SOCAL BRAWL POWER RANKINGS
Updated - February 2, 2010
PANELISTS : Havok the Spammer - Bigfoot - RichBrown - CPU
Brawl has been out for almost two year now, and many believe that it's still too early to accurately rate the top twenty-five players in Socal. However with several large tournaments that consistently attract the regions top placers as well as a local field of competition, the panel is confident that an accurate list can be created, at least to Socal's top 15 players. The panelist have assembled an up-to-date ranking system, where players can refer to and get a general idea of the regions top Smashers. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will likely be conducted immediately after major or regional tournaments.
- Tournament performance - It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles, Doubles, and Crew performances over history and of recent times.
- Consistency of Results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
- Competitiveness of Tournament participated in - It's great that you can win a local GameStop tournament, but if there's no good there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.
- Must be a current resident in Southern California (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernadino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego and Imperial Counties)
- SoCal Ranking Splitting and Forfeiting rule (that will take place from now on) :
#1 Forfeiting a game in tournament to a player to better your chances of winning money with said player, will count against both of your positions on the rankings or opportunities to get ranked. More so than a loss.
#2 Should players split in Grand Finals, whoever decides to take 1st place will be considered as winning the tournament.
AIB DISCUSSION: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=10313
If your county/city is misrepresented please PM me to correct it, and I'll make the modifications as soon as possible.
Feel free to discuss the rankings in a mature manner so mods don't have to close it. The list will likely be expanded to 15 as more players begin to show consistency during tournaments.
Tournament hosts are encouraged to submit their results to Neal or TIO. It's extremely important for the panelists to have an organized, accurate database of tournament results for future changes to the list.
Former Ranked Players:
- Edge - Metaknight
- Connor - Metaknight
- TKD - Metaknight
- Hall - Snake
- Ajax - Snake
- JonT - Snake
- Futile - Wario
- Plan 9 - Wario
- A.C. - King Dedede/Metaknight/Snake
- Aero - King DeDeDe
- Teba - King DeDeDe
- CPU - King DeDeDe
- BoA - Marth
- Bardull - Marth
- LeePuff - Mr. Game & Watch
- Typh - Ice Climbers
- Fly Amanita - Ice Climbers
- MogX - Kirby
- Blitz - R.O.B.
- ShadowRob - R.O.B.
- Hugs - R.O.B.
- Warp Status - Zero Suit Samus
- Edrees - Peach
- Gamble - Fox
- DC - Wario/Mr. Game & Watch
- Creepy Fingers - Falco/Metaknight
- Champ - Fox/Sheik/Falcon