• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

Charoo

Smash Champion
SOCAL BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

Updated - February 2, 2010

PANELISTS : Havok the Spammer - Bigfoot - RichBrown - CPU

Brawl has been out for almost two year now, and many believe that it's still too early to accurately rate the top twenty-five players in Socal. However with several large tournaments that consistently attract the regions top placers as well as a local field of competition, the panel is confident that an accurate list can be created, at least to Socal's top 15 players. The panelist have assembled an up-to-date ranking system, where players can refer to and get a general idea of the regions top Smashers. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will likely be conducted immediately after major or regional tournaments.

POSITION CRITERIA

• Tournament performance - It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles, Doubles, and Crew performances over history and of recent times.
  • Consistency of Results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
  • Competitiveness of Tournament participated in - It's great that you can win a local GameStop tournament, but if there's no good there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.
  • Must be a current resident in Southern California (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernadino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego and Imperial Counties)
  • SoCal Ranking Splitting and Forfeiting rule (that will take place from now on) :

#1 Forfeiting a game in tournament to a player to better your chances of winning money with said player, will count against both of your positions on the rankings or opportunities to get ranked. More so than a loss.

#2 Should players split in Grand Finals, whoever decides to take 1st place will be considered as winning the tournament.

RANKINGS

AIB DISCUSSION: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=10313

If your county/city is misrepresented please PM me to correct it, and I'll make the modifications as soon as possible.

Feel free to discuss the rankings in a mature manner so mods don't have to close it. The list will likely be expanded to 15 as more players begin to show consistency during tournaments.

Tournament hosts are encouraged to submit their results to Neal or TIO. It's extremely important for the panelists to have an organized, accurate database of tournament results for future changes to the list.

TOURNAMENTS

Former Ranked Players:
  • Edge - Metaknight
  • Connor - Metaknight
  • TKD - Metaknight
  • Hall - Snake
  • Ajax - Snake
  • JonT - Snake
  • Futile - Wario
  • Plan 9 - Wario
  • A.C. - King Dedede/Metaknight/Snake
  • Aero - King DeDeDe
  • Teba - King DeDeDe
  • CPU - King DeDeDe
  • BoA - Marth
  • Bardull - Marth
  • LeePuff - Mr. Game & Watch
  • Typh - Ice Climbers
  • Fly Amanita - Ice Climbers
  • MogX - Kirby
  • Blitz - R.O.B.
  • ShadowRob - R.O.B.
  • Hugs - R.O.B.
  • Warp Status - Zero Suit Samus
  • Edrees - Peach
  • Gamble - Fox
  • DC - Wario/Mr. Game & Watch
  • Creepy Fingers - Falco/Metaknight
  • Champ - Fox/Sheik/Falcon

1000th post.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Socal Brawl Power Rankings - November 8th update (9/08 - 11/08)

Old post went here. Sorry Lep!

Edrees robbed my 1000th post and gave it to Champ... ouch

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
too good

EDIT:
AznLeprechaun289 (3:42:39 PM): while i was typing up the power rankings "Azn Lep" "Nezumi" and "EdreesesPieces" were all underlined cuz of spelling errors
AznLeprechaun289 (3:42:42 PM): Gimpyfish was not

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm trying I'm trying T_T

So who will be the first random noob to come in and say they should be on the rankings?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
on second though as both moderator of these boards and as an active panelist i can just put myself on whenever i want, so forget i said anything

S2

Smash Lord
Awesome that SWF now has a Brawl Power rankings.

I'll keep practicing, because I have big dreams of having my *** handed to me by all 10 of those players.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I think a top 15 is definitely feasible. If we consider some obvious omissions like Romeo, who's never placed below top 5 except for once, and forward, who's consistently in the top 10.

Then you have gimpy, danimals, Lovage, and even...can i say it? Mike the haze..., who have a shot at rounding off the top 15.

I'm guessing the Antelope Valley was omitted because of their lack of outside tournaments other than UCLA?

There's room for a top 15. IMO

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah top 15 will definitely happen soon, and AV is too good. ShadowRob and CreepyFingers are probably the two Palmdale players that impressed me the most. Now they just gotta go to more tournaments

EDIT: We went with top 10 for the time being to be safe, more tournaments will solidify a top 15 or 20 later on

The Game II

Smash Champion
I wrote on Get Your Tournament that I was surprised to see no San Diego players. But once we get to 20, then that should change hopefully.

And hopefully the expanded list will include players that get out and compete among other ranked players at a consistent rate. My biggest concern is seeing some guy or girl get ranked when all he or she does is stay in his or her area and win every tournament 10-0 or 11-1.

--GCII

bbb

Smash Champion
dude, I've been saying I got this for so long, and now I got this!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
there's no mention of me at all >_> I'm disappointed, especially since I beat someone amazing (SideFX) at UCLA. I've been placing top 10 at most tournaments i've been to aswell, besides UCLA where I placed 13th. I guess I'll keep trying to get on these rankings, even though it's a pipe dream.

asob4

Smash Champion
Yeah top 15 will definitely happen soon, and AV is too good. ShadowRob and CreepyFingers are probably the two Palmdale players that impressed me the most. Now they just gotta go to more tournaments

EDIT: We went with top 10 for the time being to be safe, more tournaments will solidify a top 15 or 20 later on
-sniff sniff- my olimar gets no love lol this is skank btw >_>

MaNg0

Smash Hero
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dc number 3?

LOLOLOLOL

joke

wheres pyschomidget??

WHERE

i dont c him

wtf blitz??

he gets carried by futile

hes gonna have back problems forever

i think connor does better then blitz

and wtf

wheres pyschomidget

and claires and a panelist

ill never make the list

*crys*

lolol

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
yeah i was pretty surprised by the lack of Connor and psyshomidget.

but in all honesty if connor doesnt like brawl i guess he doesnt really care lol.

but idk about the ****** master. i guess i just havent been to any tournaments tho.

Next week is finals week and then im FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So who will be the first random noob to come in and say they should be on the rankings?
there's no mention of me at all >_> I'm disappointed, especially since I beat someone amazing (SideFX) at UCLA. I've been placing top 10 at most tournaments i've been to aswell, besides UCLA where I placed 13th. I guess I'll keep trying to get on these rankings, even though it's a pipe dream.
: )

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I like brawl, but I like melee better :3 I'd still like to be on a rankings list though! Ryan, I know I'm noob, I embrace my noob-ness

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
For those who are curious, here are a few names that were considered, but just shy of making the list for top 10: PsychoMidget, Chaz, Mr. X

The list will be updated so keep up the good work at tournaments, everyone!

The San Diego Triweekly this weekend will play part in future power ranking updates! I encourage anyone who can, to go to this.

********Good luck in future tournaments, everyone!**********

creepy fingers

Smash Journeyman
the AV has tourneys like every weekend, just puttin it out there so yall can add that to the discussion for updates to the power rankings :p ROFL FOR PANELIST!!!!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah, but although the AV has weekly tournaments, you guys aren't playing any of the other people who are dominating every other tournament.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah AV is pretty freakin good at this game, from what I saw at UCLA. You guys should come to SD tomorrow its only... 5 hours away?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Out of the 9 or 10 tourneys that we took into consideration, Romeo had only to the FFA tournament on 4/20. While the rankings are based on "what good players did you beat" over "how many tournaments do you go to" we've got to draw the line for attendance somewhere. Granted he did do well, but 1 for 10 is just not enough for legitimate consideration, especially when we're only starting with 10.

Top Bottom