• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Mindtrick - Let me know if you need any help with what ferries to take etc. Maybe easier if you go with norfolklines from dunkirk to dover. For it to be cheap you may have to take a really really early morning ferry (like midnight - 4am) but if you took a early morning monday ferry you could then drive to mine and sleep :) . Bout 3 hours from Dover to Stourbridge (where I live).

GET IT BOOKED THOUGH ;)

Also, what about remen, adam and amsah?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I actually just realized that we shouldn't really blame it on the sunshine, or blame it on the moonlight, and definitely don't blame it on the good times.....and that we should blame it on the boogie....it's definitely the boogies fault imo

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Bearwood is the closest but I am sure that it'll either; 1. not let you choose to get of there 2. there wont be many coaches that go there or 3. it'll be more expensive than getting of at 'Birmingham'. If you can get it to Bearwood do that and ill pick you up as it is nearby (if you are coming the day before) if not you can get a bus from there to the venue.

If not just go to number 1.Birmingham. That drops you of in the city centre neaby the train/bus stations in which you can go directly to my house or the venue. Ill post how to do that soon (doesnt have to be booked in advance).

Let me know if that makes sense.
Thnx for the quick reply. Not sure if I can go yet. Looks like the cheapest options are eurolines + coach or flying to birmingham directly. The rest is to expensive I think. Not expecting to pay less then €100,-

Still looking into carpouling with some other smashers. Nothing decided yet. Might be that I'll just hold off till I find a car trip. If I can't find it then I guess next time.

Kone

Smash Master
Ryuker - If you fly directly to Birmingham that will save you a lot of time and alot of money imo. You could also look to fly to dublinw ith ryanair and from there to birmingham. Would work out as quick as flying to london stansted then coaching it from there.

Car pooling for the dutchies is the cheapest option imo 3 hours to dunkirk...1.5 hours on the ferry...then three hours to mine. Petrol and ferry crossing would work out alot cheaper than flying individually. But, theres no point in going for that if you can't guarantee anyone driving. Look into flights otherwise.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I actually just realized that we shouldn't really blame it on the sunshine, or blame it on the moonlight, and definitely don't blame it on the good times.....and that we should blame it on the boogie....it's definitely the boogies fault imo
LMAO

10MJ's

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
there are only 29 beds left

3 which are reserved

There is a huge UK tournament on saturday, a lot of these will be taken if no one else books meaning you will have to sleep on the floor space (the second option on the SNY payment site, the first will be removed once all beds are taken)

There are also a lot of groups who have booked together and will probably pay around the same time, meaning These will go very fast

It's first come first serve!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
there are only 29 beds left

3 which are reserved

There is a huge UK tournament on saturday, a lot of these will be taken if no one else books meaning you will have to sleep on the floor space (the second option on the SNY payment site, the first will be removed once all beds are taken)

There are also a lot of groups who have booked together and will probably pay around the same time, meaning These will go very fast

It's first come first serve!
A lot????

No the UK tournament this saturday will probably leave like 7 beds, that's nearly all of them lol.

I know loads of people who are coming to the saturday event and giving Fuzzyness the money to book it for them.

So if you literally don't book before saturday your placement in a nice comfy bed is very likely to get a nice kiss goodbye

Retroking2000

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6j1b9YPKs&feature=related

[FONT=comic sans MS,new york, times]silly humans[/FONT] [FONT=comic sans MS,new york, times]Nobody book beds while I’m around, destiny has reserved that luxury for me

This will mark the day in history i shall be born
[/FONT][FONT=comic sans MS,new york, times]I wasn’t sure how long I could sustain the effort without breaking in two.
It was as though the only thing holding my body together was my one burning desire to be better then armada

. Sometimes I thought I was losing my mind. Why wasn’t I able to obtain what armada had obtained?! It didn’t make any sense. It was infuriating… and it was my fury that kept me alive."
[/FONT]

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
Right now I'm waiting for Make and Baxon to see if I can come with them, if they're ok, I'll come to this.

Qlex is interested but not sure.

J03 your text with the countries made some Parisians laugh :laugh:

Prof, never mind about top 3, I discorved that you got an IC mate Alpha Dash rofl am going to have some bad time with campy fox waiting for a shine spike if I fight you... :urg:

Why are Strawhat and Urulok in the interested list cuz they don't even know the existence of this tournament I guess...

Kone, I'll remember you would have said that you'll be the best host if I come! =D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6j1b9YPKs&feature=related

[FONT=comic sans MS,new york, times]silly humans[/FONT] [FONT=comic sans MS,new york, times]Nobody book beds while I’m around, destiny has reserved that luxury for me

This will mark the day in history i shall be born
[/FONT][FONT=comic sans MS,new york, times]I wasn’t sure how long I could sustain the effort without breaking in two.
It was as though the only thing holding my body together was my one burning desire to be better then armada

. Sometimes I thought I was losing my mind. Why wasn’t I able to obtain what armada had obtained?! It didn’t make any sense. It was infuriating… and it was my fury that kept me alive."
[/FONT]
I know this was the vegeta thing before I even clicked on it loool

Prof, never mind about top 3, I discorved that you got an IC mate Alpha Dash rofl am going to have some bad time with campy fox waiting for a shine spike if I fight you... :urg:
loool Well yeah I have a bit of experience against them so I kinda know what to do.
I'm guessing you searched me on youtube and found that out lol.

Kone

Smash Master
Ashu - YES, I will host an awesome tournament and YES make sure you come and bring baxon and make with you ;)

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
No prof, he just came up in the "IC general chat" part of the forum to post he had problems against you. XD

I thought it was because of you lol.

He says you've got experience in every match up and you're a very consistent player! You'll have to give him a cookie for that! =) (or I'll do!)

Kone right now I'm almost sure they'll both come!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JpKQSw4bp8 5:10 very very nice, I've seen this 3 times, the first was Chillin then Kjab and now you, but it's always too good to see a ko like that.

Edit: Ok, so right now, Shloub (another French) has shown us a promotion upon the trains ticket from Paris to London, I'm almost sure to come with Make and Baxon, Shloub is coming too.

Porc, Salepate and Wii lee want a promotion too to make the trip, we're gonna see with Cyr (The samus guy) if he wants to come we'll have more promotion for Slhoka and Qlex (maybe) too.

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
The train ticket from Paris to London is at 70€ per head, don't know how it is usually but that seems fair, moreover, fly ticket are 100€ more expensive so... :)

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
This is getting me even more excited. As if I wasn't before ^_^

I'll be coming along as long as gm jack can (fyi: I'm his girlfriend). Hopefully the pair of us will be registering on Saturday... provided he is able to sort his work experience.

Out of curiosity, how many girls are competing in this tornament?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Very few I imagine, but a few will be lurking, helping with the tournament, with the food etc. So you won't be alone, I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless

It's great to see a good mix of people tho :) This is looking like its going to be great.

Tamoo

Smash Master
This is getting me even more excited. As if I wasn't before ^_^

I'll be coming along as long as gm jack can (fyi: I'm his girlfriend). Hopefully the pair of us will be registering on Saturday... provided he is able to sort his work experience.

Out of curiosity, how many girls are competing in this tornament?
**** I saw your location and got quite excited cos i thought there was a new smasher in my area lol :/

The only notable one in EU i reckon is samochan, and it looks like she will have money johns :/

Are you two gonna team?

Pasi

Smash Cadet
Wasn't it you who knocked Charles out of one tournament lol :confused:
Or atleast sent him to the losers bracket lol....and yeah it would be really good if I could plat you, want to play as much Europeans as possible so it would be great if you made it.
yea that was me, I wanna see u waveshining oos : D so pls record it

Pasi is the european JMAN xD
No! Jman is the american Pasi : D

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah that's a good point, any Euro's hoping to get a bed should definitely book before saturday cos that's when the majority of the UK community will book. GET BOOKING!!!

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, what size of pools are you planning for this (as in, how many people per pool)?
I'd also like to know this. :)

All 10 Danes signed up now! Some of us still need to take care of transport from Stansted to Birmingham, but that shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty hyped for this tournament now!

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
**** this, I'm not bothering to read anymore of this ashawruns posts until he gets his bloody font colour sorted :mad:
<3 :laugh:

Oh and for those who remember him (if not you should!) Cyr is really interested. French crew is cool right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom