• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

The Game II

Smash Champion
Out of the 9 or 10 tourneys that we took into consideration, Romeo had only to the FFA tournament on 4/20. While the rankings are based on "what good players did you beat" over "how many tournaments do you go to" we've got to draw the line for attendance somewhere. Granted he did do well, but 1 for 10 is just not enough for legitimate consideration, especially when we're only starting with 10.
I saw that Mr. X was also considered. But then if he's considered, you have to put Romeo up for consideration as well. From what I know, he's attended very few events.

Nothing against Mr. X because he IS good. But if we're talking about attendance, then put Romeo up for consideration.

--GCII

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
I think I shouldve been on these rankings ive beaten some of these people and people I havent played on this list i could most likely beat.

and I beaten alot of good people that didnt make the list I could name but dont feel like it
theres a pizza across the room calling my name.

I guess no Danimals

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Mr. X has attended more tournaments than Romeo, beaten better players in tournament, and has only ever lost to Alex and Futile if I'm not mistaken. That is why he'd be more inclined to make the list than Romeo at this time.

Neither of them however, made the list. It's hard to place anything after 10 right now, because of things like attendance and consistency. That's why we only had a top 10.

This list, while serving as an encouragement for people to attend more tournaments, also aides in seeding brackets. With this as a guideline it will be more clear who should be placed where in the power rankings. Certain players like Edge and Futile haven't been seeded by hosts unfamiliar with Brawl players, and who have seeded according to melee rankings. These things have caused a variety of unexpected results at numerous tournaments.

I encourage everyone to attend more tournaments, and carpool if you can to farther distances. Support SD today, as they have supported the smash community on numerous occasions.

Again, Good luck to everyone at future tournaments!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Attendance must be a major factor because Mr. X would be close to 3rd if he went to more tournaments. He gave DSF his first loss, and he 2 and 3 stocked some of those players on that list and others who want to be considered.

Has Alex given any input on this?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
:D yaaaa! haha number 6 nice lol. daaang i wish i coulda gone to the san diego tourney today, coulda been movin on up

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Attendance must be a major factor because Mr. X would be close to 3rd if he went to more tournaments. He gave DSF his first loss, and he 2 and 3 stocked some of those players on that list and others who want to be considered.

Has Alex given any input on this?
d1ckkkkkkkkkk ridaaaaaaaa

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
while i really dont h ave much to do with mr x (and therefore gave no input on his position) didn't he only play at like one or two tournaments quite a while ago?

I mean i know everyone was really impressed and he did really well, but this early in the games lifespan people are improving ridiculously quickly. You MUST stay active to keep an active spot on the list while the game is so young.

LuCKy

Smash Master
cool.....i guess im gonna try now just to be on the list lol

-edit i should have gone to ucsd.......lol gimpy lets go for singles

LuCKy

Smash Master
like i was saying about 9 hours ago.....

i decided to start trying brawl out for reals,and i won my first tourney........ lol yeayuhzz

Samus-T

Smash Lord
lol is u serious? i had to win two sets buddy. 6 matches at 12:30 in the morning. noooo waaaaayy lol V__V

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
No late night johns. You took the cowards way out. Are you scared of the farting man or something?

Just kidding! really. lol

Good job beating DSF and getting top 2. Who else did you beat? anyone else on the rankings?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
lol i took the smart way out XD. uhmmm i beat dsf, mikehaze, ripn(should be ranked hes good as hell) and ya thats about it ha

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
we'll probably update the rankings after every regional or major. We'll also update it if things drastically change

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol i took the smart way out XD. uhmmm i beat dsf, mikehaze, ripn(should be ranked hes good as hell) and ya thats about it ha
You better watch out, I'm still trying for best D3 in socal :)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
we'll probably update the rankings after every regional or major. We'll also update it if things drastically change
so do you guys keep track of the bracket and various tournament results then for all these tournaments like UCSD and granada hills?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wow I actually know Futile in real life and im surprised he got this good. =/

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Maybe I should go back to playing dedede. I really wasnt bad with him

And look at Aero, Romeo, JTB, DSF placing

but nah man DK is real good to I got to rep him. I like him more. nobody plays him I'll show you all lol

Btw aero what did DSF play vs you?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I feel you Ive always hated marth since melee

fair and side b spam all day is so annoying. cant even really block side b since it eats your shield up

but hey you beat DSFs marth so you gotta be doing something right man for that matchup.

btw, how did you get that cool as hell signature. I want something **** like that for DK lol

Top Bottom