• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
i was the one who was like rofl and dc are gonna blow up then the bi weekly comes and dc gets second and rofl gets 4th LOL but i guess im not good so im a nobody =(

Charoo

Smash Champion
Lets start discussing the old panelists who are getting off of the panel and who should potentially replace them. I don't think it should necessarily be by one per crew, but i do agree that input needs to come from people of good minds, not of ******** bias. hence, hugo is no longer a panelist lol jk. but in all honesty, since panda/cao? are no longer gonna be panelist, i personally nominate edrees (if you guys dont think 2 deepsocal is a horrible idea). Him being from my crew has nothing to do with it really, he is just 1) sensible 2) well acquainted with the so cal smashers 3) has OOS experience 4) can be trusted to put rankings appropriately.

ive also talked a lot to ROFL about smash (**** talk? hahaha jk) and i think if palmdale needs representation, then im going to definitely have to go with ROFL.

id say right now, im really comfortable with HugS, Nealdt, and Arash on the panel since they seem to be most professional. Ken's input would be great, but he seems mad at the panel from his posts so thats his choice if he wants to continue. and didn't panda say hes resigning?

Champ, learn English hahahaha jk.

well this is just to get the ball rolling.

e40 out... whoops thats not me ;) hahaha sorry evan that **** is too funny LOL
too good haha

anyways, as of right now, we have neal, hugo, arash, ken, champ. That's already 5 people. It was really hard to agree with seven people haha. Well, possibly I think five is a good number than seven if we replace some of the panelist to represent more? Now we have four people who live pretty close to each other and 3 of them are in the same crew. Possibly, since I think Ken said somewhere about quitting, we can put in ROFL or Edrees? Maybe DSF? I can give up my spot to Edrees to have a more variety of opinion and not increase the number of panelist.

Either that or have like 2nds to help panelist decide? Ken can be Arash's 2nd, I can be Neal's 2nd, Aesis can be ROFL'S 2nd, etc.

Neal, Hugo, Arash, Edrees, ROFL?

nublet06

Smash Lord
i like the idea of panelists having sub groups. the fewer people that have to talk it out in the grand finally...the faster things go. we will also have to create a new thread that is (very very sadly) not connected with caotic because he is in a different time zone and that slows things down as well.

araknophobik

Smash Master
i think i should be a panalist i know a lot about socal since i play with a wide range of socal from pdale to compton ^_~ and im not really biased towards anyone since im not in a crew and im online a lot lol. plus im in like 5 ppls sigs thats 2 clean ^^
lol i 2nd this nomination
joe and alex are always at tourny's all over socal even more then all the panalists. One of them should be in the panal

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Psh, Alex would be a horrible panelist. Did you see his top 20 list? I'm surprised this isn't getting more discussion. Already sinking to the 2nd page? Huh...

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
I seriously think this list is already invalid, not cuz you guys did a bad job, but a lot of stuff is changing in regard to talent. If this is say Power ranking list 3.1, you guys should modify it slightly to make it Power Ranking List 3.2 or something haha, not a full on new list but just looking at it makes me wonder... haha.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
david C is fine where he is?

ROFL shouldnt be on the list?

lol two major changes that just glare at me when i look at the list. edrees might be asking to move up again also lol

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
The only major change I'd make is putting Mike Y higher. I watched him 4 stock manacloud before..
lol I remember three stocking manacloud in crew battle, but unfortunately I don't think I ever 4 stocked him.

And I think Edrees and Azeem should be higher, since I think their teams performances get overlooked alot, besides Edrees being way too good.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone should be on here, everyone should be higher, and everyone is overrated.

Can we please, as a community, move on?

$ick

Smash Lord
lol I remember three stocking manacloud in crew battle, but unfortunately I don't think I ever 4 stocked him.

And I think Edrees and Azeem should be higher, since I think their teams performances get overlooked alot, besides Edrees being way too good.
3, 4. It's all the same.. hehe but yeah it was three now that I think about it.

Arash

Smash Lord
what you gotta realize though is that in order for someone to move up, someone else has to move down...

in any case, we should prolly update-sies soon

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hey two questions.

One, why don't we get like 8 panelists and just have them vote with a point system like other regional rankings? The benefits are that it's faster, each panelist feels like their opinions have weight, and we can see who barely missed and stuff. The downside would be that maybe one of the panelists haven't been to enough tournies to see how the matches went down, or that there won't be enough discussion. Just a suggestion, don't care what happens either way.

Two, why isn't this stickied?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
One - just because 2 people think person A is better than person B, and 1 person doesn't think so doesn't mean the single person is wrong. We try and reach agreements as a group. Also, socal don't copy other regions. They copy us. LOL

Two - Because Neal thinks Tio and hax controllers are more important than SPR. :) Cute.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Consensus and group discussion >>>>>> voting.

And there are three, maybe four power rankings threads in this forum. Do you really want them all stickied?

One - just because 2 people think person A is better than person B, and 1 person doesn't think so doesn't mean the single person is wrong. We try and reach agreements as a group. Also, socal don't copy other regions. They copy us. LOL

Two - Because Neal thinks Tio and hax controllers are more important than SPR. :) Cute.
You're right, but we changed our mission statement finally to not match yours. ^^
I like your idea for choosing ranks though it seems hard. =P

why's there a thumbs down on my post?!?!?!?!

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
You can never please everyone. I really don't take lists into acct whatsoever. It's so hard, there are a lot inconsistencies/back and forth matchups and too many ppl that are close in skill level around here, IMO. At least for everyone to be happy. Which is impossible as everyone knows anyways, so it doesn't matter...

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hey neal why dont you sticky 1 thread with links to the 3 or 4 power rankings. That way it's not messy and people stop complaining about these threads not being stickied.

lol at SilentWolfs disapproved message

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
i think the list is good the way it is i mean if your name is on the list then ppl know your good and u can beat other ppl on the list everyones gonna have mixed performances and have up and down placings so its hard to keep it so consistent ^^

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I wanna come to Socal and take 4th behind ken dsf and hugs xD

I also wanna ditto Mike Y so we can combo eachother a lot.

*Yay for being unknown*

Seriously when is gonna be Super Champ Combo or some big tournament so I can buy some plane tickets and come down there X.X

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey Tori's not unknown, I played you at OC2 in pools. I think we split. Anywayz, the rankings are fine for now. No serious change needs to be done other than the fact that ROFL is amazing, but we all know that already. The next update (since they take sooo long) should be after some sort of major SoCal tourney. Super Champ Combo for example *stares at Neal*

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've decided that we'll be taking the SoCal Power Rankings to the new Everybody Votes channel on the Wii. We'll put up questions like "Who should be ranked #1?" with two options, and the world will get to decide who to put where.

Sound good?

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hey Tori's not unknown, I played you at OC2 in pools. I think we split. Anywayz, the rankings are fine for now. No serious change needs to be done other than the fact that ROFL is amazing, but we all know that already. The next update (since they take sooo long) should be after some sort of major SoCal tourney. Super Champ Combo for example *stares at Neal*
this tori doesn't sound like the same Tori. He played falco back then haha. Also, we did really well in teams =)

ChaTori too good

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
:chuckle:
Ya Champ I mostly main Marth now, I still use Falco for Shieks and Foxes who dont smash DI lol.

Cao how can I do well without a vote of self confidence? ;)

Honestly I'd have no idea how well Id do against SoCal but I do know my skill level is on a dramatic uprising and I wish to play OoS people to only broaden my learnings. =)

Aesis

Smash Ace
I've decided that we'll be taking the SoCal Power Rankings to the new Everybody Votes channel on the Wii. We'll put up questions like "Who should be ranked #1?" with two options, and the world will get to decide who to put where.

Sound good?
Or when should Neal and Champ hold Super Champ Combo?

$ick

Smash Lord

Sound good?
I like the idea of having a panelist of experienced smashers. Never underestimate the power of noobs and voting like idiots..

Arash

Smash Lord
LOL the everybody votes channel

make everyone in the world a panelist for socal power rankings why don't you..

6th Sense

Smash Lord

Sound good?
good idea but i think it should wait until a good amount of people have Wii's. there should also be a way to prevent little 6 year old noobs from voting.... possibly by voters attending a tourny to match a name w/ a body

Arash

Smash Lord
i have a feeling this list'll take longer than the last one, what with all the random *** placings and new skilled players...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom