• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Ashu - Sounds like your doing some great work convincing more french to come, keep it up! cyr coming would be brilliant and what about inf? also, 70 euros between paris and london is a realy good deal imo and you guys should book it before it goes. I don't think you could make it cheaper than that :). When you get to london you get a coach from there to Birmingham (www.nationalexpress.com or www.megabus.com)book them as soon as possible to get your tickets very very cheap :)

Do you have msn?

Jack's gf -> My partner Kate is going to be at the tournament helping me run it. There should also be my sister Jessy about and potentially a few of our friends that are girls :)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Ashu - Sounds like your doing some great work convincing more french to come, keep it up! cyr coming would be brilliant and what about inf? also, 70 euros between paris and london is a realy good deal imo and you guys should book it before it goes. I don't think you could make it cheaper than that :). When you get to london you get a coach from there to Birmingham (www.nationalexpress.com or www.megabus.com)book them as soon as possible to get your tickets very very cheap :)

Do you have msn?
The 70€ price won't go. Right now we're just waiting for Cyr to check if he's got the same discount as Shloub (the other guy whose father works for the French nation railway company).
If he does (that's vey likely), we'll be 10 to book.
Since you can also add JD and Mahie who already booked, and Samplay and Yultan who are really interested, it seems we'll be something like 14... at least :p

I already looked up the coach tickets and that's pretty cheap, but I think I saw a cheap train fare, but I'm not sure we'll be able to use depending on our time of arrival.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Tomorow there's a smashfest in Paris, and Cyr, Qlex, Ashura, Slhoka, Makenshi, Baxon, Salepate, Willy, and me will be there. So we will be able to talk about SNY and make plans !

oh and French crew will win for sure

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I wanna reserve a bed... how do I <_>

(I'm purchasing tomorrow however!)

This is Willz btw

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I wanna reserve for tomorrow in case someone takes all the beds before I arrive at GT3 O_o

LC room would be ****

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice

Do you have msn?
I'm just trying to get the people who come from Paris get grouped to take the train to London, but yeah.
We'll take the 70€ ticket I guess and make 2 groups of 5 Frenchies. Right now I would like to be at the parisian smashfest to talk about that with other people, but sadly I'm not... I'll try to call or get all Parisians before Monday and we'll start booking and taking our tickets then.

Sorry but no news about Inf' right now, he's never on msn I'll try to talk him on Facebook but I don't have high hopes.

And yes for msn: Zachary75@hotmail.com

see ya!

Ps: Tero, he doesn't play Samus now he switched to Falcon (and he ***** me even more with falcon) =(

Kone

Smash Master
Awesome, glad to see the frenchies stepping it up, make sure as many of you book as possible!!!!!

jjlinyard - Venue is open from 9am on tuesday. The gym hall that is going to be used for playing smash will be out of bounds till until 10am - 11am at the latest until it is properly set up. However, there is the rest of the venue to be used until then. Im sort've guessing most brits will arrive fromm 11am/12am onwards anyway (looking at coach times). Book now though when there cheap.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Kone, can I ask you how many beds are in a room? Because there are some italians that still don't know if they want it or not, so we would like to just take "one full room"

Kone

Smash Master
Dax: The venue has a mixture of room sizes located on three floors. There are two bunkbed dormitories; one that sleeps 8 people and the other sleeps 10 people. I believe these are on the top floor. There is also two rooms on this floor with two single beds in them.

On the ground floor there are a range of bedrooms from single rooms to room that sleep 6 people.

There is then the bottom floor that has 17 single rooms and two double bedrooms.

Basically, I will use my common sense and place people into rooms based upon nationality. Therefore, if there are 7/8 italians coming and lets say 6 have paid for beds and 1/2 haven't ill put you all in a room that sleeps 6 people and then the italians with floor space can sleep on the floor space in that room (rooms are generally pretty big).

Once all beds are taken I will make a provisional sleeping plan and outline it on this thread. If there are any disagreements we can move people around etc.

If anyone specifically wants a room just to themselves let me know via pm and ill do my best to accomodate you.

On the day you arrive you will find that I will have put posters up signposting people to their rooms as you come in the entrance and each bedroom door will specify who the bedrooms belongs to.

Remember, those taken floor space will be expected to sleep (ideally) on the floor of bedrooms or in one lounge specified for sleeping (ground floor).

Kone

Smash Master
King - Check www.nationalexpress.com or www.megabus.com depends on when and where you are travelling from.

Provisional Schedule;

Tuesday - Venue opens 9am. Sports hall with setups will open around 10-11 am. Kitchen will also be out of bounds till a similar time. Basically, first few hours will be used by me and tournament staff to organise the venue in terms of; set ups, kitchen, signs, bins, moving tables and transporting tvs. THEREFORE, don't hassle staff if you arrive in the first few hours. Best bet would be to either help out or go to your rooms until everything is sorted.

Registration will take place for singles/doubles/crews around 5pm and Crews to start arounf 6 to finish by 9pm (hopefully ;)).

Wednesday - Pools first to be followed by Doubles.

Thursday - Bracket. We must be out venue by 7pm, so I want, at the latest, to get thing wrapped up by 5pm (hopefully).

Every morning I will go around the venue with a whistle letting people know that its 8am.

Breakfast to be served between 8.30-9.30.

Everyone to be in the gym hall for 9.45 to begin tournament events by 10am.

That means people will have ample time to get up, get showered and be fed ready to begin.

If anyone thinks it is a early start then yes it is. However, take in consideration that most people will have beds AWAY from where the tournament takes place (i.e. unlike normal tournaments where you play, eat and sleep in the same room snoozing to the sounds of PS and Dreamland as ***** play till 6am).

Add in the breakfast and showers then people should be 'refreshed' ready to start early. With the amount of tvs I expect to have we should be able to finish each day at a respectable time ;)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Dax: The venue has a mixture of room sizes located on three floors. There are two bunkbed dormitories; one that sleeps 8 people and the other sleeps 10 people. I believe these are on the top floor. There is also two rooms on this floor with two single beds in them.
Assuming all danes have reserved beds.... We'll take that one :p

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Londoners- any1 wanna take the train? currently researching train tickets n stuff but atm its seems 2 be alot cheaper if we do it in a group of 10+ its says we get a 70% discount

Reason for train - travel is quicker n it gets u closer 2 the venue so the taxi across is cheaper (distance frm station 2.1miles).
There is also a shop for food + drink, comfortable seats + electricity n we all knw wat we can do wit that lol =] on the train

Prices so far - £14 return if booked sooner if not booked as a group this excludes discounts
Journey time - 2h01m, 1 change at birmingham new street n then ur at longbridge station.
Time of travel - 10:43 frm london euston

return time - 7:13pm earliest then 15/20mins. Any earlier and it gets more expensive

so if ur interested just comment quoting "WANNA TRAIN ON THE TRAIN LONDON MASSIVE" lol dnt ask y its was random

Kone

Smash Master
King - post this on the thread in the other section. There is a thread about arranging coaches to SNY already.The times for this look good and if it is £14 thats really good. I would ring about the 70% dicount on the group travel though. When I was 18 I world for national rail enquiries and discounted travel normally has alot of explicit circumstances that need to be followed/limited trains to be used on it.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Payed for this at GT3 and I've got a bed. =D

Look forward to this and facing you again Ed, your Samus is so... um... good! (No really it is good, but Samus and her missiles are annoying xD but that's how you play her I guess).

Tero.

Smash Champion

Ps: Tero, he doesn't play Samus now he switched to Falcon (and he ***** me even more with falcon) =(
ohhh nooooo :S

@Kone: We germans sure like to share a room, at least yomi, phex, usleon and me (oh and of course luma if he's coming). We also don't mind sharing a room with Pasi and the other austrians if they're comming.

btw so looking forward to play your samus!

[/drunk mode, I'm sorry]

Kone

Smash Master
My samus is complete **** lol. Anyway, ill sort the rooms out for you guys, there is enough rooms that the europeans will get to room with their country folk. Can you find out if luma, pasi and any other germans are interested in this? pamaro? ice? kjab?

Tero.

Smash Champion
My samus is complete **** lol. Anyway, ill sort the rooms out for you guys, there is enough rooms that the europeans will get to room with their country folk. Can you find out if luma, pasi and any other germans are interested in this? pamaro? ice? kjab?
Doesn't matter, so are my characters!

I think Luma said he'll come to this, Pasi doesn't know yet, Ice is w/e, don't know about him and Pamaro doesn't care and is sometimes lazy as ****!
kJaB won't come, but I really don't know anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom