twice. If I had a recording device, you guys would probably enjoy the matches. They were very fun.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There's a strong chance I may be able to get some epic videos. Do you only accept one-on-ones? Because I found this epic Basic Brawl Team replay with people that were actually decent. Samus/Dedede team FTW.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
There's a strong chance I may be able to get some epic videos. Do you only accept one-on-ones? Because I found this epic Basic Brawl Team replay with people that were actually decent. Samus/Dedede team FTW.
I also accept doubles. If you're talking about Team Battle from Wi-Fi where no one knows who you are, and you don't know who they are, I'm really not too sure. I'll have to think about that one.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I also accept doubles. If you're talking about Team Battle from Wi-Fi where no one knows who you are, and you don't know who they are, I'm really not too sure. I'll have to think about that one.
If you're worried about people thinking that they were so bad in the video that they'd want it taken down, we went into Sudden Death, so it was a fairly even match. Won with a super missile and a Dedede f-tilt.

It was a Toon Link/Lucario team.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If you're worried about people thinking that they were so bad in the video that they'd want it taken down, we went into Sudden Death, so it was a fairly even match. Won with a super missile and a Dedede f-tilt.

It was a Toon Link/Lucario team.
I'd really prefer people that can be identified.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I can confirm that this replay was epic. Should be fine to post With Anyone vids IMHO.

/suscribing to topic post

Also, you didn't capitalize the R in my second vid Dryn. :(

I'm slowly but gradually getting vids up. I'd upload them all at once, but I'm featured in a combo vid coming up, and I don't want to spoil anything that may be included. I already spoiled the IsmaR/Dryn spike :ohwell:

Bil

Smash Ace
Does anyone want to do some friendlies sometime? I have the unlimited replay code in ocarina, so I could send them to someone who could record them, and they'll put them up on youtube or something...

Warning though, I don't play too much Singles...because its not really fun. I main Samus because she's amazing in teams, and that's all I really like.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Does anyone want to do some friendlies sometime? I have the unlimited replay code in ocarina, so I could send them to someone who could record them, and they'll put them up on youtube or something...

Warning though, I don't play too much Singles...because its not really fun. I main Samus because she's amazing in teams, and that's all I really like.
I'm game. I need something to do, anyway.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I can confirm that this replay was epic. Should be fine to post With Anyone vids IMHO.

/suscribing to topic post

Also, you didn't capitalize the R in my second vid Dryn. :(

I'm slowly but gradually getting vids up. I'd upload them all at once, but I'm featured in a combo vid coming up, and I don't want to spoil anything that may be included. I already spoiled the IsmaR/Dryn spike :ohwell:
I'll change the typo.

Please feel free to have some videos uploaded showing that you're not unbeatable. It's dishonest to have videos of people just winning. I'm going to have to ask Xyro about the replays I sent him. I want them posted up!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
oh cool thread Dryn great idea ^_^.
All of you should thank Xyro for the idea. Not that the idea is new or anything, but after my absence from my Samus guide, Xyro told me that I should create a video thread, since we didn't have one that could be updated. I just created it after Xyro told me more than once when we were in the Samus xatchat.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
:mad:Still no good vs falco matches? Dryn, play him again... beat him, and inspire me.

Oh, and it would be a good idea to add n00b's match beating that Olimar.
And somone vs a MK/G&W...
It would ATLEAST give the impression that samus can do well even in her bad matchups.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Power Shield more?

I thought there was a video of a Falco vs Samus fight from Xyro? Or was that the one he got ***** in?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
:mad:Still no good vs falco matches? Dryn, play him again... beat him, and inspire me.
That Falco player? He mains Snake, actually, and can beat me about 90% of the time if I get close. He doesn't use Falco, but I think he was trying him out. Maybe I can brawl with this other fellow whose Falco *****. I'll have to ask him. I should've saved some of the replays of my losses against a Mr. Game & Watch player from yesterday, too. And I think I'm going to have to take some time to consider that stupid Pokémon Trainer. I hate Charizard now.

Oh, and it would be a good idea to add n00b's match beating that Olimar.
And somone vs a MK/G&W...
It would ATLEAST give the impression that samus can do well even in her bad matchups.
Well, I'd have to have my replays recorded by someone else. I'll add the Olimar videos from n00b.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
too bad i didnt have my matches vs cpu and leepuff recorded lol

xoxokev should be bringing his dazzle to my place this friday, so I can get matches up vs j4pu's falco and xoxokev's ness. yup.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Woot, a sticky now. I was looking for it down on the list, but here it is at the top lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom