• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nublet06

Smash Lord
wtf r u talking about?
i dont want power in the smash community, i play this game for amusement.
if im gonna show up at a tourny and get trash talked, than why shouldnt i trash talk back?
why would u say something about me playing wc3 with ken?
why does it matter who i play with?
think about things before u say them cuz u might make urself look like an idiot.

i would like to add that it is very cowardous, ROFL, that you trash talk me in person and than act like a victem when someone does it to u on the boards. u can sit behind me during my tourny matches and talk **** on my cheap 4ss lasers, and i say nothing. then i say something 2 u on SWF, and u cry, and give me negative rep like the lil ***** that u are. and im not blowing up behind my keyboard, im typing this on my phone cuz class is boring.

im done here, ROFL, next time i see u, i expect an apology, or else ima just keep takin **** cuz ur an ez target.

now go ahead, ROFL, and have the last word... again...
lol wtf...how did i negative rep you......there isnt even a rep system. and im a coward for talking **** in person??????!?!?!?!? wasnt it the UC crew battle in which you were laser camping the person on my crew? i have all the right to talk ****....especially during a crew battle. the last word has been spoken. and its sad you always have to say that since you are always arguing with people. and i highly doubt you play smash for amusement.......
pushing 3 buttons over and over until you accidentaly hid side b and suicide isnt very fun.

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
So Cal Top 20 Power Ranking (DSF's version):

After much discussion, I came to the conclusion that people were taking to long to come up with a list, so here is my interpretation of what the top 20 should be as of January 1, 2007. This incorporates, how people have done at tournaments, how often people have attended tournaments, along with many other factors. This isn't an official list, just MY opinion.

This list is only for singles and is not affected by team ranking

1.Ken
2.DSF
3.hugs
4.Wolf
5.Edreese*
6.Knives*
7.Mike Y
8.Manacloud
9.Arash
10.Gabe
11.Champ*
12.Azeem*
13.Boa*
14.Aesis
15.DC*
16.Ultra Luigi*
17.Rofl*
18.P Body*
19.Teba*
20.Evil Nemesis

Enjoy!

petoo0

Smash Ace
Wow. thats all I'm going to day about the whole 2 year old girl nonsense going on in here. I still <3 ROFL. Anyways yea hopefully the list is updated soon. no rush though...not like anyone is going anywhere. And Silent Wolf why haven't you replied to my offer hmmm!?! LOL jk <3.

Knivez

Smash Ace
aww i got moved down by 1. Cant help it, edreese is doing too good.
well once the knives(z) biweekly begins we can all just watch Mean Girls and try different hair styles. Champ needs purple extensions to go with his look, and azeem needs to be painted a slight shade of white, and mike y is hideous and enormous. We'll give him a complete make over.

oh im not sure if i mentioned this but palmdale is banned.
superfriends is banned also.
oc2 staff of course is banned.
dbr + company is banned.
deepsocal minus knives(z) is banned.
luigi players are banned. Also, guys with Luigi for their name are also banned.
hmm any other good players out there..?

i think thats it, so everyone else feel free to come. ^_^

Knivez

Smash Ace
hahahah, i was just covering for ultraluigi.
but thats how much i despise you nublet! ^_^

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Shh...thats jake the boy, not JTB :p

Knivez

Smash Ace
update:

JTB/Jake the boy is banned because he tried to mindgame me but failed miserably and instead got shine spiked by my post.

nate, you can come because u are a kirby player and therefore not viewed as a threat.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
update:

JTB/Jake the boy is banned because he tried to mindgame me but failed miserably and instead got shine spiked by my post.

nate, you can come because u are a kirby player and therefore not viewed as a threat.
man knivez is a true pro at winning tournaments :p

Arash

Smash Lord
note that it took 2 months to get this list out mainly because of heated debate between the panelists all the way through the list (well, cept for the top 3 really)...

but 4-20 took forever, and there are at least 5 people we think are deathly close to spot #20, but we didn't feel like making it top 25

though, i personally think that we should make it top 25 next time:cool:

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, pretty disappointed w/ the list, but I know your guys' method of compiling these things so I understand.

Just like to say, although some people should or shouldn't be on the list, everybody knows who's good and who isnt, so the list shouldnt be too big of a deal.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Not gonna lie, pretty disappointed w/ the list, but I know your guys' method of compiling these things so I understand.

Just like to say, although some people should or shouldn't be on the list, everybody knows who's good and who isnt, so the list shouldnt be too big of a deal.
Don't just say something like that and not explain.

Go ahead and say what you think, perhaps many others share the same feelings. Perhaps we have answers to those questions. Feel free to discuss what you want as long as it is done in a mature matter. So please, if you want, explain.

nublet06

Smash Lord
woot BoA
woot Teba
woot Aesis

good job david
and of course edrees the beast moving up (im sure hell move up even more the next one)
plus...azeem too good.

oh yeah and good stuff at that farewell bi weeky lep. that alone earns your spot.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hmm, okay. I understand you look at each player's history to decide where they are, and I think that's a good way to do it, but the method becomes inaccurate when you take certain people into consideration. I know you have a cutoff, but let me just use this as an example.

Gary (Azn_Chefii as you know) recently took out Wolf, Edrees, and Mana at the last biweekly. Wolf is currently ranked 4th, Manacloud 5th, and Edrees 6th. By all means, Gary should definitely be on the list but since consistency is required (which i agree with) he isn't on the list (also because you had the cutoff, but just for example purposes i'm using him). I guess i coulda used ROFL as an example too, but w/e i dont feel like writing it all out.

If anyone on the top 20 loses to gary, nobody's going to be shocked, because everybody knows he's top 20 material. So when I said I was disappointed, what I probably should have said was I don't think the list is as accurate as it could be, but I understand that the way you guys decide on the list is most likely the best way to do it, so I'm not gonna complain about where people are. That's all I meant by it.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Well smoo, consider how many tournaments Gary has attended in the last... year.

Gary is good if not great, I'm not doubting him by all means. If he was more regular to attend, he definitely would be up there, but look at the power rankings of the top 20 people you'll probably face and wouldn't want to face (2nd part if you're a scrub).

There are many people that aren't on the list that people wouldn't want to face. Romeo, Cao, Myself, chef ii, Tavo, are prime examples (well maybe not me cause I suck). But due to our lack of attendance, that is reason why people aren't on.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
good **** david looks like YOUR the 2nd best in the crew then dawg. IMAGINE

hahahha

and as for gary, of course he is good no one is doubting that but since he doesnt go to many tournaments he cant get ranked yet....but that doesnt mean he cant still beat ***, cuz we know he can.

im surprised im still on there since ive been to like 2 tournaments in the past 6 months, but hopefully though i could start goin to more again.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
No I understand that, and I agree with looking at the history 'cuz I believe that's important. But you see, some people would rather play ROFL or Gary than some people on that list. I'm not saying you guys should put them on it, since as you said, Gary hasn't been to any tournies, but everyone knows that he's good. That's why I said before, everyone knows who's good, so the list shouldn't be taken TOO seriously.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
My thoughts on the list. Take into fact this is all my opinion after looking at tourney results, so I really don't care if you accept it or reject it. I just want people to know. Also, I have nothing against any players, this is only about the rankings.

1-4, thats fine. I see nothing wrong with it.

5) Manacloud
- I don't understand why he placed so high. I do see him doing exceptional well in teams, but his singles record is terrible. According to Tio, the only people he has beaten (since the last update) of notable interest is Blitz. Other people placed lower have won against him in tourneys, such as BoA and Azn Chef. Looking at his teams, it appears that he is consistently teaming with Chu. After comparing that with his singles performance, it appears to me that Chu is carrying him through teams, and since Chu has proven himself to be one of the best in the United States, it further supports my argument.

6-12, I can't really think of anything to say.

14) Romeo
- Where are his tournament results? I can't find him on Tio.

15) BoA
- I think he should be a little higher. Although hes lost to people on the rankings, those are also people near the top. Hes beaten several other people ranked higher than him, and his teams performance is excellent. I'm not saying he should be top 10 or anything, I just think 15 is a little low.

16) Azn_Lep
- I don't think he has enough tournament results to show consistent results. 16 is way too high, especially when many other people have better results than him.

17) S.O.S
- Pretty much the same thing as Azn Lep, except that he only has one really good placing. However, thats only in Teams, and I don't see anything of real interest in his singles record.

18) DC
- DC should be much higher. He a very active smasher, and he has very good results in tourney. He has beaten many of the top 20 in tournaments, and has placed high is most of them, including 2nd place at the Riverside Biweekly last week. I believe he should be moved up alot, and shouldn't be underrated.

19-20, I think its good.

Now, heres some people that should be on the top 20.

ROFL
- I can't see why he isn't on the list. If it is because he doesn't have "consistent results", thats just bull****. You don't go to a tourney and beat 3 of the top 20, then say its not good enough. His performance at Best of 2006 was exceptional, and shouldn't be overlooked. If you combine that with his other recent tournament results, he should have more than enough evidence to be top 20.

Azn Chef
- I think his performance at the last biweekly was enough to keep him on the list, if not move him up.

Please note that I haven't seen any new posts, so if mine does conflict with them, dont hate me >_<

Also, I will remind you that this has nothing to do with my feelings towards anyone. This is solely based on tournament results.

Aesis

Smash Ace

Err, BoA should definitely be above me; he has faced so many Top 20 people it's not even funny how many times he's proven himself.

I really think ROFL should be on but hey, almost 3 stocking Top 20 ppl, taking DSF to 3 games, taking Omar to 3 games, ****** me, beating SOS, beating Trevyn, being ROFL; all are indications he should be Top 20, more so than AznChefII, EvilNemesis, or any other Smasher who just missed the cut, but I understand... aka not really :)

SOS is above me I think (you 3 stocking me was so fluke John :chuckle: )

Teba's higher if not equal to or higher than me.
I should be lower.
Thank God crew battles factor in. And flukes don't :)

LOL 4 Palmdale on the list and COUNTING guys :)

Regarding the rest:
2-3.) HugS and DSF are too funny. They're always bagging on each other saying who's better than who. For now, I'll say Alex? because Alex is too good with Marth nowadays... actually I really have no idea. Whatever.
4. Wolf - IS TOO GOOD, he is SO consistent and keeps beating me on the last game in our matches, I love him and hate him at the same time.
5.) Manacloud - Err, Mike hasn't really been performing well, so... yeah, knocking him down one spot? More justifiable would have been two spots, no offense.
13.) I should be moved down....
14 - 20. ) I guesss.......................... poor blitz

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
you guys take this **** too seriously.

i mean you swear its like your gonna get a contract or be better or some **** cuz your on the list. your not i assure u. with how good everybody is down here the diffrence from spots 4-30 isnt even that much, of course the higher the better the player is but it wouldnt be impossible for a low number to beat a higher one. even hugo and alex are kinda vulnerable....well maybe hugo, ****in alex hasnt lost to anyone on that list except hugo or ken i dont think....bieetch.

BUT i will contradict myself and say that ROFL should be on, theres no excuse. everything aesis mentioned and his past few tournaments i think would be enough to get him a spot hes too good not to be on.

hahaha JTB sounds pretty pissed ??????? i dont understand y.

and could somebody hook it up wit some DS roms??? this one ****ing site deleted me from their database so i cant get torrents from them. ****ing *******.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL I'm glad I can't be a panelist anymore. Have fun guys... *****ings already begun LOL

Charoo

Smash Champion
you guys take this **** too seriously.

i mean you swear its like your gonna get a contract or be better or some **** cuz your on the list. your not i assure u. with how good everybody is down here the diffrence from spots 4-30 isnt even that much, of course the higher the better the player is but it wouldnt be impossible for a low number to beat a higher one. even hugo and alex are kinda vulnerable....well maybe hugo, ****in alex hasnt lost to anyone on that list except hugo or ken i dont think....bieetch.

BUT i will contradict myself and say that ROFL should be on, theres no excuse. everything aesis mentioned and his past few tournaments i think would be enough to get him a spot hes too good not to be on.

hahaha JTB sounds pretty pissed ??????? i dont understand y.

and could somebody hook it up wit some DS roms??? this one ****ing site deleted me from their database so i cant get torrents from them. ****ing *******.
Rom asking for roms...... too good mangz

That forever and a day
That's how long we'll stay
Together and forever more

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The list is fine. The way I see it, as long as you "apply" an error of +/- 2 spots, everything is well thought out and reasonably done. For example I look at Boa and apply the rule , and I think somewhere between 13-17 is reasonable for him. (That's +/- two spots from 15)

Except I think ROFL should be somewhere between 18 and 20 for sure. He's taken out good people, shown consistency by not losing to anyone not on the list (which can't be said for some who are on the list) , and just from personal experience, it's super tough playing him, alot more tough than quite a few on the top 15-20.

By the way for all you talking about Gary, we know he is good, but please read the post. It says only tournaments up to 1-13 were taken into consideration, and they specifically apologized to Gary that the bi weekly was NOT INCLUDED IN CONSIDERATION YET, that it's for consideration the next time.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the list. Take into fact this is all my opinion after looking at tourney results, so I really don't care if you accept it or reject it. I just want people to know. Also, I have nothing against any players, this is only about the rankings.

1-4, thats fine. I see nothing wrong with it.

5) Manacloud
- I don't understand why he placed so high. I do see him doing exceptional well in teams, but his singles record is terrible. According to Tio, the only people he has beaten (since the last update) of notable interest is Blitz. Other people placed lower have won against him in tourneys, such as BoA and Azn Chef. Looking at his teams, it appears that he is consistently teaming with Chu. After comparing that with his singles performance, it appears to me that Chu is carrying him through teams, and since Chu has proven himself to be one of the best in the United States, it further supports my argument.

6-12, I can't really think of anything to say.

14) Romeo
- Where are his tournament results? I can't find him on Tio.

15) BoA
- I think he should be a little higher. Although hes lost to people on the rankings, those are also people near the top. Hes beaten several other people ranked higher than him, and his teams performance is excellent. I'm not saying he should be top 10 or anything, I just think 15 is a little low.

16) Azn_Lep
- I don't think he has enough tournament results to show consistent results. 16 is way too high, especially when many other people have better results than him.

17) S.O.S
- Pretty much the same thing as Azn Lep, except that he only has one really good placing. However, thats only in Teams, and I don't see anything of real interest in his singles record.

18) DC
- DC should be much higher. He a very active smasher, and he has very good results in tourney. He has beaten many of the top 20 in tournaments, and has placed high is most of them, including 2nd place at the Riverside Biweekly last week. I believe he should be moved up alot, and shouldn't be underrated.

19-20, I think its good.

Now, heres some people that should be on the top 20.

ROFL
- I can't see why he isn't on the list. If it is because he doesn't have "consistent results", thats just bull****. You don't go to a tourney and beat 3 of the top 20, then say its not good enough. His performance at Best of 2006 was exceptional, and shouldn't be overlooked. If you combine that with his other recent tournament results, he should have more than enough evidence to be top 20.

Azn Chef
- I think his performance at the last biweekly was enough to keep him on the list, if not move him up.

Please note that I haven't seen any new posts, so if mine does conflict with them, dont hate me >_<

Also, I will remind you that this has nothing to do with my feelings towards anyone. This is solely based on tournament results.
lmao first time i've ever seen jtb tell it like it is.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
LOL I'm glad I can't be a panelist anymore. Have fun guys... *****ings already begun LOL
lol i have no say in the decesions anyways, whatever I say usually gets over ruled due to dictatorship.

and yes props to Edreese for taking time to think that the last Biweekly was not included thus Gary is not mentioned.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yes we all know that ROFL should be up there, and he more than likely will be if he keeps his performance as good as it is.

Aesis - From what I understand, if you are a current member on the list, you're given a little (?) more priority than the newcomers (lack of history, I suppose) So Teba, BoA, SOS, and DC aren't going to shoot up to top 10 on their debut, but if they continue to do well I'm sure that their rankings will only improve. I definitely see where you're coming from though, BoA is KrAzY!! o.O

JTB - Yeah I guess I hadn't really been to too many tourneys towards the middle of the evaluation period. I started picking up recently though and I'll definitely try to become more active to show that I deserve that spot.

Romeo - is too good to drop more than one spot after being inactive for around a year haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom