• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
My samus is complete **** lol. Anyway, ill sort the rooms out for you guys, there is enough rooms that the europeans will get to room with their country folk. Can you find out if luma, pasi and any other germans are interested in this? pamaro? ice? kjab?
nuuu Ed its **** sexy

Callum you prick give me some space!
:laugh: cant give you any space, hate those missiles

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Hey, if I commute just for the singles and not stay overnight (I live in Stafford, so not far off) would I need to pay venue fees?

I'm not too sure how this all works. It'll be my first tournament.

Kone

Smash Master
- Hey, if I commute just for the singles and not stay overnight (I live in Stafford, so not far off) would I need to pay venue fees?

I'm not too sure how this all works. It'll be my first tournament.
Yes you will sir. Minimum fee is £12 and you will need to register on the website. I must pay the venue manager for each person present in the venue per day. For an extra quid you can fine dine aswell.

Also, I live in Stourbridge. Want to play sometime?!

Kone

Smash Master
YOU NEED TO BOOK AND REGISTER.

THERE ARE ONLY 4 SWEDES REGISTERED. I AM SURE THERE ARE MORE COMING, REGISTER.

THERE ARE ONLY 3 ITALIANS REGISTERED. I AM SURE THERE ARE MORE COMING, REGISTER.

For the french and dutch can you update me on your plans and likelyhood of booking/registering. Getting nervous as I need all the beds taken :)

Faab/Zgetto/Amsah/Adam/Marc/Utto/Remen etc etc anychance any of you making this?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
OK we failed to register during this week, but I'll make sure it happens before the deadline.
So just so you know,
AJP, IVP, C, Rocky
are all confirmed with flights booked, and WILL register when I have time to do so (leaving for another 7-day trip in a few hours but I guess they have internet somewhere...)

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
Yo, you can reserve a bed for Cyril, I'll try to make french register as soon as possible.

And as I said before, some of the spanish in the interested list (like Urulok for example) haven't even heard of this... And no Chris, I guess no Spanish will come.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Current situation of (some of) the Dutch as far as I know:

- Marc, Exalador and me are registered. Most likely we are driving to the tournament. We hope to bring a fourth person with us in the car, which could be Ivo or Amsah (if he doesn't mind going to London afterwards).
- Zgetto, Faab and Amsah are interested, but I think they will only make it if they are able to go by car. Hopefully, Zgetto and Faab will go with Mind Trick. I'm not too sure about Amsah if he can't come with us.
- If I understand correctly, Remen and Adam are definitely not coming, because they're not going to travel abroad for smash anymore.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Yes you will sir. Minimum fee is £12 and you will need to register on the website. I must pay the venue manager for each person present in the venue per day. For an extra quid you can fine dine aswell.

Also, I live in Stourbridge. Want to play sometime?!
Yeah I figured as much, but I wasn't sure. Ok great! If that's the case I might end up getting floor space and trying to find myself a doubles partner for the next day.

I just googlemapped Stafford to Stourbridge, and it really isn't too far at all. I would definately be up for some Smash. I'll ping you a pm.

Hello Mr.Otter. Im afraid venue fees apply to all who attend. This is the standard for all European tournaments
Joey right? I'm pretty sure we played in Leeds. I'm the Sheik player who's mates with Charlie. I can't believe he's sacking off this tournament. I'm down a doubles partner and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one representing Leeds at this thing. :|

Kone

Smash Master
Yo, you can reserve a bed for Cyril, I'll try to make french register as soon as possible.

And as I said before, some of the spanish in the interested list (like Urulok for example) haven't even heard of this... And no Chris, I guess no Spanish will come.
I posted quite regularly on the spanish board but SNY hasn't seem to gain much attention. From what I understand strawhat and over don't play anymore. In regards to the interested list I am not sure where that came from lol. Charles made it I think?

If you have contact with any of the better spanish smashers maybe see if we can get any of them to come last minute?

is there going to be vegi food available?
I am going to be doing a vegi option for Mike. Are you coming Sam? if you need or wanyone needs vegi meals please let me know asap.

Current situation of (some of) the Dutch as far as I know:

- Marc, Exalador and me are registered. Most likely we are driving to the tournament. We hope to bring a fourth person with us in the car, which could be Ivo or Amsah (if he doesn't mind going to London afterwards).
- Zgetto, Faab and Amsah are interested, but I think they will only make it if they are able to go by car. Hopefully, Zgetto and Faab will go with Mind Trick. I'm not too sure about Amsah if he can't come with us.
- If I understand correctly, Remen and Adam are definitely not coming, because they're not going to travel abroad for smash anymore.
Why dont you bring amsah AND ivo? your going to be in the car for quite sometime and really your going to be uncomfortable regardless of whether theres a fifth or not.

Do you have mindtrick's msn? would like to find out what his plans are.

Also, tell Remen and Adam to make this their last foreign tournament. I promise them an ace time with the UK community ^_^

Kone

Smash Master
2 x Cooked breakfast (sausage, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, toast) OR cereal served with tea/coffee/orange juice.

Spagehetti Bolognese

Burgers or Chicken nuggets with chips and beans.

There will also be sandwiches and crisps served thursday (dont have time to cool an evening meal).

Lastly, tea/coffee/juice will be available at anytime.

_________________-

It is £1 lol so dont expect restruarant quality but it'll make sure you dont spend 2 much and are fed :D

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
ye i will be coming to this. i will register later today once i have put some money in my bank.
a vegi option for me as well would be great thanks.

doubles better fear me and swizzy.

Kone

Smash Master
Anyone thinking of driving to SNY from the continent think about this;

ed says:
oki
Right well....
eindhoven to dunkirk (france) is 2.5 hours, 250 km, 22 euros petrol

You could then get the following ferrys;
www.norfolkline.com 66 euros return. Departure ferry 16.00 monday 9th
Return 22.00 thursday 12th (you could go friday instead)

dover to stourbridge - 3.5 hours, 344 km, 30 euros
(stourbridge is where i live and near the venue)
Sooo, you would be housed with me monday night and then we'd drive up to the venue together
The tournament finishes at 5-7 pm thursday, so you could make the 10pm ferry home or be housed by me thursday and drive home friday
Altogether, your looking at 42 euros each with four of you in the car.
34 euros each with 5 people in the car.
Freek- says:
I see
ed says:
Also, I opted for 'nice' times for you on www.norfokline.com. You could actually get the ferry for as cheap as 38 euros return if you opted to get early morning ferries
Imo it is really easy drive (ive done it before) and so cheap

Retroking2000

Smash Master
2 x Cooked breakfast (sausage, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, toast) OR cereal served with tea/coffee/orange juice.

Spagehetti Bolognese

Burgers or Chicken nuggets with chips and beans.

There will also be sandwiches and crisps served thursday (dont have time to cool an evening meal).

Lastly, tea/coffee/juice will be available at anytime.

_________________-

It is £1 lol so dont expect restruarant quality but it'll make sure you dont spend 2 much and are fed :D
amazing .

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Why dont you bring amsah AND ivo? your going to be in the car for quite sometime and really your going to be uncomfortable regardless of whether theres a fifth or not.
That's a possibility. Can Jolteon house five people though?

Do you have mindtrick's msn? would like to find out what his plans are.
I'll send you a PM.

Also, tell Remen and Adam to make this their last foreign tournament. I promise them an ace time with the UK community ^_^
I'll see what I can do. :)

Kone

Smash Master
Deathgazer : I know that he currently lives in Denmark. Also, I am having tamoo, lj, yeniths and maybe others over this friday. I know that milton keynes isnt massively far away from me. Your welcome over if your up for some games (live in stourbridge south of brum).

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
You're amazing Kone (for the cheap food which looks delicious) and Infernum will not come at SNY.

Mahie won't come either I think (almost sure).

Zgetto

Smash Ace
About remen and and adam they def wont come.. besides the fact they dont wanan go abroad liek utto said.. adam is in nigeria and remen cant cause it isnt on the weekend(school or some ****)
So yeah i quess me and faab will register as soon as we know if we can go by car..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom