• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Prawn

Smash Master
Meep someday can you talk to me on aim and teach me how to beat people down on Rainbow Cruise?

QQ

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No one picks RC against me because of my GW >_>.

Prawn

Smash Master
APPARENTLY according to Meep and I think Lain ICs have some crazy **** they can pull on RC, I assume it has to do with the short ceilings and sides but it's just tough to play there for me.

meepxzero

Smash Master
its nothing really gay.... the part where you can walk off the ledge (flat part on the top) you can dthrow cg mk or light weights to the edge and dthrow fsmash them for a quick kill, but most are already afraid to get grabbed at that point.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I played Thrzy a lot to day. xD He is so much better than any other Pika I've played. x.x;

IxxI

Smash Fence
Erm, can I be second?
:D

Also, is my "invisible" mode thing a white or red dot? It looks red to me. :mad:
I want to be the first person to ever match the default white text with something loooool.
;x

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The only Pikachu I've ever played is Z. He's solid, but easy to read, which is a pretty bad trait when fighting against ICs.

Oh yeah, you should all watch the Mango vs. Armada sets when they're up, even if you don't play Melee.

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
So lain missed cgs against fiction... poor lain

I also tend to get nervous and miss chaingrabs in "big" matches against anything but lightweights. ICs are one of the worst characters to get nervous with.

Man I wished I lived in the US so I could have been there in Genesis.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Suggestions:

Karina should post the order of people in which they will tell their facts in the OP.
Karina should make me go second.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
AND IXXI SHOULD SHUT UP! :mad:

*Goes to add the list to the OP*

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'll be the blue, you be the red, and lain can be the green! It's Perfect.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
lain should have used that lain ICs texture at Genesis, lol. That thing is wayyyyy too good.

Edit: I'll use a blue ICs I guess. ;-;

T0MMY

Smash Master
Armada and t0mmy. >_>

Also, I hate to admit it, but it really does look like I need help with the ROB match-up. I'm really bad at approaching him. *shrugs*
I wrote a response over in my R.O.B. thread at AiB, I hope this will help you out:

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=960798#p960798

(post #19)

You don't get it. Desynced blizzard work as an APPROACH against ROB. ROB is like King Dedede but with a worse air and ground game.
The blizzard is the best approach, but it's not entirely safe, I get a lot of KO's on the ICs because they try to approach with that. It's easily telegraphed, so I read it and get around with a N-air. If that doesn't get a KO, it splits the two of them up pretty easily and then it's robo-**** time. After that happens they reconsider approaching with it and their options are very limited.

If you think R.O.B. has a worse air and ground game than a fat penguin, then you have no idea what the character is like when played at high level games.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I wrote a response over in my R.O.B. thread at AiB, I hope this will help you out:

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=960798#p960798

(post #19)

The blizzard is the best approach, but it's not entirely safe, I get a lot of KO's on the ICs because they try to approach with that. It's easily telegraphed, so I read it and get around with a N-air. If that doesn't get a KO, it splits the two of them up pretty easily and then it's robo-**** time. After that happens they reconsider approaching with it and their options are very limited.

If you think R.O.B. has a worse air and ground game than a fat penguin, then you have no idea what the character is like when played at high level games.

Desynched blizz is not an approach.

Rob takes a step back then lazer you through it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Do ROBs not know that they can shoot through Desynched Blizzards? o_o

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

Blue. Because I refuse to use the Blue ICs they put in the game.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Since most people end their chaingrabs with USmash, should we make an Ice Climber USmash kill percentages chart with and without DI on each character?
I think it would help a lot.
I find myself CG'ing too much at times, lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Since most people end their chaingrabs with USmash, should we make an Ice Climber USmash kill percentages chart with and without DI on each character?
I think it would help a lot.
I find myself CG'ing too much at times, lol.
Kill %'s don't matter. You should CG so they can't mash out, which will be higher then the kill %.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I think T0mmy was talking about both ICs blizzarding as an approach, not desynced. And even that clashes with fsmash, ftilt, and is beaten by some of his arieals.

Also I was playing melee yesterday and Im pissed they took out the orange climbers in brawl lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Orange ICs were what I used, lol. And the purplish one. I hated their Melee colors. =/

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
You can just request someone to make an orange IC texture :|

I just got the Mage IC's, and the Kiba and Akamaru (Akamaru is using the jutsu thingy to look like Kiba) textures.

Top Bottom