• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Palmdale crew and Azeem/everyone else planning on coming to WA.
i think we're trying to schedule a larger scale tourney during the summer sometime, most likelt july, or at least preferably. Alaska said theyve been wanting to come to WA, but theres never any big tourneys, but now. OR and BC would be there no doubt, and im trying to get AZ's attention. so...tell more socal and norcal then? :) :) :)
ill start a thread in this forum and let everyone know the deal once we get an official date or idea when itll be for sure. dealz? :D itll be mega-awesome XD

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
omfg lunin!!!!!!

<3 Lunin and his crazy space animals

Thanks Edrees, but you can't really count Chu in there. He tried to beat me with Pikachu in winners, after he switched to IC he beat me pretty convicingly.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
In Azn Lep's defense, he has defeated Kaiser, Luninspectra, Aesis, CAOTIC, and Chu, so that spans back to tournaments like OC2 and is recent too. Wasn't just one tournament. But still, these are some pretty good accomplishments, and I think anyone who's taken out these kind of names deserves a spot on there. Tell me who you think should be above him and has defeated similar talent?
yea ic wat your sayin edreese i wasnt lookin at tio or anything like jake i was going by pure memory so im sure i missed a lot so yea if he beat those ppl hes cool were hes at ^^

but anyway the list is really good now i like it a lot im sure a lot more hard work was put into deciding who to be on it,it seems a lot more improved and accurate ^^.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Azn Lep beat me once T-T and I beat him a bazillion times before he learnt the Wobbles crap! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNCUUUTE

<3 Pat

PandaX

Smash Lord
DUDE Ken! Why do you feel it's ok to come call us out in front of everyone by saying that you have no say in decisions?

The fact of the matter is; YOU ARE THE ONLY REASON manacloud wasn't dropped to 7/8. So i guess that means you always get over ruled and no one listens to what you say, right?

Please dude, we comprimise, we don't over rule. You just didn't like the comprimising. Stop acting like a victim.

So, as for ROFL, He obviously deserves top 20, he obviously will be top 20 next list. As for this list, we stopped counting new tournaments after best of 2006. Why? Because this list takes a lot to create, and if we keep adding new tournaments, we will keep having to start over. And at the time ROFL only had 1 tournament under his belt, best of 06. While his performance was incredibly impressive, we felt that one tournament just barely missed the cut of being enough to boost him past people with literally years of history under their belts. It's always good to see more than 1 tourney's results to make sure that the player's performance wasn't a fluke. In new events, ROFL has had more than 1 impressive tourney under his belt, and there is no doubt that he will enter the next list in good fashion. We just couldn't include those at this time.

Aesis, you have history on your side which is why you haven't dropped far below your crew members. Changes can come, but they will come gradually.

Rome dropped one spot only becuase he we inactive for a whole period so we couldn't assume that he deserved a bump to top 10, but we also COULD assume that he was better than 15-20, because he *****, and you just don't lose skill like that out of nowhere.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO UNDERSTAND:

Now, Let's discuss BOA/DC. The nature of these lists are CUMULATIVE. The fact is, we move people up or down based on their old placings. This automatically means we include old results even if we don't discuss them. Because the lists are cumulative, you have to realize that we consider a player's history, and BOA/DC do NOT have amazing histories. So what this does is it moves these players up GRADUALLY as opposed to having them move up a ridiculous amount of spots. And even then, boa moved in at 15 which is huge for being below 25 before this list. Same with DC.

Now, why is it better to move people up Gradually as opposed to just drastically moving them around based on current trends? Simple, you have to ask yourself a question:

If you are OK with BOA moving into the top 10 based on his current record...
are you OK with Ken moving down below top 10 if he starts ****ing up during a certain period?

"But Hugo, ken has such a good history that it wouldn't be right to drop him below 10th even if he starts ****ing up"
EXACTLY!
Just as it wouldn't be right to skyrocket a player with awful history just because he's been performing well as of late.

It's generally the same concept when moving players up or down. History comes into play in both ways. And using a player's history is the best way to do it.
Hugo wins the thread. GG

Aesis

Smash Ace
yea ic that would make more sense then and as far as aesis beating dc just cuz i could beat david doesnt mean im better than him he beats a lot of ranked ppl and has consistency seems like aesis is pretty up and down but i mean thats all opinion

Your argument also implies that "just because" DC beat me at one biweekly, it doesn't mean he is better than me, regardless of what you've seen him do.

Just because this, just because that. You're overlooking the fact that DC beat me ONCE, and you're concluding he's better than me just because he's faced more ranked people in tournament.

Before you argue against my consistency please check yourself and look at my brackets. Given, there were a couple of opportunities for me to advance to potentially face a ranked opponent, but due to my misfortune, NO I HAVEN'T FACED MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE RANKED. Rather, I've both defeated people I should beat based on this list and been defeated by very talented, unranked players.

Who have I lost to since these rankings came out?

CAOTIC, REL, BoA, Nick, Azn Lep, Wolf, DC, Blitz, SilentSpectre and DSF

Of those 10 players, I've only lost more than once to SilentSpectre and Wolf.
I got revengesies on DC and Blitz after my losses to BOTH. Very strong 2-0 revengsies after very close 1-2 losses. So I don't agree with your assumptions. I haven't been able to rematch any of the others, excepting BoA and 2 stocks of CAO/Edrees in crews.

I've gone to 3 games with every person I lost to except SilentSpectre and DSF.
I understand that I am "up and down" in a sense, me choking in crew battle and following that by taking Knives out in the Deep Socal vs Palmdale crew battle with 3 stock. People get nervous, people want retribution. I personally don't think that's inconsistency. I think that's me saying *** THAT, and living up to my reputation.

/defense

**** ICs

EzynJAY

Smash Lord

Your argument also implies that "just because" DC beat me at one biweekly, it doesn't mean he is better than me, regardless of what you've seen him do.

Just because this, just because that. You're overlooking the fact that DC beat me ONCE, and you're concluding he's better than me just because he's faced more ranked people in tournament.

Before you argue against my consistency please check yourself and look at my brackets. Given, there were a couple of opportunities for me to advance to potentially face a ranked opponent, but due to my misfortune, NO I HAVEN'T FACED MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE RANKED. Rather, I've both defeated people I should beat based on this list and been defeated by very talented, unranked players.

Who have I lost to since these rankings came out?

CAOTIC, REL, BoA, Nick, Azn Lep, Wolf, DC, Blitz, SilentSpectre and DSF

Of those 10 players, I've only lost more than once to SilentSpectre and Wolf.
I got revengesies on DC and Blitz after my losses to BOTH. Very strong 2-0 revengsies after very close 1-2 losses. So I don't agree with your assumptions. I haven't been able to rematch any of the others, excepting BoA and 2 stocks of CAO/Edrees in crews.

I've gone to 3 games with every person I lost to except SilentSpectre and DSF.
I understand that I am "up and down" in a sense, me choking in crew battle and following that by taking Knives out in the Deep Socal vs Palmdale crew battle with 3 stock. People get nervous, people want retribution. I personally don't think that's inconsistency. I think that's me saying *** THAT, and living up to my reputation.

/defense

**** ICs
u completly took my example out of context like i told petoo just cuz i beat david doesnt make me better than him and i was goin by consistency just because u step up doenst mean u dont step down either.

that doesnt mean your not a good player i was just tryin to see how the list works and used examples like i said it was imo but that doesnt mean anything apprently but its cool man your "rapsies and im notsies so u winsies."

dont be so 2 faced sos stop acting like your the good guy on the boards then say something different 2 some1 else but ur too good at smash im glad u make massive amounts of money with it.

petoo0

Smash Ace
u completly took my example out of context like i told petoo just cuz i beat david doesnt make me better than him and i was goin by consistency just because u step up doenst mean u dont step down either.

that doesnt mean your not a good player i was just tryin to see how the list works and used examples like i said it was imo but that doesnt mean anything apprently but its cool man your "rapsies and im notsies so u winsies."

dont be so 2 faced sos stop acting like your the good guy on the boards then say something different 2 some1 else but ur too good at smash im glad u make massive amounts of money with it.
LOL. I love the random pwnage of SOS. anyways aesis is just showing that his loses haven't been to nobodies. Other than biweeklies I have gone to big tournies with him and have seen who he plays. Thay are't fun people. Getting silentspectre in your like second round is gay.

Knivez

Smash Ace

me choking in crew battle and following that by taking Knives out in the Deep Socal vs Palmdale crew battle with 3 stock. People get nervous, people want retribution. I personally don't think that's inconsistency. I think that's me saying *** THAT, and living up to my reputation.

/defense

**** ICs

lol, i know exactly what you mean. talk about choksies. Did you see how i played against you Alan? i remember trying to waveshine but couldnt so i jumped ALOT. and then there was that amazing missed edgeguard which i airdodged off the stage instead of wavedashing to the ledge, letting you come back and killing myself AT THE SAME TIME. Talk about ouch LOL. anyways we all have our good days and bad days (sometimes our hands are cold) and some people just have bad days all the time like neighborhood P and fabian. But dont worry, it just means that you suck. ^_^

<3 aesis : )

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
lol, i know exactly what you mean. talk about choksies. Did you see how i played against you Alan? i remember trying to waveshine but couldnt so i jumped ALOT. and then there was that amazing missed edgeguard which i airdodged off the stage instead of wavedashing to the ledge, letting you come back and killing myself AT THE SAME TIME. Talk about ouch LOL. anyways we all have our good days and bad days (sometimes our hands are cold) and some people just have bad days all the time like neighborhood P and fabian. But dont worry, it just means that you suck. ^_^

hahahah ****ing alan i think ive used that last sentenc before too.

oooooooooohh yea memeber when i did some crazy *** combo on you and when we both came back and you grabbed the edge like .000001 seconds before me..... i was like at 0% gayyy and then i lost.

but yes everyone has bad days and good days.

**** though aesis looks like you got kinda pissed therr why???? nobody was saying you suck or nuting joe was just saying as of late you havnt done anything amazing. no big deal.

PandaX

Smash Lord
lololol Fuggin Mike. If I was able to make my proper top 20, it'd be

Champ
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y
Mike Y

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

I have yet to see Alan make any jokes about how I suck lately...maybe I've gotten better?

Knivez

Smash Ace
lol, wtf u talkin about rome, that was all skill, you see i was counting frames. pulled some mewtwo king shiet son.

hahah and mike y is right, what is this superfriends and champ thing...last time i checked champ plays link and got beaten by yojo....who loses to yojo???

then again gabe lost to hirshine so no johns.

I have yet to see Alan make any jokes about how I suck lately...maybe I've gotten better?

umm..who are you again? i bet you're some short mexican kid named Manuel Santos...

emerican

Smash Ace
i say we never speak of that crew battle ever again knivez, we both played so horrible :(

lets practice....

what crew battle? i have no idea what you're talking about...

"D.C"

Smash Cadet
mango for top 20... his jiggs is too good beating ranked people at his first tourny haha wow

LuCKy

Smash Master
lucky for # 20........lol

and david what about dannimals???lol u support a member of csk instead of ur crew member lol mango is da **** he owns dc so mango for top 20!!!!

araknophobik

Smash Master
He should've beaten ITS DAVID
but he got lucky with that uair that killed mango
i guess he didn't DI it, cuz who the **** dies from an upair? he was at like 70% too

nublet06

Smash Lord
im pretty sure david doesnt really expect him to make it to the rankings already. but it has proven to be a good strategy for getting someone on the rankings. talk about them a lot...and then next time they go to a tourny if they do well its like they have been doing well for a long time.

JIZZANATOR FOR RANKINGS

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
im pretty sure david doesnt really expect him to make it to the rankings already. but it has proven to be a good strategy for getting someone on the rankings. talk about them a lot...and then next time they go to a tourny if they do well its like they have been doing well for a long time.

JIZZANATOR FOR RANKINGS
LMAO, its sad but its true =/

**** should be top 20 too though. Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom