• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
List:

KawaiiBunny! 117
KRDsonic 103
FrozenPopo 98
JustNoOne 68
Hylian 54
meepxzero 47
kackamee 46
Futurewrestler 43
Fly_Amanita 42
swordgard 42
dgameman1 31
GwJumpman 27
Condog 26
mc-killa 24
istudying 24
Dev2000 23
lain 22
IxxI 19
BananaHammock 18
Lovely 14
Bnzaaa 14
.AC. 14
REL38 14
Kage Me 13
l!nk_aut 10
choknater 8
ChibiIceClimberz 8
Dooan 8
Diddyknight 6
Smasher89 6

In order of posts. I took out people that I know don't main ICs.

Edit: Or use them for that matter.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Armada and t0mmy. >_>

I'm not going to bother johning; I'm just disappointed since I felt like I could have done much better, especially since I was playing well in pools the day before brackets.

Also, I hate to admit it, but it really does look like I need help with the ROB match-up. I'm really bad at approaching him. *shrugs*
Oh please. Just approach with desynced blizzards and ice blocks cancel out gyros. Just get that grab and hobble to death.

@~KawaiiBunny~ - I'm not that far off then.

Teh Future

Smash Master
shouldn't include people that have like >5 posts imo.

I lost to a ROB this weekend in pools D:

People act like ROB isn't a problem for ICs because Lain, Meep and Swordgard all said they think its ICs favor but its still a dumb matchup imo. Desynced blizzards only work when ROB is approaching you, which should never be happening...

I dont know how any of you guys land grabs, ROB can land pretty safely with a retreating bair and his tilts are really dumb.

meepxzero

Smash Master
i dont mess up cging wario lol. Not after vik beat me that first time XD. Warios like one of those chars u cant mess up infinites against. Cuz u barely ever grab him.

but im sure if lain landed those 2 infinites the game woulda changed to his favor (being behind on stocks against ic is the worse feeling especially against someone at lains level), but we will never know.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You don't get it. Desynced blizzard work as an APPROACH against ROB. ROB is like King Dedede but with a worse air and ground game.

meepxzero

Smash Master
I just short hop fair rob cuz he sits there spamming ftilt, dtilt. Hes just really easy to grab that makes ic win the match up. Its just a matter of not messing up ur infinites. Ull get hit around a lot, but hes easy to grab.

On another note my region has resorted to planking me now (breaking rules) because they are all bad.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You don't get it. Desynced blizzard work as an APPROACH against ROB. ROB is like King Dedede but with a worse air and ground game.
Ima disagree with you here, laser>desynchs.

Simple as that.

As for meep, i dunnow, dtilt is such an unsafe move for rob vs ics, either way holy never uses either of those 2 moves. Well, sometimes ftilt, but only to punish blizzard. Never as a standalone move. He just camps and make you approach then grabs if you come in range >.< . I wanna see you rematch him frankly.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
List:

KawaiiBunny! 117
KRDsonic 103
FrozenPopo 98
JustNoOne 68
Hylian 54
meepxzero 47
kackamee 46
Futurewrestler 43
Fly_Amanita 42
swordgard 42
dgameman1 31
GwJumpman 27
Condog 26
mc-killa 24
istudying 24
Dev2000 23
lain 22
IxxI 19
BananaHammock 18
Lovely 14
Bnzaaa 14
.AC. 14
REL38 14
Kage Me 13
l!nk_aut 10
choknater 8
ChibiIceClimberz 8
Dooan 8
Diddyknight 6
Smasher89 6

wow, i'm really the 3rd most active IC main.... i'm assuming in this topic, but still. :lick:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Every time they plank you, meep, direct them to that video of Fly Amanita vs Plank from Axis I think it was... that amazing one, lol.

But yeah, you really can't afford to make a mistake with CGing Wario... but the same goes for lots of characters that you guys face.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
When people plank/camp, I just camp back. I ran the timer out twice in pools and had another pools round last over 7 minutes, lol.

IxxI

Smash Fence
List:

KawaiiBunny! 117
KRDsonic 103
FrozenPopo 98
JustNoOne 68
Hylian 54
meepxzero 47
kackamee 46
Futurewrestler 43
Fly_Amanita 42
swordgard 42
dgameman1 31
GwJumpman 27
Condog 26
mc-killa 24
istudying 24
Dev2000 23
lain 22
IxxI 19 <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BananaHammock 18
Lovely 14
Bnzaaa 14
.AC. 14
REL38 14
Kage Me 13
l!nk_aut 10
choknater 8
ChibiIceClimberz 8
Dooan 8
Diddyknight 6
Smasher89 6
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
List:

KawaiiBunny! 117
KRDsonic 103
FrozenPopo 98
JustNoOne 68
Hylian 54
meepxzero 47
kackamee 46
Futurewrestler 43
Fly_Amanita 42
swordgard 42
dgameman1 31
GwJumpman 27
Condog 26
mc-killa 24
istudying 24
Dev2000 23
lain 22
IxxI 19
BananaHammock 18
Lovely 14
Bnzaaa 14
.AC. 14
REL38 14
Kage Me 13
l!nk_aut 10
choknater 8
ChibiIceClimberz 8
Dooan 8
Diddyknight 6
Smasher89 6

Darn my activity D: I was never good at listing facts about myself since 1st grade.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wow, I'm the 2nd most active person on this thread? o.O I didn't expect that.

Edit: Then again, I'm really only active in this thread, the Wolf social thread (which is fairly dead), and the Houston thread.

meepxzero

Smash Master
*shrugs* im so against running the timer cuz its stupid. I havent had that happen in months. I guess i really have no choice anymore. I honestly wanna quit this game now because of the negative vibe i get with my region.

All my friends now wanna cheat to beat me lol... -_-

I need another pep talk with lain LOL. Winning with ic is so stressful because everyone hates you so much. I dont remember any mk getting this much hate when they wanted him banned.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
People on AiB like to make the game lag intentionally just to avoid playing my ICs at full potential. =/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hi. Not sure about that CO18 thing. He got beat by FOW though in pools using Dedede. What was the point of that question? lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good to be backkkk :).

That was soooooo much fun and I got soooo much better :). Lain did pretty well. Sad he lost to tyrant :/.

I went pretty much all IC's. I got 1st seed in my pool(which was pretty ****ing hard) with catnip and hall.

My bracket was:

Stealth Raptor(Pikachu)
I win 2-0. (3 and 2 stock)

GDX(Diddy/GW)
I win 2-0. Don't remember the stocks.

Chip(Toon Link)
I lose 2-1(2stock win for me, 2 stock win for him, 1 stock win for him)

Leepuff(G&W/MK)
I win 2-0.(1 stock his MK and 2 stock his GW)

Zex(MK)
I lose 2-0(I hate tripping :/)

It was a fairly good run. I felt I could of beaten zex then rich and gotten 13th though :/.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I thought hall got the 1st seed

and no, you wouldn't have beaten rich, he can beat leepuff (who does have a better gdubs than you) and plays fictions ics about 2-5 days a week

rich is too beast in that matchup

ggs in the money match though

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I thought hall got the 1st seed

and no, you wouldn't have beaten rich, he can beat leepuff (who does have a better gdubs than you) and plays fictions ics about 2-5 days a week

rich is too beast in that matchup

ggs in the money match though
We split 1st seed. Catnip beat hall and I beat Catnip.

And I hate $1 MM's. They are so pointless :/.

Really though what was the point of that post? I said I felt like I COULD of beaten rich, because I like playing against olimar with IC's. Your logic is also really bad. Just because someone has experience against another player it doesn't mean they will win against others who play the same character. Everyone plays match-ups differently and making those kind of assumptions is pretty baseless.

Oh, and I could of DQed Zex and just played richbrown because they DQ'ed him for not showing up, but right as I was starting my match with rich he shows up and I play him instead of letting him be DQ'ed because I'm not a ****.

I don't understand the random ****talk. I just feel like I could of placed 13th instead of 25th. I said nothing detrimental about my opponents skill.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I know you could have dqd zex, I was there when it happened

1$ mms have the point of having both players try, and you picked the amount, I said i didn't care

also, the point of the post was to not underestimate rich

and yeah, hall is crazy

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know you could have dqd zex, I was there when it happened

1$ mms have the point of having both players try, and you picked the amount, I said i didn't care

also, the point of the post was to not underestimate rich

and yeah, hall is crazy
Did I really pick the amount? :/ weeeiiiirrrdddd haha I hate $1 MM's :(.

And I never underestimated rich, I just think I had a chance at beating him had I beaten Zex. I know how good he is, I watched several of his matches. I don't think I could of beaten Razer though :/.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Nice stuff Hylian. Now I wanna play against you in friendlies sometime, you sound so pro :o

Edit: I agree with the past posts about IC getting so much hate. It's the reason I "say" my main is Wolf now, because I got tired of it. I doubt people would feel the need to complain to a Wolf main, someone who gets chain grabbed constantly, how broken chain grabbing is. I still use IC just as much as before though. It seems like it's working so far, other people could try it too if they can't deal with the hate. Just get someone to record some friendlies with you using another character every now and then to make it look like you don't main IC anymore ;p

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
People are so ignorant toward some stuff (brawl, IC's, etc.) It gets truly out of hand.

On another note-what happend to all the texture hacks? I finally got them to work, and I need some IC ones?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Nice stuff Hylian. Now I wanna play against you in friendlies sometime, you sound so pro :o

Edit: I agree with the past posts about IC getting so much hate. It's the reason I "say" my main is Wolf now, because I got tired of it. I doubt people would feel the need to complain to a Wolf main, someone who gets chain grabbed constantly, how broken chain grabbing is. I still use IC just as much as before though. It seems like it's working so far, other people could try it too if they can't deal with the hate. Just get someone to record some friendlies with you using another character every now and then to make it look like you don't main IC anymore ;p
you can't be a closet IC main. you need to show the world who you've decided to use in brawl, and to hell with the consequences! never feel guilty about who you are. some may call you 'gay' or a '***' but in the end they don't matter, because you'll have won. at the end of the day there are two kinds of people: those that do, and those who wish they had done. don't be the latter. embrace the ICs. they are nothing to be ashamed of. now, you get out there and you REPRESENT those hammer weilding *******! BY GOD, YOU GO REPRESENT!!!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thats not representing... thats taking the cowards way out. LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE AN IC MAIN. LET THEM SEE YOUR SINS! only then can you cleans the weak....

*i want everyone to know i fought really hard to NOT do a jew joke there. just wanted to let you all know that i was THINKING it (oh god, was i thinking it....), but was responsible enough not to actually POST it. thank you*

meepxzero

Smash Master
*shrugs* im so against running the timer cuz its stupid. I havent had that happen in months. I guess i really have no choice anymore. I honestly wanna quit this game now because of the negative vibe i get with my region.
Just play against only Boss :)

Also does/did he play Luigi or Mario against you?
he usually goes luigi against me. I win the matches usually when we play, but last time we played he hit me with some rediculous up bs. Luigi is mad scary because you wanna land a grab on him but you dont wanna get upbed XD.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH LAIN.

hella nice meeting you talking with you and MM you.

sorry for telling Tyrant to just plank you after he killed nana and to NOT kill popo.

You are the sexist smasher alive.

and your weed smoking > tyrants.

LOTS of homo.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
thats not representing... thats taking the cowards way out. LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE AN IC MAIN. LET THEM SEE YOUR SINS! only then can you cleans the weak....

*i want everyone to know i fought really hard to NOT do a jew joke there. just wanted to let you all know that i was THINKING it (oh god, was i thinking it....), but was responsible enough not to actually POST it. thank you*
I'm just following Hylian's example with how he used to trick people's counterpicks with IC when he actually didn't use them much :p

Top Bottom