• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i used green in melee and brawl. but now that i have textures i use my faceless ICs.... still on the green texture... i like green.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yes, we R.O.B. players always look for a Laser through the blizzard.
But you IC players don't realize it takes almost a half a second of startup to shoot those things. Then you have to charge it for a second afterward before you can fire it again.
So, it's not as easy as you think. Usually we just have to read you, run, turn and zap. Best when you're on the ledge.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yes, we R.O.B. players always look for a Laser through the blizzard.
But you IC players don't realize it takes almost a half a second of startup to shoot those things. Then you have to charge it for a second afterward before you can fire it again.
So, it's not as easy as you think. Usually we just have to read you, run, turn and zap. Best when you're on the ledge.
You walk backwards and ftilt, even better >.>

Prawn

Smash Master
Yeah same, I just kinda, do it? I mean it's a little different but not a big adjustment IMO

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think I'm getting a little obsessive with getting better at this game. @_@

Breathe Bunny breeeeaaathe.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I think I'm getting a little obsessive with getting better at this game. @_@

Breathe Bunny breeeeaaathe.
i was at that point before the end of the last school year... i told myself that i would only play for fun until i had calmed the **** down. its only recently that i've gotten back into playing to win. i still enjoy FFAs from time to time, but i've started training to get my pivots down and to make sure that if i want to CG, i can. soon the nightmares will start and i'll have to just quit games till school starts....

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pics :p.

Some pics from Genesis:

Lain/Atomsk/Bwett:

Hylian enjoying a poptart:

Hylian enjoying a poptart with a McDonalds bag on his head:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well, I'm done with my chaingrab training for the morning. Out of about 50 stocks I got...maybe 8 legit 0-Deaths on MK. -_- He's really the only character I can't chaingrab. I never miss Down Throw on him, but Back Throw is really irritating. Probably because I'm thinking negative. I dunno. Well, I've still got a week to go so maybe I'll get better at it. >_> At least it's for a good reason or whatever. I'm pretty determined to learn this.

D

Deleted member

Good thing I only play B+ IC, now, I haven't trained in a really long while, I bet I'd mess up with the third by the third fthrow>bthrow, lul. I'm practicing with dthrow>absorbing blizzard right now.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
For some reason, Luigi is my worst matchup. Does anyone have as much trouble as I do with him?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Does anyone hate Ice Climbers on WiFi as much as me? I can't do the startup de-sync and when I do the Z-roll de-sync it takes an hour for me to start Ice Block >.>
And don't get me started with Chain Grabs on WiFi :cry:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
For some reason, Luigi is my worst matchup. Does anyone have as much trouble as I do with him?
You don't really have to do much, lol. Luigi is allergic to shields. Just shield grab him.

Does anyone hate Ice Climbers on WiFi as much as me? I can't do the startup de-sync and when I do the Z-roll de-sync it takes an hour for me to start Ice Block >.>
And don't get me started with Chain Grabs on WiFi :cry:
I'm pretty good with them on wifi, but better with them offline. -_- I hate how hard it is to CG sometimes.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I'm pretty good with them on wifi
How? Everytime i wanna stop my Ice Blocks and do Blizzard it ends up doing 50 more ice blocks and then I do blizzard and by that time I get hit :urg:
And Nana is even dumber on WiFi, she was fighting a Marth and she attacked in the wrong direction.
Sometimes I wonder what goes on in Nana's head.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Because Wifi has feelings sadly... And Nana is just stupid, so that's why she has Popo :3

btw Hylain now you love Pop Tarts? First it's Dr Pepper, I can understand the addication to Dr Pepper because it's Dr Pepper and it has imperial cane sugar which I heard from my friend over in Texas, but Pop Tart? 0.0 What's so good about it =O

Teh Future

Smash Master
I know how to power shield with both consistently >_>.
ummmm.... how? lol.

I can powershield with popo fine. Its just everytime I do nana explodes...

I swear my nana gets hit by EVERYTHING. I can stand somewhere with my shield up like half a second before I get hit and nana will fly away.

such a *****...

Also I can't practice ICs because my grab button is borken D:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Because Wifi has feelings sadly... And Nana is just stupid, so that's why she has Popo :3

btw Hylain now you love Pop Tarts? First it's Dr Pepper, I can understand the addication to Dr Pepper because it's Dr Pepper and it has imperial cane sugar which I heard from my friend over in Texas, but Pop Tart? 0.0 What's so good about it =O
It's just a poptart. I have no obsession with them. Not at all like Dr Pepper.

I just happened to be eating one.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I can CG everyone know, except for the man in green. :mad:
Since he's pretty light weight I tried going for some variation of the BThrow CG, but that doesn't work. Neither does DThrow > Fthrow.
ASDJASKDHASABDAS.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Pop tarts are awkward, I tried it once and than I almost felt like vomitting it.. srsly it was that bad, but it's okay since I'm asian...

Also... is Luigi lightweight? If he is maybe a Dthrow to a Bthrow and pivot the Dthrow, it works well on MK for me. Dthrow to Fthrow is slower than a Dthrow to Bthrow.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I do buffered FThrow to BThrow on Luigi and other mid-weights.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Luigi? Hard to chain grab? o.O I've never practiced chain grabs against him, but he's just as easy to chain grab for me as Marth is, I just use the same chain grab on Luigi that I use on Marth (Buffer Bthrow > Fthrow, or whatever it's called)

IxxI

Smash Fence
Everyday there's one character that I can't chaingrab, lol.
Yesterday was Pit, now it's Luigi.
xD

EDITERZFTW:
I just wanted to say how I CG people.

The weight list from lightest to heaviest
1. Game and Watch
2. Squirtle
3. Jigglypuff
4. Kirby
5.Pikachu
6. Metaknight
7. Fox
8. Zero Suit Samus
9. Falco
10. Olimar
11. Zelda
12. Shiek
13. Marth
14. Peach
15 Ice Climbers
16. Toon Link
17. Diddy Kong
18.Lucas
19. Ness
20. Pit
21. Sonic
22. Luigi
23. Mario
24. Ivysaur
25. Lucario
26. Wolf
27. Captain Falcon
28. Link
29. Ike
30. Rob
31 Wario
32. Yoshi
33. Samus
34. Ganondorf
35. Charizard
36. King Dedede
37. Snake
38. Donkey Kong
39. Bowser

How I CG:

• Light-weights
BThrow>BThrow or BThrow> DThrow (The CG's don't apply to certain characters in this group, it just depends on how I feel because I can do them consistently)

1. Game and Watch
2. Squirtle
3. Jigglypuff
4. Kirby
5.Pikachu
6. Metaknight
7. Fox
8. Zero Suit Samusa
9. Falco,
10. Olimar
11.Zelda
12.Shiek
13. Marth
14. Peach
15 Ice Climbers
16. Toon Link
17. Diddy Kong
18.Lucas
19. Ness
20. Pit
21. Sonic
22. Luigi
23. Mario
24. Ivysaur
25. Lucario

• Heavy-weights
Dthrow>Fthrow

26. Wolf
27. Captain Falcon
28. Link
29. Ike
30. Rob
31 Wario
32. Yoshi
33. Samus
34. Ganondorf
35. Charizard
36. King Dedede
37. Snake
38. Donkey Kong
39. Bowser

Well, that's my mental list of which CG's to use on which characters.
:bee:

meepxzero

Smash Master
so i watched lain vs fiction on youtube a few mins ago and yea all i have to really say is if he played the first stock like the rest of his 3 stocks he woulda destroyed fiction. That is all.

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
How can I find it meep? Is there a vid thread in smashboards or anything?

Care for giving me an url or something?

edit: nvm, just search: lain fiction genesis in jewtube

second edit: Man, if lain wouldn't have self destructed that much OR missed his chaingrabs/hobbles, either way he would've won. Honestly.. lain > fiction.

I LOVED that grab at the beggining of the match.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lain: You can grab wario again out of a grab release and also bthrow hobbling doesn't work very consistently on him. It's pretty easy to learn just the bthrow timing to turn around, or you can use that same CG I told you to use on snake to turn around.

Also, use nair a lot more vs wario. If you full hop uair and then do a FF nair it can combo into grab if you land it. SH FF nair will combo them into a grab off of their bike sometimes, and it's just a really good move to use against Wario. Replace a lot of your desynched blizzards and ice blocks with nair and bair walls and you will find wario have a much harder time hitting you.

When you grab him with single climbers and nana is running to you, don't throw him. Just sit there. He might not force the ground break which means you have a chance to grab him out of the grab release again. If he releases on the ground either roll away or run past him and pivot grab(they almost always either attack with fsmash right away or spotdodge).

IxxI

Smash Fence
I didn't make the weight list, I just copied it from somewhere. Could you link me the correct one?
I'll just switch things around.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I was hoping for M2K's weight list, and I'm pretty **** sure that R.O.B. is heavier than Captain Falcon.

IxxI

Smash Fence
WTH?
Your join date was this month, and you know about the whole Fence ordeal?
D:

Thank you for getting me the proper weightlist.
:bee:

Top Bottom