• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah but then u could make cases for a bunch of inconsistent people... like i dont think some of the 11-15 have any more merit than 16-25. it depends on the day, who shows up and what matchups they get

the original solution of 1-10 is fine then have a list of honorable mentions (because there's just a lot of good players that could beat each other and might beat a PR'd player but are too inconsistent to be ranked) OR you increase the rankings to 20-25 people but then the list serves a different purpose

there's ~5 people that are viable for the 8-10 spots. there's 15-20 people viable for the 11-15 spots. the people on the pr should be a big deal to beat. i know a bunch of non-ranked players that would not think it's a big deal if they beat some of the 11-15 people

socal is one of the biggest regions so people think the PR needs to be larger, but what's happened is there's a large list of "mid tier" players that are trying to get on the "top/high" tier list (the power rankings).

1-10 might screw over the bottom of high tier players but that's it. 11-15 screws over a long list of mid tier players.

BUT the one thing I do like about 11-15 is that it gives immediate hope for any other mid tier players. They think "oh I can beat 11-15". But really it should be everyone's goal to become a high/top tier player.

I think eventually the list can be expanded when there are more high/top tier players. i dont even completely agree with the notion of cutting it off at 10 or 15. it looks pretty but the **** players should be ranked. trying to fill in mid tier players on a high/top tier list because its 15 people is silly.

HugS™

Smash Lord
yeah but then u could make cases for a bunch of inconsistent people... like i dont think some of the 11-15 have any more merit than 16-25. it depends on the day, who shows up and what matchups they get

the original solution of 1-10 is fine then have a list of honorable mentions (because there's just a lot of good players that could beat each other and might beat a PR'd player but are too inconsistent to be ranked) OR you increase the rankings to 20-25 people but then the list serves a different purpose

there's ~5 people that are viable for the 8-10 spots. there's 15-20 people viable for the 11-15 spots. the people on the pr should be a big deal to beat. i know a bunch of non-ranked players that would not think it's a big deal if they beat some of the 11-15 people

socal is one of the biggest regions so people think the PR needs to be larger, but what's happened is there's a large list of "mid tier" players that are trying to get on the "top/high" tier list (the power rankings).

1-10 might screw over the bottom of high tier players but that's it. 11-15 screws over a long list of mid tier players.

BUT the one thing I do like about 11-15 is that it gives immediate hope for any other mid tier players. They think "oh I can beat 11-15". But really it should be everyone's goal to become a high/top tier player.

I think eventually the list can be expanded when there are more high/top tier players. i dont even completely agree with the notion of cutting it off at 10 or 15. it looks pretty but the **** players should be ranked. trying to fill in mid tier players on a high/top tier list because its 15 people is silly.
Go ahead, name those players that would be ranked 16-25, then we'll discuss if they have as much merit as 11-15 whilst comparing the results.

You're just saying a lot of things but not providing any real examples.

I can only think of hall, awex(only recently), warp(only recently), nyjin, champ...
Who's records were not as impressive as the 11-15 ranks (except for hall, he just didn't attend enough of anything)

and now I'm stumped as to who else is in competition for 15. You said there were 15-20 players that would be in contention for 11-15. Name them. Go ahead, let's see how that list looks.

∫unk

Smash Master
nvm i gots to study ill ttyt but im surprised u cant list 15 ppl that can be 11-15

but tbh id rather have 11-15 personally

i want to be the very best

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hey guys leave him alone he said she's pretty cute so lets believe him

>________________________>

sorry but i'm bored and i have to wander around socal topics

hi guys

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
why do i care what jabba the hut and fat b@stard have to say

i dont think i said anything contradictory if i got some numbers incorrect mah b

this is junk

edit: LMAO i remember this time hugo wrote a blog how he got girls by showing off his grades

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Is there another honorable mention list? I felt mega <3 bein on there lol. Gj all that made it on to there and thanks for all the hard work the panelists put in calculating this thing. I hope the west coast continues to do well and support it's own players when they travel as well as welcoming all who come over here to compete.

Yea what is up w/ the owls tkd/mogx lol

and nice job havin a kirbeh on the power rankings still as well as an oli now.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
BuenaRacha (12:40:49 AM): ei mike el pulido haze
BuenaRacha (12:40:56 AM): u know marth's shaingrab
BuenaRacha (12:41:00 AM): on pikachu sheik etc

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Nyjin-Falco
WarpStatus-Zero Suit Samus
Awex-Olimar
Hall-Snake
CPU-King DeDeDe
Typh-Pokemon Trainer
Skank-Olimar
Camaman-Wolf
Dory-Metaknight
Vicegrip-Ness
That list seems kind of arbitrary. Where is Champ who was ranked before? Etc. Etc. Wikis are a good reference point to find sources, but should not be used as sources. So who came up with that list?

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
The honorable mentions, obtained from this link: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/SoCal_Power_Rankings

Nyjin-Falco
WarpStatus-Zero Suit Samus
Awex-Olimar
Hall-Snake
CPU-King DeDeDe
Typh-Pokemon Trainer
Skank-Olimar
Camaman-Wolf
Dory-Metaknight
Vicegrip-Ness

This is the exact list, in the exact order. I didn't put myself on top on purpose. XD
I think this is ok...
Any of this player could take my place easily i think.

I was planning for the next San Diego Power Ranks, to make two lists.
One call Pro SD PR, that it will only contain people with a very nice record to be considered Pros (the term pro is only to make a diference betwen the two lists, we are not saying we are pros pros.) the number of people that can be on this list can be random, it could be 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 etc. Not exactly a close number like 10 or 15. An example if we have 50 pro players in San Diego i will do the pro list whit those 50, But we all know thats kind of theoricaly impossible.

And the second list is going to be the Amateur San Diego Power Rank:
This one will contain all people from San Diego that are consider amateurs, in other words the people below the Pro Ranked. This list will only contain 15 or less people.

So why not making a huge list instead of two?
Well if you take a look at our actual SD PR the first 6 players can be considered as the most consisted people of the rank.

1.TKD
2.Nyjin
3.Havok
4.Hall
5.MogX
6.Awex

7.Soid
8.Oats
9.Burntzocks
10.Fierce.

But the other 4, they go down and up, they are in or are out, sometimes even they don't feel like they are good as the first six.

So if i make a list like this:

1.Soid
2.Oats
3.Burntzocks
4.Fierce
5.Amateur
------------
15.Amateur.

I'm pretty sure amateur six, seven or eight will feel like he can really beat this people and he can reach the number one spot of the amateur rank, so one day he will be considered for the Pro Rank.
This list will raise the competitivity and also people will know their place and know who they need to beat first so they can reach the Pro Rank.
Of course i will qualify the Amateur rank a little more diferent than the Pro Rank.

Thats what I'm thinking to do. So I hope this was of some help for you guys.

Top Bottom